• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin Williams is going to shine under the new coach.

HawkWeisErrr

He's at least as good as Joke Johnson was and I expect him to be even better without the ball hog and a new coach.

i totally agree. He could become a nice piece in an offense with a facilitator and good ball movement.

im thinking 18pts 7 reb 3ast and 2stl. He knows how to get to the basket whenever he wants to, gets to the ft line, and has a nice stroke in spot up situations.

He has also improved creating off the dribble as well as his baby hook shot when he flashes across the block. He was reduced to being the 5th option guy when iso joe and craw dribbled 16 seconds off the clock. The main thing i think he needs to work on is finishing a lil better at the basket although he has improved in that category.

Another proof how a man can be blinded by hate.

I don't have anything (well almost) against Marvin but he's not on the same level JJ is, not even close.

Edited by tremor
  • Like 1

a good coach knows how to take advantage of his players strengths and minimize their weakness, and just like every NBA player, Marvin does have some strengths. his weaknesses: Offensive creativity and finishing at the rim were what held him back in the Iso-O.

With a structured offense that creates for him, he can effectively be more effective on offense (if that makes sense)

• Premium Member

I don't know if Marvin will "shine," but he will undoubtedly be better assuming Drew has any idea how to run a NBA offense.

Smells like the setup for yet another person to take the blame for Marvin.

a good coach knows how to take advantage of his players strengths and minimize their weakness, and just like every NBA player, Marvin does have some strengths. his weaknesses: Offensive creativity and finishing at the rim were what held him back in the Iso-O.

With a structured offense that creates for him, he can effectively be more effective on offense (if that makes sense)

Actually a good coach knows how to take advantage of his TEAM's strengths and minimize it's weaknessses. This isn't about Marvin - it's about team. Making Marvin better is about the last thing Drew should be concerned with. If Drew has a scheme that makes us better - Great!. If Marvin fits into that scheme - Great! If Marvin does not fit in - who cares.