• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What Crawford do we start if JJ does leave?

JTB

I know many of you are like did you really just ask that question! well yeah! reason i ask is because to me starting Jamal in case JJ leaves would be a horrible mistake! I mean Jamal is our main firepower off the bench thats why he won 6th man of the year and really i think many saw him winning this award once he got to our team. So to me we should start our new rookie Jordan Crawford in case JJ leaves! The Hawks drafted Jordan as a player who can HELP NOW! I mean really I think Jordan is JJ's insurance. Plus I think Jamal coming off the bench is just better for the team and himself of course just cause he's coming off the bench doesnt mean he wont get starter minutes cause he will! An we shouldnt worry about Jordan if he does get the nod to start in case JJ leaves, remember LD has a new offense and it's not like Jordan would be forced to iso the whole time like JJ use to do instead he will be moving around and there will be ball movement and to sum it all up jordan Crawford is a pure shooter which is just what LD wanted for this new motion offense.........But yeah i say start Jordan in case JJ leaves so we wont lose that fire power scoring in Jamal off our bench cause it will be needed and our other bench players have not shown that ability to score coming of the bench like Jamal. Jamal is our BENCH! If Jordan has to come off the bench to me thats way less effective than Jordan starting if he has to! Think about it!

I know many will disagree with me but Your Thoughts?

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

Jordan may not be ready to play more than 5-10 minutes a game...much less 30-35 every night.

If Joe leaves, 100% chance Jamal starts.

There is a Crawful mentality that I am scared of when he becomes starter (FG% 45% as sixth man, 38-40% as a starter). I think Drew needs to start another SG(JC2 or FA SG) for 15-20 minutes and still give Craw his minutes. Kind of like Terry and Ginobli.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

There is a Crawful mentality that I am scared of when he becomes starter (FG% 45% as sixth man, 38-40% as a starter). I think Drew needs to start another SG(JC2 or FA SG) for 15-20 minutes and still give Craw his minutes. Kind of like Terry and Ginobli.

and your phobia is just silly . If a guy plays 30+ mpg and most of the 4th it doesnt matter whether he starts or not .

Start someone in front of him and they suck or bring someone behind him and they suck the problem is that no matter what is we have to get someone else who can bring some consistent play for that 20 minutes not whether or not we start Crawford or bring him off the bench .

Heres a bright idea, why not just start the best player?

Its a catch 22:

If Jordan is as ready to play as you say then then we wont be losing any fire power off the bench if he assumes Jamal's old role.

If Jordan isnt as ready to play then he needs sit his butt on the bench and learn

Im sorry, but how do you explain to the veteran Jamal that youre gonna start his rookie clone instead of him, assuming he doesnt get injured or get outperformed?

• Like 1

Here we see it again. Same as with Teague. This guy has not even played summer league and we are ready to make him a starter. Josh Childress' rookie season we were a 13 win team, he was the 6th pick in the draft, and he did not start more than a few games. A rookie who is ready to start and play big minutes is highly unusual even for a lottery pick.

Fans want to believe that the youngest guy on the bench is just sitting there waiting to be an allstar if only the coach would put them in the game. In that Teague thread people expected him to be Deron Williams next season, and were insulted at the idea that he might play on the level of Mo Williams. Get real. If Joe leaves we are already talking of bringing Salmons in. Crawford jr. is not in the plans to be given significant role, and no good GM would expect that out of the 27th pick.

• Like 1

Neither Crawford should start. It should be either Chills or Salmons. We keep Crawford as our edge off the bench.

Jamal Crawford has always been a better player than John Salmons. If anything, you make Jamal the starter and bring John Salmons off the bench as a rotational player if Salmons signs. Giving Salmons much more than $5 million per season would be a mistake though.

We should do it like denver, Jordan starts, but Jamal gets the majority of minutes between them

The thing is with Denver they start the better defensive player in Anthony Carter, Aaron Afflalo or Stephen Graham then bring JR off the bench to score. If we follow that formula then Mo would be the starting 2 guard.

I would rather start Teague then the rookie.

There is no way you can start Teague and the rookie together.

I would start Teague with Jamal. Jamal can share the ball handling and take pressure off of Teague.

I would rather start Mo Evans at SG then the rookie.

Edited by coachx

We should start I'll linup like this

Teague/Bibby

JorCraw/JamCraw

Salmons/Marvin

Smoove

Horford

We need to develop Jordan and keep Jamal on the bench as deadline trade bait. We need to pray that Jordan looks more like Michael than Farmar.

Johnny.......are you trying to get us into the lottery with a rookie SG and 21 year old PG starting ?

Edited by coachx

Johnny.......are you trying to get us into the lottery with a rookie SG and 21 year old PG starting ?

Like I said before, we are assuming that neither Smoove, Marvin nor Horford make any improvements. For all we know Crawford is the second coming. Horf could turn into Karl Malone and Smoove could be Rain man Jr. Its pie in the sky, but lets not forget that our "savior" Joe Johnson was an avg player before he was 25 and it clicked.

Like I said before, we are assuming that neither Smoove, Marvin nor Horford make any improvements. For all we know Crawford is the second coming. Horf could turn into Karl Malone and Smoove could be Rain man Jr. Its pie in the sky, but lets not forget that our "savior" Joe Johnson was an avg player before he was 25 and it clicked.

What most are assuming is a logical progression and not some lucy in sky with diamonds transformation. All these "coulds" you speak of are no different than saying the French guy we drafted could be the next Diaw.

All these things "could" happen; but if they don't and we just sit on our *ss counting up that nifty three million ..... say hello lottery!

I would rather start Teague then the rookie.

There is no way you can start Teague and the rookie together.

I would start Teague with Jamal. Jamal can share the ball handling and take pressure off of Teague.

I would rather start Mo Evans at SG then the rookie.

This probably makes the most sense. Mo would start, but be pulled around the 6 min mark of the 1st quarter. The problem, is that you're really asking Horford, Smoove, Marvin and possibly Teague to provide enough early offense to keep us afloat until Jamal comes in.

Teague

Evans

Marvin

Smoove

Horford

Boy . . . I tell you what. Marvin is going to have to find his offensive game next year. There are no guarantees whatsoever that Teague will be ready to assume the type of role that people want, and that Horford can elevate his game to that of an 18 - 20 ppg scorer. And Smoove doesn't shoot well enough ( on his jumper, nor from the FT line ), to say that he can become a 20 ppg scorer with JJ gone.

People are going to have to really step up next year, and prove their worth.

This probably makes the most sense. Mo would start, but be pulled around the 6 min mark of the 1st quarter. The problem, is that you're really asking Horford, Smoove, Marvin and possibly Teague to provide enough early offense to keep us afloat until Jamal comes in.

Teague

Evans

Marvin

Smoove

Horford

Boy . . . I tell you what. Marvin is going to have to find his offensive game next year. There are no guarantees whatsoever that Teague will be ready to assume the type of role that people want, and that Horford can elevate his game to that of an 18 - 20 ppg scorer. And Smoove doesn't shoot well enough ( on his jumper, nor from the FT line ), to say that he can become a 20 ppg scorer with JJ gone.

People are going to have to really step up next year, and prove their worth.

Like I said from almost day one, If we lose JJ, our weakest position becomes SG. We have got to fill JJs slot. And passing on a player like Terrico did not help matters. As he could easily be a better scorer than Evans already; and most definetely is a upgrade over Mario.

Edited by Buzzard