• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WOW...Cavs owner Dan Gilbert rips LeBron

• Premium Member
As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several-day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Yup.

• Moderators

GM Chris Grant's statement:

“We believe in this team, this organization, this community, and what we will do to compete at the highest level. We believe in the new coach and leader we have in Byron Scott, and the world class basketball organization and positive and strong culture we've established. Dan Gilbert and our ownership group are firmly committed to reaching our goals and succeeding on the court and in the community, at the highest level.”

“Our fans stepped up and showed their support, to a degree unlike anywhere else. We are fortunate to have the support of the best fans in the NBA. That passion and dedication will be rewarded. We will work relentlessly to continue to build a team that will contend. A team that will win championships. We are all competitors and our one goal is to win, that and Dan Gilbert and our ownership team’s commitment and investment in this organization and community are constants that will not change."

Now that's a statement. I'll withhold comment on Gilbert's until I'm certain it's not an epic hack job.

~lw3

That is some serious balls, but what is all this about "loyalty"? Gilbert isn't loyal to the Cavs. He owns the Cavs. How is he going to "dessert" the fans? By selling the team? I guarantee he would if the price were right. And who can really fault Lebron. He was choosing between New York and Miami all along. I mean, who wants to live in Cleveland? Next to Newark, Detroit, and Memphis, it's probably the worst major city in America.

That was a very mean-spirited response.

Maybe there is a reason why he didn't choose Cleveland. The owner got some anger issues and may have shown it in the past and Lebron didn't forget.

Gilbert became owner a few years after Lebron got drafted, so that connection isn't as strong as many people believe.