• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Suns acquire Childress in a S&T for 2012 2nd & 3 mil TPE

GameTime

Other teams knew the Hawks weren't going to match an offer for Childress. The Hawks are near the luxury tax and already have JJ, Crawford x2, Mo and Marvin at the 2/3. It wasn't realistic to expect much in a trade unless another team just wanted to get rid of a player.

Billy Knight versus the lottery:

Josh Childress

Marvin Williams

Sheldon Williams

Al Horford

Acie Law

1 out of 5 meeting expectations, 2 of 5 remaining on the roster.

Billy Knight versus the lottery:

Josh Childress

Marvin Williams

Sheldon Williams

Al Horford

Acie Law

1 out of 5 meeting expectations, 2 of 5 remaining on the roster.

Kind of like Sunds record with Hawks free agents.

We'll wish we had kept him. Been saying it for years, but whatever...hopefully this is all a part of a manuver to truly improve this team. Otherwise, this is going to sting.

Not really, he has not been on our team for the last two years and we have improved each year without him. We need a true center and Teague to be our PG of the future we sure as heck don't need another tweener forward on our roster.

Nobody expects to land an All-Star when you are signing guys for $2-3 million/yr or less.

Im talking about:

Losing Chills

Zazas deal

Bibbys deal

Marvs deal

Joes deal

Mo's deal

So far it looks like all of those could be losing situations. The jury is still out on Joe's deal imo but it seems like we could have got him for a little less at least.

Im talking about:

Losing Chills

Zazas deal

Bibbys deal

Marvs deal

Joes deal

Mo's deal

So far it looks like all of those could be losing situations. The jury is still out on Joe's deal imo but it seems like we could have got him for a little less at least.

So in other words he should have dumped BKs aquisitions and started over. I can certainly understand that viewpoint.

Losing Chillz was a lucky break.

So in other words he should have dumped BKs aquisitions and started over. I can certainly understand that viewpoint.

Losing Chillz was a lucky break.

While it cant be proven it seems like he gave more in contracts than what the Market was for each player. Bibby reports said his best offer was a 1 year deal from Philly. Joe got more than anyonelse this offseason, etc. Again nothing can be proven but its seems he overpays, well Gearon overpays to keep the guys who want to stay here. Maybe Chills will be a good thing or maybe he blows up in Phoenix, we will see.

We don't know if it's $3.6M TPE, because since ATL have Bird riights, they can sign him up to 10.5% decrease, which means that with a 34M/5yrs, he can start at 8.6M (with less than 5M in year 5) and give a 4.3M TPE

We do overcompensate our players. It's annoying but some franchises do business like this.

• Moderators

I would love to use the TPE for a guy like JaVale McGee. Could we do that?

Why in the world would the Wizards trade McGee to us? He is a cheap, young 7 footer. Chilz for McGee was just people dreaming. The TPE for McGee would be insane.

Why in the world would the Wizards trade McGee to us? He is a cheap, young 7 footer. Chilz for McGee was just people dreaming. The TPE for McGee would be insane.

Dreaming as well I suppose. Im semi dreading us signing Shaq for all that money. We need another athletic big in the worse way.

Im talking about:

Losing Chills

Zazas deal

Bibbys deal

Marvs deal

Joes deal

Mo's deal

This team will have a firesale in a few years when they can't get past the 2nd round. At the very least one or two important starters will be traded. This team has to play by rules other teams don't.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

This team will have a firesale in a few years when they can't get past the 2nd round. At the very least one or two important starters will be traded. This team has to play by rules other teams don't.

I don't understand our moves. We have the same team without Crawford, and possibly Horford, locked up for years. Not a team that is so good you overpay to keep together. We need to improve not stand pat.

:helpsmilie:

I must admit I have seriously developed a crush on McGee. I don't personally know what they place his value at, but I agree, with chillz we had a chance, with a TPE we only have a wet dream :beathorse: