• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

That game-winning 3 pointer will set Josh back 2 years

NineOhTheRino

Lmao dude ur taking this WAY 2 seriously hahaha

all i was saying is he would kill YOU in a shooting competition unlike you said

Smith can't shoot. Go to any random gym with halfway decent players and most of the guys there can outshoot Smith. He is terrible. I would bet my car that i could beat him in a shooting competition and i don't even play any more.

One time my boss at work challenged me to a shooting competition. I made 29 out of 30 from the college 3. He was pretty quiet after that.

Smith might be the worst jump shooter i have ever seen in the NBA that takes that many jump shots.

My challenge stands. Show me one player in the NBA that takes as many jumpers as Smith and shoots them worse.

so they should just not pass him the ball? Al was driving and left his feet in traffic, he had no other choice but to pass it to the man closest to him or give the ball away....there were 7 seconds on the shot clock and josh actually got his man up with a pump fake which made it even easier to drive if he decided to.....now last night he hit that shot but that was not the best play in that situation.

That logic is just dumb....because they pass him the ball does not mean he should choose to make a bad play, there's plenty he could do with the ball after catching it on the perimeter he just chooses the easy route. Thats like saying if I lead you to a bridge do you think that you're only choice is to jump?

He just plays dumb on the offensive end, point blank period.

It was not a dumb play, if you forgot he made the shot :cant believe:

Smith can't shoot. Go to any random gym with halfway decent players and most of the guys there can outshoot Smith. He is terrible. I would bet my car that i could beat him in a shooting competition and i don't even play any more.

One time my boss at work challenged me to a shooting competition. I made 29 out of 30 from the college 3. He was pretty quiet after that.

Smith might be the worst jump shooter i have ever seen in the NBA that takes that many jump shots.

My challenge stands. Show me one player in the NBA that takes as many jumpers as Smith and shoots them worse.

This seems to be FAR more important to you than me so im goin to let you have this one...... lol :white flag:

and if you could make 29 out of 30 shots from 3 you would be in the nba just sayin your flexin, not even ray allen does that

This seems to be FAR more important to you than me so im goin to let you have this one...... lol :white flag:

and if you could make 29 out of 30 shots from 3 you would be in the nba just sayin your flexin, not even ray allen does that

So if Smith shot a half court shot with 15 seconds left on the clock it wouldn't be a dumb shot if it went in, right?

Did you not read my entire post? I said last night he hit that shot but in that situation that was not the best play!!!

I said he plays dumb on the offensive end.....didn't say that play was dumb, said it wasn't the best choice in that situation, went in but still wasnt the best play.

Again I will ask do you ever see Josh take a jumper and you say to yourself that was a good shot and RATHER HE MAKES IT OR NOT you're happy with the execution to get him THAT SHOT?

Ray Allen could do that routinely in practice. He could make over 50 straight from the college 3 in practice. You obviously don't know basketball.

Shaq can make free throws routinely in practice. Ben Wallace can shoot well from 3 in practice.

Check out Arenas shooting one handed 3s in practice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn6O42a5vl8

Did you not read my entire post? I said last night he hit that shot but in that situation that was not the best play!!!

I said he plays dumb on the offensive end.....didn't say that play was dumb, said it wasn't the best choice in that situation, went in but still wasnt the best play.

Again I will ask do you ever see Josh take a jumper and you say to yourself that was a good shot and RATHER HE MAKES IT OR NOT you're happy with the execution to get him THAT SHOT?

Not necessarily happy but would rather him take a wide open mid rang than joe or somebody else forcing something, i get irritated at josh when he forces jump shots as well but on that play the clock was winding down so he didnt have alot ot time to re set or anything...... and for god sakes it went in lets be happy

Ray Allen could do that routinely in practice. He could make over 50 straight from the college 3 in practice. You obviously don't know basketball.

Shaq can make free throws routinely in practice. Ben Wallace can shoot well from 3 in practice.

Check out Arenas shooting one handed 3s in practice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn6O42a5vl8

I just watched the beginning but those arent 3's, but buddy i said you win GIVE IT UP LMAO

and can you please show me the video of Ben Wallace making threes in practice?

Not necessarily happy but would rather him take a wide open mid rang than joe or somebody else forcing something, i get irritated at josh when he forces jump shots as well but on that play the clock was winding down so he didnt have alot ot time to re set or anything...... and for god sakes it went in lets be happy

7 seconds is a fair amount of time to make a play but if you say so and yes I am happy it went in, dont get it twisted I'm happy he made the shot I just hope like many others that this doesn't make him think he SHOULD be taking that shot.

• Moderators

Another possibilty is that Smoove shooting the occasional three is OK with LD and it's actually part of the strategery. Think about it a second. If Smoove has been practicing perimeter shots in the off-season and LD feels he can gain enough confidence and effectiveness with the shot it could really help our offense. If Smoove shoots well enough so that other teams have to play him honestly on the perimeter it opens up passing lanes more - and Smoove is an excellent passer for his position.

Additionally, if the overall plan is to move CrawSr at midseason for a big, having Smoove gaining confidence in a "three-like" position on offense would make it easier to transition to a larger lineup in the future (front line of - New Center - Al at PF - and Smoove at SF). Not saying this would be our standard lineup, but it would allow LD to "go big" with more confidence when we need more size and aggressiveness against certain teams.

OK - blast away! :stirthepot:

Although I don't agree that Smoove is getting shots for confidence-building's sake (and, oh dear, not to become The Future at SF), you've accurately suggested what I've been insinuating... that Smoove shooting threes like lawn darts is NOT the Big No-No in LD's offensive gameplan that some of us would like to think it is. It is but one shaky quiver in the expanded offensive arsenal that the Hawks will use, at least until Josh amasses PF-style offensive tools (and better FT shooting) worthy of going away from it completely.

I also neglected above to note, in addition to being useful away from the basket for screens, that passing is another good option... except that would require him to get the ball and pray he doesn't shoot it, which brings me back to my initial question.

After Josh hits his three and starts pounding his chest, was any of the staff on the bench caught biting their tongue, hanging their heads in shame, or grabbing Josh to school him that what he just did was improper?

All the vitriol others are directing toward this one player needs to be spread around. They say something about those who keep doing the same things expecting a different result. We eagerly apply that concept to Smoove, but what about those who keep giving him the ball when he's clearly 15+ feet out?

~lw3

I used to hate these threads but over time they've grown on me (sarcasm). The constant beating of the Marvin taken at 2 threads, Josh too many jumpers threads, Joe's overdribble turn overs. Same threads over and over. It is only basketball and we could go back to winning less than 20 games a year. It could be a whole lot worse.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 2

7 seconds is a fair amount of time to make a play but if you say so and yes I am happy it went in, dont get it twisted I'm happy he made the shot I just hope like many others that this doesn't make him think he SHOULD be taking that shot.

I agree with you on that :handshake:

I used to hate these threads but over time they've grown on me (sarcasm). The constant beating of the Marvin taken at 2 threads, Josh too many jumpers threads, Joe's overdribble turn overs. Same threads over and over. It is only basketball and we could go back to winning less than 20 games a year. It could be a whole lot worse.

Get out of my head!!!! lmao

I try and defend the player and get jumped on lol

I just watched the beginning but those arent 3's, but buddy i said you win GIVE IT UP LMAO

and can you please show me the video of Ben Wallace making threes in practice?

Man you are totally clueless. Those are clearly 3s. It was a 3 point shooting contest genius. There was $10k on the line. At the 3:30 mark it shows very clearly that he is standing behind the line.

There are no videos of Ben Wallace shooting 3s in practice but i remember the announcers commenting on him draining 3s in warmups before a game.

Can I just say we might be the only fans in the NBA that are angry at our own player for hitting a game winning three point shot? :beat:

It isn't just that shot. It is the fact that 14 of his 21 field goal attempts have been jumpers and he is a horrible jump shooter. i am still waiting for anyone to name a player who shoots as many jumpers as Smith and shoots them worse.

• Premium Member

Can I just say we might be the only fans in the NBA that are angry at our own player for hitting a game winning three point shot? :beat:

I basically posted the same thing ealier in this thread and got neg'd. People are taking their E-debates waaaay to seriously. We're 2-0 and we might as well enjoy it. Save the frustration, doom, and gloom for when we lose. It's inevitable, so just be patient.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I basically posted the same thing ealier in this thread and got neg'd. People are taking their E-debates waaaay to seriously. We're 2-0 and we might as well enjoy it. Save the frustration, doom, and gloom for when we lose. It's inevitable, so just be patient.

So if Josh went 10 for 10 posting up his man with 15 rebounds and 5 block and we lose, then we can complain about him? :blink: