• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best Hawks trade in the past 30 or so years!

Diesel

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

OK, I think this is very interesting... More interesting than worst trade which should easily be Nique for Manning or Smith for Rider/Jackson.

All of these trades have a good value... so here's the deal, what has been the best trade.

Edited by Diesel

Rasheed Wallace for Josh SMith turned out the best.

I wouldn't say that was the best trade though. All it means is that they got lucky with the pick, not that it was a great trade. If the Hawks had gotten lucky with the Acie pick would that have made the Harrington trade a great trade?

I am going to go with Willis for Smith/Long. Smith was our go to scorer for years and Long was one of my favorite Hawks players. I think an argument can certainly be made for the Mookie trade though. I had a tough time choosing.

Edited by exodus

• Moderators

Diesel,

#2 isn't right. Acie and Speedy were traded to the Warriors for Crawford.

Craw for Speedy 'n Acie was a good one; Bibbs was Shelden+TLue+AJ+LoWright

Should John Drew 'n Freeman Williams for Nique be in here? I haven't voted yet so I may have glossed over it.

~lw3

• Premium Member

Craw for Speedy 'n Acie was a good one; Bibbs was Shelden+TLue+AJ+LoWright

Should John Drew 'n Freeman Williams for Nique be in here? I haven't voted yet so I may have glossed over it.

~lw3

Drew, Freeman, and 1 Million dollars for Nique was a no brainer best ever. 30 years... doesn't that cut that trade out?

I mixed up my Bibby and Craw trades... At the least, Craw's trade should have been there.

I guess we have a write in for the trade that netted us Craw.

• Premium Member

My vote goes to Augmon and Long to Detroit for capspace and future picks.

We kinda squandered those future picks with Cal Bowdler and Jumaine Jones.

But...the Capspace netted us Dikembe Mutombo.

The genius part of this trade was that Detroit were interested in Deke too... but after the trade, they didn't have the capspace to beat our offer.

I went with Rumeul for Mookie. But, it was a hard choice. I almost went with the Willis trade, but decided that Rumeul was so bad that the return was better than the return on Willis in terms of over all production. E.g. Willis gave us a lot and Smith/Long gave us a lot. RR didn't do a damn thing, but Mookie was a terrific PG.

Thanks for putting this up D, interesting poll.

• Premium Member

I went with Rumeul for Mookie. But, it was a hard choice. I almost went with the Willis trade, but decided that Rumeul was so bad that the return was better than the return on Willis in terms of over all production. E.g. Willis gave us a lot and Smith/Long gave us a lot. RR didn't do a damn thing, but Mookie was a terrific PG.

Thanks for putting this up D, interesting poll.

Nothing except us getting Nique tops getting Mookie for a terribad player in Robinson. We got an elite level point guard in his prime years for a guy that was a bum.

• Premium Member

Yeah...I voted for Smitty, but now that I think about, that Mookie trade was BEASTLY. The first we used on Smoove was just fate lol, but honestly we shouldn't have had a shot at him.

Y'know... Pete Babcock could screw up a top 10 draft pick with 9 "sure things" in it. He sucked at drafting, but he was a wheeling and dealing SOB. The on thing I miss about that era is that Babcock made things happen. He screwed up our drafts and threw away some talent (because he didn't believe in rebuilding), but the man could get trades done.

Rumeal for Mookie was a great steal

Bibby for AJ and Ty Lue really was the turning point for the Hawks to start becoming contenders.

?

A team that hasn't won a second round playoff game can't be considered a contender. The Bibby trade helped the Hawks get better no doubt but they have a ways to go to become contenders.

Nique to Atlanta draft day trade.