• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hinrich/Armstrong acquired.

Sothron

This is a trade that Billy Knight would make. You know you suck at drafting so just throw the pick in even though you're only getting a marginal upgrade at best.

no no... BK would have saved the picks. And in the draft, he would draft LONG players. Doesnt matter what position, just as long as they are LONG

• Like 1

• Premium Member

In terms of the rotation, it seems to me that Sund just added a slightly younger version of Bibby, retroflecting back to when Bibby last was an average defender... and arguably added a rotation player to the front line, but I'm skeptical that Drew will play him.

Been thin at SF all season... just got thinner.

• Premium Member

I'm not upset that we are giving up the pick, especially in this year's weak draft, I jsut think WA was greedy to even ask for it as the deal is presently constructed.

And count me amongst those sad to see Bibby go, but he was killing us. We needed an upgrade. This is at least that on the defensive end. And Kirk can hit an open three, so that should stay the same.

Well, WAS had us over a table... BUT... look at the Junk players we sent them. Seriously. We sent Bibby and Mo. Neither of these guys are what they used to be.. then we sent Jordan Crawford. He's a good prospect but hasn't play a minute here. The bottom line is that nothing we sent might play out well for them. Hinrich is a coaches son. He has high BBIQ. If it's one thing this team lacks it's BBIQ. We're getting a floor general. Does that mean he's Steve Nash? No. It just means that he plays better defense than Bibby and will hopefully give us consistency on offense.

no no... BK would have saved the picks. And in the draft, he would draft LONG players. Doesnt matter what position, just as long as they are LONG

Didn't BK give up a very high 2nd rounder so that we could get Anthony Johnson for our 2007 "playoff push"? Hinrich has a small advantage over Bibby in per 36 numbers but has a much worse plus/minus & we lose the advantage of continuity. I don't see why the Hawks thought he was a big enough upgrade to just throw a 1st rounder in there.

• Premium Member

Was reading Draftexpress the other day, and even Jonathan Givony admits this is going to be a very weak draft. Someone compared a late 1st in the upcoming draft to a mid-2nd rounder in a more "normal" draft.

I'm not bothered by the inclusion of the draft pick. It has less value than Crawford, IMHO.