• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official Jordan Crawford Watch Thread

Jordan going off currently has 25 points in a starting role. As I said day 1 this is a horrible trade. Washington absolutely won in every way.Cut salary with Bibby going away, got a rotation player for the next 10 to 15 years in Jordan Crawford and got a 1st round pick in which they can couple with there lottery pick to move up or just use to select a 2nd player because the draft is not as weak as some would have you believe. What a horrible trade for the Hawks. On the other hand, I am happy to see Jordan doing well.

And he's holding Bogans and Brewer to a combined 8 for 13 shooting for 21 points!!! Those two usually stack up large numbers, but not against Stonewall Crawford. No sir, Jordan is the complete package.

Starting and playing a ton of minutes for a 16 win lottery team that is playing all the young players is easy. He can play carefree and fancy free because their is nothing to lose. When he does that on a contending team I will look back and say it was a mistake trading him, until such time.....phffft. :beathorse:

The Hawks probably could have traded Bibby(who was willing to give back millions in a buy out) and Mo for Hinrich if they wanted to. It wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks just didn't plan on picking up Crawford's 3rd year option or actually keeping their 2011 pick anyway so they just threw them in there as well to avoid looking cheap in the summer.I also want to point out that players like Terrance Kinsey and Shelden also looked great at the end of their rookie years when placed in low leverage situations where they were guaranteed 30 plus minutes a night.

Edited by prolific25

Denial 't just a river in Africa. When will Hawk fans accept the fact that we { again) were played like fools. I like Hinrich. He is a clearly better than Bibby and gives us a nice Pg for a while. However, JC2 may very well turn out to be the next big thing, and at the very least, a legit scorer in this league. We were played like fools. He is legit.

• Like 3

Denial 't just a river in Africa. When will Hawk fans accept the fact that we { again) were played like fools. I like Hinrich. He is a clearly better than Bibby and gives us a nice Pg for a while. However, JC2 may very well turn out to be the next big thing, and at the very least, a legit scorer in this league. We were played like fools. He is legit.

actually I would say that people who think he is the next big thing are fools . scoring 20 points for the worst team in the league doesnt make you a legit scorer . The list of players in the league and in the D-league and in europe that could score in the nba is incredibly long . The fact is there are simply not that many who can score meaningful points . 20 points in a 20 point loss on a team playing for nothing is doesnt mean anything Im, sorry it simply doesnt . hes a nice prospect but all this we got robbed stuff because hes putting up points in losses is crazy Im sure Boston is saying oh man if only we had kept that lottery pick known as Randy Foye ........roflmao

Please tell me you're joking.

I don't know why you're getting so excited about what Jordan Crawford did.. I mean come on.. it's what he's paid to do.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Starting and playing a ton of minutes for a 16 win lottery team that is playing all the young players is easy. He can play carefree and fancy free because their is nothing to lose. When he does that on a contending team I will look back and say it was a mistake trading him, until such time.....phffft. :beathorse:

Did you say Shelden Williams rookie year March and April??Fools gold.Jordan Crawford is playing big minutes and putting up 20 in a blowout loss on less than 40% shooting and people here are throwing parties for him?

For all the people that say Jordan doing this on a horrible team detracts from what he is doing how can you then say us picking Hinrich up who was playing on the same horrible team and expecting him to totally change our culture or be a forward move was warranted or smart especially when he had also been replaced in 2 lineups as the starting lineup by two rookie PG's? I understand that Wall and Rose are all world talents but are you guys seriously trying to bring principle into this argument in which the Hawks totally went against sound principle in every way by giving up too much for a player that is simply serviceable at best.

• Like 1

For all the people that say Jordan doing this on a horrible team detracts from what he is doing how can you then say us picking Hinrich up who was playing on the same horrible team and expecting him to totally change our culture or be a forward move was warranted or smart especially when he had also been replaced in 2 lineups as the starting lineup by two rookie PG's? I understand that Wall and Rose are all world talents but are you guys seriously trying to bring principle into this argument in which the Hawks totally went against sound principle in every way by giving up too much for a player that is simply serviceable at best.

You made a good point about Kirk being on the same horrible team but it all went downhill from there.
  • Like 1

I'm still saying he's Luther Head, but the point is, we gave up 2 modest assets for a non-factor. We're 1 and done no matter what.

A non-factor? Surely you can't be serious. Giving up Jordan was a mistake, but calling Kirk a non-factor is simply wrong.
  • Like 1

The Hawks probably could have traded Bibby(who was willing to give back millions in a buy out) and Mo for Hinrich if they wanted to. It wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks just didn't plan on picking up Crawford's 3rd year option or actually keeping their 2011 pick anyway so they just threw them in there as well to avoid looking cheap in the summer.

Wow. C'mon man, that is some pretty hardcore speculation/reaching. Sund himself said he was reluctant to give up JC2. Edited by jhay610