• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official Jordan Crawford Watch Thread

My thread was the first one and it got deleted. That's a load of crap! Oh well.. lol

Where was your thread posted? If it got deleted it wasn't intentional but sometimes things like that happen when threads have to be moved to the proper forum.

• Moderators

Where was your thread posted? If it got deleted it wasn't intentional but sometimes things like that happen when threads have to be moved to the proper forum.

It's now two or three JC2 posts below this one. Is it possible to merge them all together under the Jordan Crawford Watch thread?~lw3

Holy Cow...was checking out Saturday morning Sportscenter and they showed an awesome JC2 highlight assist on the fast break. So I thought...why not check out the boxscore (figuring he would probably have pedestrian stats otherwise).WOW - 21-11-10 and 2 blocks in a win!! Congrats to Jordan Crawford! Granted it was against CLE but still, that is impressive.Only thing I can figure is that Jordan has fallen into the perfect situation for him. He's on a team that isn't under pressure to win every game they can - and they've decided to just turn the kid loose and see what he can do for the rest of the season. Personally I'm happy for him...no way he would be getting that kind of opportunity with us....he had 42+ minutes.:stirthepot:

...He had one sequence which is sure to make the highlights, blocking Baron's shot, recovering the ball, making a spin move to lead the break and then hitting the trailer with a no look between the legs pass.

Just saw it on SportsCenter. Awesome...good for him.

Hello,I bemoaned this Trade when it happened and now I am speechless. Sure the Stat Geeks will point out he puts up tons of shots, but how different is that from our 120 Million Dollar "All Star" and JC1? So we essentially gave up 2 First Round Picks for Heinrich. A Player the Wizards were given a 1st Round Pick from Chicago just to take for them to clear up Cap Space. So the Wizards got 2 First Rounders for a PT that they really did not need in the first place.We have to rank last in Player Development in the entire League. We are ruining Teague's confidence and God knows if we will ever see Pape Sy even Play. Perhaps it does not matter that we gave up a 1st Round Pick as he would have just languished on the Bench anyhow. I have loved the Hawks my entire life, but it is beyond frustrating to know we will never go over the Luxury Tax, never spend real money on a Head Coach, and never have a chance to go deep in the Playoffs until Hell freezes over or we get real Ownership.JJ

• Like 1

We have to rank last in Player Development in the entire League....

Not only that JJ...we are the absolute worst "buyers" in the league to boot. We are like the folks who go to the high end stores or a rent-to-own place for a widescreen TV. We get what we want, but we always seem to pay too much. You can't really say that we didn't need a guy like Kirk Hinrich this year...we did...just like we needed a guy like Joe Johnson when we were in the depths of losersville. But our management doesn't seem to be savvy.I have no problem whatsoever with getting Hinrich...we had a need (better D at PG) and we got it. You can argue about Bibby's shooting over Hinrich's but that doesn't matter much since we already have a bunch of shooters. What is annoying to me is that our management never seems to be able to get a deal...we always seem to pay top dollar for what we get. That's a nice way of saying we are suckers. :kickcan:
  • Like 1

Jordan Crawford is only a rookie. Why do people think he has to be perfect or a great player already. Give the guy a chance. He is playing exceptional well for where he was drafted. He plays a lot better than some of the players on the hawks current roster.

Not only that JJ...we are the absolute worst "buyers" in the league to boot. We are like the folks who go to the high end stores or a rent-to-own place for a widescreen TV. We get what we want, but we always seem to pay too much. You can't really say that we didn't need a guy like Kirk Hinrich this year...we did...just like we needed a guy like Joe Johnson when we were in the depths of losersville. But our management doesn't seem to be savvy.I have no problem whatsoever with getting Hinrich...we had a need (better D at PG) and we got it. You can argue about Bibby's shooting over Hinrich's but that doesn't matter much since we already have a bunch of shooters. What is annoying to me is that our management never seems to be able to get a deal...we always seem to pay top dollar for what we get. That's a nice way of saying we are suckers. :kickcan:

Umm we got Bibby and Jamal both for garbage and they turned out to be great trades at the time.

Putting up a triple double against any team in this league is impressive. I knew when I saw Jordan playing early on this season that you could tell he had a certain promise to him. I couldn't understand why some on this site were dismissing him as just another basically meaningless late draft pick. The kid had skills and showed it in his limited time playing. Now we are looking really bad for including him in the trade. I like Kirk HInrich and believe he's an upgrade but the trade looks like it could turn out to be pretty bad if Jordan turns into the next Rip Hamilton.

• Like 1

Holy Cow...was checking out Saturday morning Sportscenter and they showed an awesome JC2 highlight assist on the fast break. So I thought...why not check out the boxscore (figuring he would probably have pedestrian stats otherwise).WOW - 21-11-10 and 2 blocks in a win!! Congrats to Jordan Crawford! Granted it was against CLE but still, that is impressive.Only thing I can figure is that Jordan has fallen into the perfect situation for him. He's on a team that isn't under pressure to win every game they can - and they've decided to just turn the kid loose and see what he can do for the rest of the season. Personally I'm happy for him...no way he would be getting that kind of opportunity with us....he had 42+ minutes.:stirthepot:

In three years, Jordan will be a very solid starter, while JC1 will no longer be here, JJ and Hinrich will be about done.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

In three years, Jordan will be a very solid starter, while JC1 will no longer be here, JJ and Hinrich will be about done.

And Washington has the time and the personnel to grow him into that. Like it or not, we are a win now team. We have to win now. JC2 would have eaten into the little time that Teague gets. Our GM chose Teague on JC2. You may hate it, but that's the way it is.
  • Like 1

X BABY !!!!! Way to rep Jcraw. I knew he was going to be a player but unfortunately he went to a team notorious for trading future stars for washed up has beens.

Edited by NJHAWK