• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So if you listen to announcers and the guys at the studio

NJHAWK

Why dont they rip Van Gundy for allowing Hedo to basically shoot the Magic out of the game. Thet rip the Hawks for not having a 15 point lead. We may have if our guys who normally bury free throws would bury them. Our guys couldnt make the few free throws we got till Joe did at the end, Howard was making almost all his and we still won. Maybe the Hawks did take some bad shots but what the hell do you call the shots the Magic were taking when Howard wasnt at the line?

• Premium Member

I do think Kenny and Chuck like taking subtle shots at JJ and the Hawks fans. Anyone thinks this has anything to do with the Hawks not making Kenny the GM?

That was a bad stretch they showed at half time, so I suppose Kenny and the producers went "yes!" If that didn't happen they probably wouldn't show any footage.

I do hope Smith gets a gm or coaching job if he's mr. know it all.

I do think Kenny and Chuck like taking subtle shots at JJ and the Hawks fans. Anyone thinks this has anything to do with the Hawks not making Kenny the GM?

yeah, I tweeted this after they said what they said at halftime.

"@Brotha2ThaNite: 1st Half #Hawks shot 52.5 Fg%, 57.1 3pt% and only had 4 FT attemps. BUT "THE HAWKS AREN'T PLAYING PLAYOFF BASKETBALL???" o_O #homertweet. lol"

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

I dont watch them for expert analysis I watch them for entertainment purposes. Just listen to what they say about each team throughout the playoffs and you find they contradict themselves all the time .

They pick favorites and they adjust there analysis accordingly .

If we win tomorrow they will expect Derrick Rose to run all over us.

If anyone watch there analysis of the last two bulls game and how they played and then listen to how they call us out you know they are biased

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Before the series we weren't considered to be in Orlando's league and now we're supposed to be blowing them away.

EXACTLY. We were supposed to get DESTROYED by Orlando. It's strange that some announcers, analysts, and even ajc blog posters almost seem 'hurt' that the Hawks aren't proving them right. They still continue to pick the team apart even though they have darn near swept the Magic. The game is played on the court, not the papers or on the internet. I'm glad the Hawks believe in themselves and have shown more grit than I've seen since '08. Keep it up fellas. :good:

yeah, I tweeted this after they said what they said at halftime.

"@Brotha2ThaNite: 1st Half #Hawks shot 52.5 Fg%, 57.1 3pt% and only had 4 FT attemps. BUT "THE HAWKS AREN'T PLAYING PLAYOFF BASKETBALL???" o_O #homertweet. lol"

The words were actually "The Hawks are not playing Champioship basketball." Its hard to argue with that after we gave up another 16 point lead to an inferior team.

The Magic were 2-23 on 3pt FGs and we still almost lost due to the Hawks own bone headed mistakes on offense.

The Hawk did win that game but Orlando was right there till the end with a chance to tie at the buzzer.

The truth should not hurt so bad guys. I think we have gotten too used to Nique and Bob being homers rather then giving us the truth.

I really like what Kerr said about Crawford when comparing him to Vinny "the Microwave" Johnson. Kerr basically said: Its great to have a guy like him who can give you instant offense off the bench for 25 - 30 minutes a night but you don't want to play guys who play that style over 40 minutes a game b/c you will get diminishing returns due to them forcing shots at the expense of your other players not being involved enough........Its great to have a guy who can create and hit difficult shots to win a game but the problem is when they think they should pull those same high degree of difficulty moves in the middle of games where you should be looking for better and easier shots and that hurts the other players on your team..........When the Hawks were up by double digits they should have been looking for better shots the circus is-moves. There is alot of truth inwhat Kerr said.

Hawks fans should be glad the Hawks are up 3-1 but in reality they are playing far from perfect basketball.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

I readily admit my frustration towards our percieved lack of basketball IQ. On the stretch that Kenny Showed, we came down and shot three straight bone headed shots. We eventually relinquished the lead. Our team's problem is that we have to learn that winning comes from doing those hard things instead of opting for doing the easy things.

• Premium Member

Why dont they rip Van Gundy for allowing Hedo to basically shoot the Magic out of the game. Thet rip the Hawks for not having a 15 point lead. We may have if our guys who normally bury free throws would bury them. Our guys couldnt make the few free throws we got till Joe did at the end, Howard was making almost all his and we still won. Maybe the Hawks did take some bad shots but what the hell do you call the shots the Magic were taking when Howard wasnt at the line?

It was amusing to hear Van Gundy in his presser say something like "I'll take my share of the blame," and then spend the next 20 minutes talking about his players' failures, and in some cases, even calling them out... yes, Hedo, in particular, but I think I heard some jabs to one degree or another about every player not named Dwight. I just think the media guys love that he gives them some colorful quotes, but geez, karma's a b*tch, and at some point if not already, the players are going to give up on a coach who is that blatantly hypocritical and hypercritical. I don't care how bad our guys are doing, that would really pizz me off to hear Drew pull that crap. But truthfully, SVG is probably just smart enough to know to position himself for his next gig, and he'll be a shoe-in as a commentator when that time comes, partially as a result of this kind of schtick.

The words were actually "The Hawks are not playing Champioship basketball." Its hard to argue with that after we gave up another 16 point lead to an inferior team.

The Magic were 2-23 on 3pt FGs and we still almost lost due to the Hawks own bone headed mistakes on offense.

The Hawk did win that game but Orlando was right there till the end with a chance to tie at the buzzer.

The truth should not hurt so bad guys. I think we have gotten too used to Nique and Bob being homers rather then giving us the truth.

I really like what Kerr said about Crawford when comparing him to Vinny "the Microwave" Johnson. Kerr basically said: Its great to have a guy like him who can give you instant offense off the bench for 25 - 30 minutes a night but you don't want to play guys who play that style over 40 minutes a game b/c you will get diminishing returns due to them forcing shots at the expense of your other players not being involved enough........Its great to have a guy who can create and hit difficult shots to win a game but the problem is when they think they should pull those same high degree of difficulty moves in the middle of games where you should be looking for better and easier shots and that hurts the other players on your team..........When the Hawks were up by double digits they should have been looking for better shots the circus is-moves. There is alot of truth inwhat Kerr said.

Hawks fans should be glad the Hawks are up 3-1 but in reality they are playing far from perfect basketball.

I think this is a pretty level headed response. We are beating the Magic but honestly we should be beating them more convincingly. And I agree that we should be careful not to overuse Crawford. Only a matter of time before he hits a cold streak.

Except that jamal very rarely plays 40 minutes for us so I take it as another off the wall comparison,Hes always within the 29-33 minutes range no matter what .

Jamal Crawford is not a good bench score who talent restricts him to a the bench he is a starting caliber scoring guard who happens to come of our bench .

Ben Gordon is a Vinnie Johnson type as Johnson was only 6'2 and jamal can give you minutes at both guard spots

I hope we beat the Bulls not only because it helps our chances of getting Howard, and gives this team a chance to step up to the next level confidence wise even without, but man I can't wait to see those TNT guys be forced to admit that we are a legit team.

I was reading realgm and I think I read you saying we would expose the Bulls as a one man team? I sure hope so lol