Josh is losing trade value

MoBetta

this is why denver laughed at when we had offered him. the owners really need to stop overvaluing smoove the best thing we can get back for smoove is some solid role players. No way we can get back someone as talented as smoove.

• Premium Member

this brings up a big question... would people here rather hang on to him to use him as bait to trade Horford for Howard -- or involve Smoove in a trade for CP3?

Smoove for Cp3? There is nothing on our team we could trade for CP3, and Smoove is most definitely not getting it done. We could offer both Horford and Smith, and it still wouldn't be enough.

0-7 with 4 TO's and a block. The Jsmoove apologists will say how much that block meant while a 3rd grader will see rest of it is killin

Oh you know they will. And they will magnify any bad play or decision Al had in the game and the lack of criticism towards Al as proof as to how we are all biased in our discontent with Josh Smith and his game and attitude. Sigh. As the Hawks world turns.

Edited by Eddielives

Josh has given the team really only about 6 minutes of good play in this series. 3 minutes towards the end of the 4th in game one and 3 minutes at the end of the 3rd in game two. Plenty have overrated the hell out of those 6 minutes and used it to ignore the other 62 minutes he's been on the court but I will hold on to them as evidence that the guy knows what he needs to do and is just trolling us badly for dramatic effect. I have a confidence though that he will at least be able to give us 18 minutes total of good play over the next two games thanks to some home cooking and that will put us in the driver's seat to closeout back in Chicago.

Honestly I think the biggest problem with Josh was ever playing him at small forward this year. It pretty much gave him the green light on long jumpers and loafing at the perimeter. I know that doesn't address his lack of effort for like 60% of the game, but it would stop his momentum killing 3s.

If we had the Josh from last year I don't think many would complain.

• Moderators

Its just ridiculous to single out one player and say he's a total waste because he had a bad half. I like Smoove but I can admit when he's playing like crap. But was it Smoove killing us in the 4th quarter? No it was Joe and Jamal chucking, dribbling, turning the ball over. Where's the hate to spread around if we're hating on our favorite team because they played bad?

Yeah, Smoove made some bad decisions but if you look at the game and not just note everytime he makes a bad play you'll see Josh finished with the best +/- on the team. He shot 4-14. Yes that's terrible. That goes right along with Jamal's 2-10, Marvin's 2-9, Horford's 3-12. If Horford is so upset with Josh's shot selection then he should be a leader and get in his face rather than just being passive aggressive. Of course, its hard to come down on someone for bad shots when you're 3-12. Oh, and since i'm nuthugging, that was Josh's only 3 for the game until Horf passed him the ball with one on the clock in the 4th.

• Premium Member

This is what I say.

Smoove can be savaged. I think LD missed a great opportunity this season to utilize the best teaching tool in the world...

The Bench.

The Bench is the only thing that Smoove really understands. You can make Smoove conform even now. I think he's irrational and a creature of habit but we have had some success by replacing him wtih Zaza and I would give Powell a try too.

If we must trade Smoove, let's go after a C. That doesn't mean a whole lot but Smoove's value is not what it used to be. Maybe SacTown has a C they can part with. Maybe Smoove for Biedrins can go. However, let's give this every chance. Smoove is a moody player. However, he's never been broken before. If he is broken, I think he would be very valuable.

Yeah, Smoove made some bad decisions but if you look at the game and not just note everytime he makes a bad play you'll see Josh finished with the best +/- on the team. He shot 4-14. Yes that's terrible. That goes right along with Jamal's 2-10, Marvin's 2-9, Horford's 3-12. If Horford is so upset with Josh's shot selection then he should be a leader and get in his face rather than just being passive aggressive. Of course, its hard to come down on someone for bad shots when you're 3-12. Oh, and since i'm nuthugging, that was Josh's only 3 for the game until Horf passed him the ball with one on the clock in the 4th.

Horford is missing shots he has made all year

Smoove is missing shots he misses every game

Can u see the difference???

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Oh, and since i'm nuthugging, that was Josh's only 3 for the game until Horf passed him the ball with one on the clock in the 4th.

For all the people who use this defense for Smoove shooting 3s - why the HELL is he standing still on the perimeter instead of cutting to the basket as the clock winds down? It's not as if some supernatural force is possessing the painted area, forcing Smoove to fade to the perimeter on every damned possession.

This is what I say.

Smoove can be savaged.

Now there's a Freudian slip if ever I saw one.

Edited by niremetal

• Moderators

Horford is missing shots he has made all year

Smoove is missing shots he misses every game

Can u see the difference???

Hmm. Unfortunately Horford is missing these shots all playoffs. I'm not interested in bashing our guys but look at the playoffs and these two are shooting almost the exact same percentage. Smoove's good shooting early in the year has been shrugged off as an anamoly. I'm ready to see Horford's good shooting return. 39% from the field for your center OR PF just doesn't cut it.

• Premium Member

Its just ridiculous to single out one player and say he's a total waste because he had a bad half. I like Smoove but I can admit when he's playing like crap. But was it Smoove killing us in the 4th quarter? No it was Joe and Jamal chucking, dribbling, turning the ball over. Where's the hate to spread around if we're hating on our favorite team because they played bad?

You just lost me when you tried to put the blame on Joe. That's ridiculous. What would YOU do if you were the best player on a team and only one of 4 other players helped some?

JJ did what he had to do, so did Teague.

Smoove, Al, Chuckford and Marv lost us this game. Especially Smoove. Al and Marvin at least rebounded some. Chuckford is meant to chuck, he's hit or miss and we know that. Smoove is meant to... ah, never mind. :beathorse:

Well, after all, Maybe you're right. Josh just had a bad half. A bad half career.

Josh have dug his own grave with the fanbase. I believe the vast majority of us want him gone. :protest:

Edited by BrazilianHawk

• Moderators

You just lost me when you tried to put the blame on Joe. That's ridiculous. What would YOU do if you were the best player on a team and only one of 4 other players helped some?

JJ did what he had to do, so did Teague.

Smoove, Al, Chuckford and Marv lost us this game. Especially Smoove. Al and Marvin at least rebounded some. Chuckford is meant to chuck, he's hit or miss and we know that. Smoove is meant to... ah, never mind. :beathorse:

Well, after all, Maybe you're right. Josh just had a bad half. A bad half career.

Josh have dug his own grave with the fanbase. I believe the vast majority of us want him gone. :protest:

I'm not trying to put all the blame on anyone. All I'm saying is there was plenty to go around and continuing to blame only Josh is starting to look like an obsession for a lot of people. Bradley had a great run down of how we almost came back at the end. Notice who shows up and screws up our comeback. Now if Josh and Al had played better early we might have been leading so I'm fine with blaming them for that. All I'm saying is when the game was on the line our 'best' players flubbed bigtime. Hey it happens. I'm not going to come on here and say Joe is and idiot who doesn't get it because he turned the ball over 3 times when the game was on the line.

But wait: Down 11 after a tepid half, the Hawks were nonetheless close enough to make a surge. Joe Johnson scored nine points in the third quarter, and Josh Smith awoke from one of his walkabouts to block a Carlos Boozer layup and run the floor and score. Down 14 midway through the period, the Hawks cut it to seven on Smith’s stickback of a Jamal Crawford miss and Teague’s foul shots after a backcourt steal. With 12 minutes left, this game had been rendered winnable.

Derrick Rose’s drive pushed the lead back to nine. A Teague twister off a loose ball made it seven again. But Kyle Korver, the standstill shooter who missed his first five casts, made a 3-pointer at the shot-clock buzzer. Crawford lost the ball on a drive, and Johnson did the same. Rose found Boozer underneath. Now it was a 13-point margin, and the Hawks were in scramble mode.

They kept coming, though. Al Horford made a baseline jumper. Smith converted a three-point play underneath. Teague made a one-hander from the key. The deficit was six with 4:02 remaining, and the No. 1 seed had to be wondering, “Why aren’t these front-runners folding?”

Finally the comeback went splat. Johnson threw the ball out of bounds, then missed a jumper. Smith missed a trey — he had to shoot it; Johnson passed to him with the clock dying — and Luol Deng scored twice inside. The series was level.