• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With a new owner, new uniforms?

frosgrim

I may be in the minority, but I really liked the old red and gold color scheme. The red, white, and blue is completely overdone in US sports. My link to the red and gold goes back to my youth in the early to mid-80s.

I see this current scheme as similar to what the Pistons did when they went to that strange aqua-marine color scheme during the Grant Hill years.

I was wondering the same thing. I doubt anything changes this year though (if at all).

By the way, the Hawks colors right now are actually red, blue, and silver.

Perhaps they can make a minor change to red, blue, and gold (yellow).

Silver? really? Hmm, never would have thought that.

Yeah, I don't think anything can happen this year, but if we aren't going to have a season, why not create a new image for the team?

I can't remember the moritorium on color changes, but I think it is upwards of 5 years; however, given the ASG's screw ups and the lockout, maybe Stern would make an exception.

I was wondering the same thing. I doubt anything changes this year though (if at all).

By the way, the Hawks colors right now are actually red, blue, and silver.

Perhaps they can make a minor change to red, blue, and gold (yellow).

Don't forget that incredibly strange brown color on the floor of our arena. Perhaps it's not an official color but it's definitely a noticeable and IMO ugly color that is affiliated with us.

• Like 1

I for one DO NOT want to change our uniforms as I really like the ones that we have now as well as our logo. On top of that I'd be afraid that we'd end up with hideous again like we had in the past where nearly all of us wanted it changed.

• Moderators

I do like the current uni styles, but the silver-gray color with the red and blue has always been a bit too Dixie for my limited sense of taste. If they could work back in a yellowish gold in place of the gray and make it work like CSKA Moscow without being too gaudy I'd be all for it. The yellow can be subtle like the Braves' jerseys. Just no more mustard jerseys, we were a bad optical illusion for too long. I agree they could probably do something with the out-of-bounds portion of the floor as well.

• Premium Member

The current uniforms are cool, but I'd like to see an alternate white/red/gold retro Pac-Man jersey in there as well. They had those in white a few years back during the lottery days and I loved them. Did the Hawks even have a retro jersey this season?

• Like 1

I love the new Uni's but the whole Adidas Rev 30, let's have the players wear plastic bags as Uni's because the old one's were apparently hurting their verticals, designs killed both the neckline and makes the silver almost entirely unnoticeable because the numbers and lettering where it was once prominent can now only support enough detail for two shades of colors.

If they could work back in a yellowish gold in place of the gray and make it work like CSKA Moscow without being too gaudy I'd be all for it. The yellow can be subtle like the Braves' jerseys.

Yea, exactly. Just use the yellow as a highlight like the silver is right now. Would be a little more noticeable and look pretty good.

Also, it gives Meruelo the option of using this alternate logo:

pizzaLoca-logo.png

Good lord, it looks little bit too much like pac-man.

• Like 2

• Admin

I really like our current unis

http://www.sportslog...team.php?id=220

I like our current ones much better than any other. All of our other uniforms were always voted for the ugliest uniforms. I like the black ones though from the '94-'95 season. http://www.sportslog...06emuxyrgdf7eq8

The 95 - 99 deserved to be voted the ugliest...man they were bad

• Like 1

I remember a handfull of folks said they were tired of them looking like the McDonalds all- america team, so they were ok with the last change. If it takes a color change to turn the winning percentage around, it's fine with me. It doesn't matter if they went back to the old colors with the same uni's. Somewhere on the Chris Creamer forum they have an example of what it would look like.

I may be in the minority, but I really liked the old red and gold color scheme. The red, white, and blue is completely overdone in US sports. My link to the red and gold goes back to my youth in the early to mid-80s.

I see this current scheme as similar to what the Pistons did when they went to that strange aqua-marine color scheme during the Grant Hill years.

I've always preferred these uniforms:

96-Hawks.jpg