• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Source: Tracy McGrady, Hawks agree on a 1-year deal

GameTime

I love this move. I would bench Marvin and play TMAC at the 3.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea maybe light a spark under Marvin. I still think Tmac can play he is a smart player reminds me of a Mcdyess when he dealt with those injurys and he has a solid nba career playing for the pistons/spurs. I think he has alot to bring to this group love the move!

Thank goodness this deal went through. I didn't want to see the return of Craw. Well done to Sund on getting this deal done. Now get Jason Collins re-sign.

This might be the strangest thread I have read at Realgm in sometime. So many people are saying to paraphrase "This is a strange move by the Hawks." How the hell is it strange? They are signing him to be the 6th or 7th man off the bench.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1140904

Edited by Paladin

madsen.jpg

~lw3

This !

Solid move for the veteran minimum. Hawks should get excellent value on the dollar here.

His knee held up for 73 games last year so that was a good sign. He seems humbled and OK with a bench role. He is still a quality 6th man.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

At the vet minimum, it's low risk/potentially high reward. Worse comes to worst, he gets waived (and another team is almost sure to pick him up, so we won't even suffer a cap hit). It also makes our bargaining position vis a vis Crawford MUCH stronger.

Nice move.

I'm excited to see some of this during the season!! It wasn't the move everyone wanted but, its the best move to make with our current situation. I'm truly disappointed that Jamal chased the money instead of showing us that he's committed to bringing a championship to a city that gave him a chance. Especially, after his tough ending years with the Bulls and Warriors.

Now, let's get a sign and trade done so we can focus on the start of the upcoming season. I wish Vince would join his cousin in Atlanta. That would have the entire league in an uproar. I wonder what type of contract he's looking for right now??

I would love to see us make a run at Wilson Chandler before the playoffs. That would be a nice rotation to head into the post season. I definitely could see us winning the Eastern Conference with that addition.

Don't mind the signing (if true) for what we will pay. Wasn't too bad in Detroit last year and that was coming off knee surgery. Just thought of something, although not a huge Jamal fan, the Hawks can still resign him even though they get T-Mac

I'm excited to see some of this during the season!! It wasn't the move everyone wanted but, its the best move to make with our current situation. I'm truly disappointed that Jamal chased the money instead of showing us that he's committed to bringing a championship to a city that gave him a chance. Especially, after his tough ending years with the Bulls and Warriors.

Now, let's get a sign and trade done so we can focus on the start of the upcoming season. I wish Vince would join his cousin in Atlanta. That would have the entire league in an uproar. I wonder what type of contract he's looking for right now??

I would love to see us make a run at Wilson Chandler before the playoffs. That would be a nice rotation to head into the post season. I definitely could see us winning the Eastern Conference with that addition.

Come on now. We're talking TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars here. Of course Jamal was going to chase the money, if the Hawks aren't willing to go into the Luxury Tax to retain him. Jamal is going to get at least a multi-year 30 million contract this year. We were probably going to give him a deal for a few years less than 4 million ( and that's if the Hawks were going to go into the tax. )

It wasn't that we were the ones to give him a chance. We traded for Jamal because we were desperate to obtain another scorer. Jamal could always ball. He was just schizophrenic as hell, that's all.

As for adding Vince, that might be overkill right there, but I wouldn't be against it either. That would be adding another veteran guy who may not be as athletic as they once was, but still has enough of an array of skills to help a veteran squad out. Phoenix still has to make a decision to exercise the option on Vince's last year of his deal ( which is 18 million ).

When they do though, it will be interesting as to who picks him up and how much money he'll get. I doubt Vince plays for the vet minimum, unless he goes to the Heat, Lakers, or Mavericks.

Wilson Chandler went to China, and is locked up there until March.

Edited by northcyde