Game Thread: Up next...San Antonio

One win in the books in this 5 game stretch.

Spurs:

PG - Tony Parker - has 30 assist in last two games, 17 tonight - Teague has got to keep him under control.

SG - Gary Neal - Joe should be able to have his way with him, but will prolly be guarded by Jefferson

SF - Richard Jefferson

PF - Tim Duncan - I think Zaza guards him

C - DeJuan Blair - If Josh uses his quickness, and plays inside he sould be OK

This team has always given us a quality game. Last year we got blown out of the arena v. them but that happened v. other teams as well. I like this match-up for us but we need to give effort.

• Premium Member

This is a very hard game. Tony Parker is still Tony Parker. Teague is getting that OJT. I think we will see better coaching from Popp on us which will make this a hard game. I supposed Tony Parker will feed the big fundamental all night.

I think we can and will win this game. I see LD taking the same approach he took against ORL in last year's playoffs. You play Dwight str8 up (in this case Duncan) and tt your best to shut down everyone else. I don't see us letting Bonner and company shoot open 3s off the double all night. I think ATL wins this one as long as Joe brings his A-game.

I remember 2 years ago when Pop exposed Woody and Sund and started Parker with George Hill and just had them run past our slow *ss guards in Joe and Bibby over and over and over and over again. There was like no answer, rebound, outlet to guard, basket. Didn't matter if after a shot Joe and Bibby sprinted down the court they were still getting beat badly. Would have loved to see that matchup again but this time with Teague but alas, no such luck. Ginobili being out is big though, that guy frustrates to no end with the amount and type of baskets he makes, we actually matchup pretty well with him being on the pine and could steal one in the Alamo city.

Captain Kirk is set to practice either today or tomorrow and will try and give it a go against the Spurs. Can't wait to see him back in the lineup. I don't have the link but I saw Michael Cunningham tweet on ajc.com yesterday.

Big relief not having to deal with Manu. I still have nightmares about that game a few years ago when I swear he was channeling Jordan with 24 or 25 straight points in about 8 minutes in the first half and the game was over. Our depth should be the difference tonight, especially if Captain gives it a go and can stroke a couple three balls.

Edited by benhillboy

Kirk is dressing tonight. I wonder who will be released...probably Sloan (he will never play and i like Stackhouse's leadership in the lockerroom and bench)

Thank God! Last thing we need is to have one of our players show up naked to a game.

Yep I believe that Sloan is a goner.

Not looking foward to this game.

The hawks have not won in San Antonio in 15 years, and the spurs are 9-1

at home this year.

Nique was playing for the spurs that last time the hawks won there.

Wow really?? I knew that it had been a while but I didn't realize it's been that long. I guess we're due for a big win there so we might as well get it tonight!

• Moderators

Messed-up Yahoo!Sports Team Report du Jour. Anybody missing?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/sas/report

Rotation:

Starters:

• Point guard Tony Parker

• Shooting guard Kawhi Leonard

• Small forward Richard Jefferson

• Power forward Matt Bonner

• Center DeJuan Blair

Bench:

• Guard Danny Green

• Guard Gary Neal

• Center Tiago Splitter

• Guard James Anderson

~lw3

Let's do it again! On February 15, 1997 The Atlanta Hawks won here. After 13 losses

in a row, would it be possible to win one here?

Tony Parker and Tim Duncan say "No way!"

This is our one and only game VS this team. It's win tonight or forget it until next season.

GO HAWKS!!

Edited by Gray Mule

Coach Pop is holding TD back and will have him sit out plenty of games this year........I hope tonight is one of them. Even if Duncan does play he will only play around 25 minutes.

All I have to say is run, run, run. Bonner and Blair can't get up and down the floor. I'm looking foward to seeing Splitter play. I hear he is developing well under Duncan. I also look foward to "Ivan the Terrible" and Blair locking horns.