• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Saint Elsewhere

• Moderators
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/56131/saints-upgrade-with-curtis-lofton-at-mlb

The New Orleans Saints have taken some major hits the past few days with the penalties for their bounty program, and they are facing a very tight salary-cap situation. The team announced very late Saturday night it has signed Atlanta free-agent linebacker Curtis Lofton to a five-year deal. This is a major victory for the Saints because Atlanta was interested in bringing Lofton back and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were also in the mix to some degree. The terms of Lofton’s contract are not immediately known, but it’s safe to say he got a good bit less than the $42 million for the same term given to Cleveland’s D'Qwell Jackson. Lofton tested free agency and appeared, at first, to want something close to what Jackson got, but didn’t seem to get any offers in that price range. Lofton has been Atlanta’s middle linebacker the past four seasons and the Falcons apparently had some interest in keeping him. But new defensive coordinator Mike Nolan has hinted he doesn’t view Lofton as an every-down player due to limitations in pass coverage.

~lw3

I REALLY hope nolan knows what he's doing. And who's out there for us to replace him with?

We picked up Lofa Tatupu who was pratically the same player as Lofton before injuries.

Cool...I hadn't seen that and being a usc fan like I am makes that signing even better for me