• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will the Hawks sell the 23rd pick in the draft

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

There is a little talk out there that the Hawks might trade or sell their first round pick for future considerations.....................to try to keep the payroll down.No, there are no links to this.

We already sold one of our second round draft picks to Golden State for cash ( late second round this year) I wouldnt be surprised if this ownership did anything like this...I bet they are crunching numbers right now just to pay the electric bill

I am literally done with this franchise if they do. Done. This draft is much too deep to do some stupid shit.

• Premium Member

Wouldn't our first rounder be cheaper than signing a free agent? We still have to fill the roster. Can we sell an owner?

Exactly. We're talking about 1 Million Dollars (Dr. Evil).

• Premium Member

There is a little talk out there that the Hawks might trade or sell their first round pick for future considerations.....................to try to keep the payroll down.No, there are no links to this.

I presume you have other sources. If that move were part of something bigger, it might make sense. If not, utterly ridiculous. Edited by Jody23

future considerations means money. That's a shitty deal.

If anything they need to trade Josh and get a high lottery pick. I swear I hate this franchise. This ain't even a real rumor yet, that's what so bad about it.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

If this organization is too scared to trust it's judgement on the 23rd pick in what is considered by most to be one of the deeper drafts in recent memory, then there truly is no hope. If they're moving Marvin as I suspect they will, there has to be someone available at 23 who could step in and at least put up Marvin type numbers as a rookie.

Marvin is not even close to a liability on the court. If this is more than just a rumor, it's truly official. ASG is the worst ownership group in sports history. They have killed not one but two franchises. Those clowns. Gearon was talking about Basketball is his thing. Wow. Speechless.

• Premium Member

Would it actually surprise anyone? I can see it now. We either trade down for second round picks and cash or just sell it for cash because of the worst sports ownership God has ever cursed a city with.

• Premium Member

Everybody says this team is not cheap because of the salary ranking. Gearon is a poor excuse for a owner making basketball decisions. The Hawks do not run the franchise like a regular team that has a front office. The do not have a scouting department. They have there money tied up in a few players and dont understand NONE of these players are number 1 options. So you have a roster of players that are a pretty dang good team BUT dont have the talent to compete for a championship and cant acquire the pieces to go with their core. The Lakers will not stand by after this debacle they went through in the playoffs, they want to play for championships, changes will be made and people held accountable, the Hawks are the polar opposite.Dont be surprised by what this franchise does, their unconvential thougnt process is so out of the box its funny.

• Like 2

• Moderators

They had better not do it. Talk about penny-wise and pound foolish. There is no better deal in the NBA than players on rookie contracts. I will be extremely upset if this happens, but I am hoping this is just rumors based on the fact that our owners have a reputation for being cheap and not them being total morons and tools.