• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MORE REASON TO STAY PAT!

LastDon

The team that we should've beat is one game away from the finals..The core should remain in tact..Most of the guys are relatively young and games will continue to grow..In my opinion the hawks need a change in philosophy.. IMO the Hawks made a huge mistake by not grabbing Jerry Sloan..Joe Josh and Al are all good pieces who should realize that neither of them are able to carry a team..If they would stop having so much pride and put the ball in Teague's hands and let him run the show like Rondo we would we have similar sucess to Boston..Sloan's pick and roll offense would have been what we need to get over the top..With the changes in rules the league has become more point guard driven and teams like San Antonio,Boston, OKC have bout into it and Sloan would have had the pedigree to stop josh and Al. From tryin to push the break and turning the ball over carelessly..LARRY DREW SHOULD DO THE SAME AND WE CAN TAKE THE NEXT STEP!

lol, Teague has nothing on Rondo in terms of PG ability in fact Rondo is one of the best in the game and maybe in the history of the game and Teague has no PG skill at all. Now, if this was about slashing, Jeff and Rondo are close.

The team that we should've beat is one game away from the finals..The core should remain in tact..Most of the guys are relatively young and games will continue to grow..In my opinion the hawks need a change in philosophy.. IMO the Hawks made a huge mistake by not grabbing Jerry Sloan..Joe Josh and Al are all good pieces who should realize that neither of them are able to carry a team..If they would stop having so much pride and put the ball in Teague's hands and let him run the show like Rondo we would we have similar sucess to Boston..Sloan's pick and roll offense would have been what we need to get over the top..With the changes in rules the league has become more point guard driven and teams like San Antonio,Boston, OKC have bout into it and Sloan would have had the pedigree to stop josh and Al. From tryin to push the break and turning the ball over carelessly..LARRY DREW SHOULD DO THE SAME AND WE CAN TAKE THE NEXT STEP!

This would have sounded reasonable in 2008.Really, Miami has underachieved. They shouldn't have lost to Dallas last year, and they shouldn't lose to Boston. Don't forget that Boston was also really close to losing to Philly. The deal is... Boston isn't all that great now. This finals run takes me back to the days when New Jersey was going through the east. Not very impressive. This team has no depth, starting PG and not legit starting center. On top of that, this team has an aging SG who is clearly past his prime and he eats up so much cap space. If we could ditch Marvin and get one more decent starter and a decent coach, I wouldn't mind taking one more shot. But it's not going to happen.
  • Like 1

Yeah, we stay put and we get embassed again in the first round, then what you say.Right now, this team need changes and badly, TheLastDon, I understand that we might have a chance but Boston got better star, better role players and better coach then we do at this moment.

• Moderators

The team that we should've beat is one game away from the finals..The core should remain in tact.

Giving the same excuse as the Falcons, huh? Just because the team that beat us is one step away from the Finals, doesn't mean we are any good... And what don't you get about Josh is not going to stay after next season and we will be left in the cold if we do not trade him now? Smoove will not resign with us. He does not want to be in Atlanta with this cheap ownership group and our fickled fanbase. Josh will join up with Dwight and head north to Brooklyn. We have to trade him now to make it where we are not a lottery team in 2014.

• Moderators

Josh will join up with Dwight and head north to Brooklyn.

Brooklyn just inexplicably dealt their #6 pick to Portland for a few months of Wallace when they could have used it to get Josh this offseason. Drummand is the guy I have seen there in most mocks. That kind of mismanagement (after Outlaw, etc.) would have me crossing Brooklyn off my list if I was Dwight.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Problem is that the Hawks caught the Celtics at their weakest without Ray at first then coming back rusty and even a game without Rondo.

And that Boston isn't that good this season. Odds are they would not have made it out of the first round of the playoffs in the West (#3 and 4 seeds were the Grizzlies and Lakers - they would have been the #6 seed in the West).

With slight modifications this team can take the next step..OKC is a perfect example of how a small Market team can build through the draft and be elite..Josh Al and Teague are all guys who game can improve and make the team better..On another note u people sound like idiots with all this talk that we don't have a point guard..Jeff Teague is one of the best young point guards in the game..Defensively he is one of the top 3 on ball defenders at the point in the entire NBA ..with an improved midrange game and improvement with his left hand finishes Teague alone can take us to the next level..If the Hawks ran 30 or 40 pick and rolls a game for teague like how rondo westbrook parker receive..Teague would easily average 20ppg and 8apg..Again what the hawks need most is for guys like smith joe and Al to realize that they don't have the the ability to b go to players..Joe should play off Teague like how he did off nash and Josh and Al should always give the ball to the point guard and run and fill the lanes hard..That alone would put us over the hump..However Larry Drew doesn't have the balls to make this team play with discipline and should have been fired immediately after blowin the Boston series..Take the reigns off Teague in a point guard driven league and the hawks will rise..THE FREE JEFF TEAGUE MOVEMENT CONTINUES...

Teague is not a PG son, he's a combo guard. Expecting more from him on that front is crazy, he will get better from an efficiency standpoint but as a PG, he is not.Al can't play his game with Jeff or Josh.Josh isn't efficient with Al or Jeff.Jeff is Jeff, he would be better off the bench.Teague's usage rate was just as high as Steve Nash.

I have so much respect for KG Pierce and Allen for realizing that there games benifit most from allowing the point guard to be the point guard..Josh is my boy but I'm sick of him throwing passes away on fast breaks trying to be Magic Johnson...Same thing goes for Al Horford..I don't see KG I don't see Tim Duncan, Bosh, Griffin and all the other 4s in the league doing this..these guys are still able to be productive doing the right things at there position.. A more discipline Hawk team would be a better one..the careless mistakes killed us this season more so than the isolations from joe..we jus need to add some more players that can create there own shot..maybe we get lucky and address it during the draft..Wroten looks pretty crafty and might be a steal..

We don't have a PG to be a PG. Stop thinking Atlanta is preventing Jeff when Jeff sucks at running the offense, forgetting plays, is constantly not putting the ball in positions for the players to succeed and what not. He is just not a PG. He was never a PG. He was a combo guard with a good amount of talent. We seen this story before with JT who was more of an offensive threat but worse on defense than Jeff.