• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2012 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

But will they have enough veterans who've been there, done that, and been hardened by the fires of postseason play to get them over the hump and learn to play like veterans? They've both been the stars of their awful teams and I think you're going to need some really strong veterans to really make them by any better than the current Sacramento team with Cousins and someone similar to Wall.

That is the Championship question. From a fantasy stand point I could just grab two top 50ish players with my 44th and 53rd; but I am not taking that approach. I definetely have real NBA holes to fill at three spots and veteran leadership will be a serious consideration for me. Edited by Buzzard

I wanted to go so many directions, but then I just said keep it simple stupid..........so with my next pick The Southern Bred select.......Kobe Bryanta little long in the tooth, but this guy is still a first team all nba superstar......I will PM AHF.

Sultan, did you PM AHF? Because I believe he only has about 3 hrs left to make his pick.

The AHF U-Niques are thrilled to find a 23 year old, two-time 2nd team All-NBA point guard fall into our laps and select:

Russell Westbrook

Westbrook has already proven himself to be a dominant performer in his first few years in the NBA, moving from a raw rookie to an All-NBA PG collecting MVP votes in four short years. Paired with Howard, this gives the U-Niques both the most dominant pair of athletes at the point guard and center positions as well as the pair with the most production.

At 23 years old, Westbrook will have more growth in his game and for this era of elite threats at the PG position, Westbrook will be an impact player at both ends of the court.

Westbrook was taken with the 10th pick in the draft AHF. I hope you'll have time to come back and pick someone else, but if not, does anyone know how the rules will work here? Does your time still expire when it was originally scheduled to?
  • Like 3

• Moderators

I vote that "Ashley's Hoosier Fan" gets until his expired time, then Cap can make his pick. As a placeholder for AHF's Russell Westbrook pick, I vote we put in "Cazzie Russell."

OT: In the meantime, here's a little "Only in Atlanta" draft goof diversion, WNBA-style:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/news/20120416/wnba-dream-ineligible-draft-pick/

4/16/2012

BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) -- The Atlanta Dream selected an ineligible player in the third round of the WNBA draft Monday when they chose Isabelle Yacoubou.

The 6-foot-4 French national player wasn't eligible to be drafted because she's too old. League rules stipulate that international players can only be drafted in the year in which they turn 20. Yacoubou turns 26 on Saturday.

~lw3

• Moderators

Westbrook was taken with the 10th pick in the draft AHF. I hope you'll have time to come back and pick someone else, but if not, does anyone know how the rules will work here? Does your time still expire when it was originally scheduled to?

I believe AHF has until his 8 hours is up to make an eligible pick otherwise he gets skipped and Cap will get to select... Has AHF been PM'd about this issue?

• Moderators

I believe AHF has until his 8 hours is up to make an eligible pick otherwise he gets skipped and Cap will get to select... Has AHF been PM'd about this issue?

I did just in case, but I'm guessing he's got about 5 of those already in the past half hour.~lw3

I vote that "Ashley's Hoosier Fan" gets until his expired time, then Cap can make his pick. As a placeholder for AHF's Russell Westbrook pick, I vote we put in "Cazzie Russell."

OT: In the meantime, here's a little "Only in Atlanta" draft goof diversion, WNBA-style:

http://sportsillustr...ble-draft-pick/

~lw3

That's pretty awesome! That's worse than the Raiders and/or Vikings (can't remember which) losing spots in the NFL draft because they weren't ready to make their pick.

In the spirit of that pick, I say that we assign Wynonna Judd to AHF, as she's a wide body who could fill out the paint quite nicely. Dwight Howard and Wynonna Judd is a nice combo to start your franchise off with!
  • Like 1

I did just in case, but I'm guessing he's got about 5 of those already in the past half hour.~lw3

It is getting confusing trying to keep up with the selections. I did not even know which round we were in and was only absent one night lmao!

It is getting confusing trying to keep up with the selections. I did not even know which round we were in and was only absent one night lmao!

That's why I've been (and a few others have) trying to copy the draft order and paste it after their selection.
  • Like 1

I say that we assign Wynonna Judd to AHF, as she's a wide body who could fill out the paint quite nicely. Dwight Howard and Wynonna Judd is a nice combo to start your franchise off with!

She is wide for an actress but pretty damn sweet from my normal perspective!

• Moderators

Yep I've PM'd him a couple of times about it. I believe that his cutoff is 5:30 EST today, is that right?

Well, sultan selected Kobe at 7:32 AM and it's an 8 hour clock, so he has until 3:32 PM to make an eligible pick. The draft clock is dead from 10 PM until 7 AM. At least I believe this is right...

Well, sultan selected Kobe at 7:32 AM and it's an 8 hour clock, so he has until 3:32 PM to make an eligible pick. The draft clock is dead from 10 PM until 7 AM. At least I believe this is right...

That would be 7:32 mountain time though, I think. The pick shows as 8:32 on my end and I'm in the central time zone, so that should be 9:32 in the east.

And I and others appreciate the hell out of it!

And feel free to carry on the torch after your pick as well good sir ;)

That's pretty awesome! That's worse than the Raiders and/or Vikings (can't remember which) losing spots in the NFL draft because they weren't ready to make their pick.

In the spirit of that pick, I say that we assign Wynonna Judd to AHF, as she's a wide body who could fill out the paint quite nicely. Dwight Howard and Wynonna Judd is a nice combo to start your franchise off with!

I cosign this.

The fact that he is David Stern / The League Commissioner started the draft back and created the rules for 2012 adds a whole nother level of irony.

I kid. I kid.

• Like 1