• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Opinion: Horford to the Bobcats for the #2 pick

Admin

Horford: Howard or Lebron. Just not interested otherwise.

Wouldn't make sense. Just to cut salary.. We could possibly get Beal or Drummond however that would not be worth it.Al has been one of the most productive Centers the past few years. It would require multi picks to get him. We don't know what Beal or Drummond will do. 1 unproven player does not work for 1 All Star. Hawks would need something else to pull the string.

I don't think it's real.It's not the way to rebuild. We could rebuild through Horf.

No we can't. Horford can't create his own shot, doesn't block shots, and disappears during games like Teague.None of the players we have we can rebuild "through". They are complementary players at best. Horford would work best playing a Horace Grant role for a championship team.

• Premium Member

The actual video of that interview that MC is quoting is posted on the Hawks site... and he actually says "probably" in a context of "we're a player in many of the trade discussions going on"... so, my take, MC decided to focus on that part of the quote in large part to keep some control over the number of tweets he receives today.

Per MC on twitter, he cites Ferry as saying the Hawks will probably pick at 23 tonight. So, this rumor doesn't seem to have any substance.

Would not even trade Horford for Davis. People will not like Ferry after tonight he is taking Evan Fourier from France. Over half of the Spurs picks in the last decade have been foreigners. Atlanta is not San Antonio and will not take well to the softies he will find out soon enough.

I'm not worried about this rumor or whatever you call it. The trade wouldn't help the team now or in the future. The truth is Horford is better than any player you can get at #2. He has already been through the NBA growing pains, young, on a reasonable contract, an all star, a big, and good in the locker room. This is the kind of player you want to have unless you can use him to get a superstar. The trade really has no upside for us.

Hell no I wouldn't trade Horford for #2! I would only trade Smoove cause he probably will walk. Horford is an all-star that hasn't gone into his prime yet. There is no guarantee that whoever we draft at 2 would be an all-star ever. There are a bunch of good players in this draft, but only 1 top tier.

I would take T.Rob and hope Ferry can convince Smoove to stay. I highly doubt any of this will happen since Ferry like Sund will most likely want time to evaluate the whole scene from within before he does anything big like that. Horford for Robinson is a trade I would make and we keep 23. Maybe the Bobbies throw in a future pick as well but Ferry I feel will move Turtle slow, Sund slow.

Hell no I wouldn't trade Horford for #2! I would only trade Smoove cause he probably will walk. Horford is an all-star that hasn't gone into his prime yet. There is no guarantee that whoever we draft at 2 would be an all-star ever. There are a bunch of good players in this draft, but only 1 top tier.

That 1 top tier guy is a project at pick 1. I really am not knocking him because his upside could be legendary but he is still somewhat of a project for a player being drafted 1st overall.

This is BS. People can drum up the dumbest stuff. Now Horford for #1 would be a different tune but there is not a lot left after #1 in regards to a Horford swap

I guess nobody watched Kansas this year.