• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official confirmation - Hawks are talking with Orlando for Dwight

thecampster

Just to throw in a bit of cold water, you can't amnesty Turk's contract unless you are Orlando. You can only amnesty guys who were under contract with you when the last CBA was signed. You can't use it on players traded to you.I should have just said: "this."

The good thing about Hedo contract is he has a 6 million dollar buyout next year.

I think we're on the same page here. I know they wouldn't be able to sign him as a free agent if they acquire Joe. But, they would be able to re-sign him if he is traded there before his current deal expires which I think will happen now that he's made it known he won't sign with anyone else.

He made that known since last season but like I said, the Nets assets haven't improved since so Orlando hasn't budged. Going after Joe means that they are effectively moving away from Dwight almost entirely because their offer to Orlando will decrease and they won't have the extra incentive of being able to eat Hedo's contract also but like I said, if Orlando wants to cave and later on trade him alone for a resigned Humphries and Lopez then fine.

Right now I'm hoping that Orlando stays stubborn. If Deron decides to sign back with the Nets and we trade them Joe then Dwight's 2013 options will have decreased actually making Atlanta a viable destination seeing as he'd been run out of Orlando and Brooklyn would be capped out leaving us as one of the few teams with ample cap space. It's chess not checkers!

He made that known since last season but like I said, the Nets assets haven't improved since so Orlando hasn't budged. Going after Joe means that they are effectively moving away from Dwight almost entirely because their offer to Orlando will decrease and they won't have the extra incentive of being able to eat Hedo's contract also but like I said, if Orlando wants to cave and later on trade him alone for a resigned Humphries and Lopez then fine.

Right now I'm hoping that Orlando stays stubborn. If Deron decides to sign back with the Nets and we trade them Joe then Dwight's 2013 options will have decreased actually making Atlanta a viable destination seeing as he'd been run out of Orlando and Brooklyn would be capped out leaving us as one of the few teams with ample cap space. It's chess not checkers!

Yep if we could find a way to unload Marvin for an expiring then we'd only have about $16 million, assuming we pick up Teagues option, committed for 2014. That's enough to get Dwight at a max deal, plus sign another max FA and then get Josh to re-sign and fill the rest of the team up with whatever we have left over. That also allows us to trade Horford for some real value to help fill the roster.

• Premium Member

We aren't getting Howard. The guy keeps making it very well known the only team he'll resign with are the Nets. Hence just like with Carmelo the Magic have zero leverage and the Nets know it. That is why they are going to get Joe for peanuts because they know we want his contract off the books and Deron wants Joe. You get Joe and trade for Howard and you resign Deron and suddenly you have the most balanced big 3 in basketball.

I have heard that the Magic GM is refusing to trade Dwight to the Nets. The owners are pissed at the clown show and are fed up with Dwight and they are in no way gonna be accomodating to him. They are trying to trade him to anybody except the Nets, and are looking for the best package from other teams. Its not like the Nets package is a good one.

• Premium Member

I gotcha. I just think with how ugly the situation has become in Orlando, the Magic, sooner or later, will accept a deal with Brooklyn either directly or via three way just to put an end to the Dwightmare.

If I was Orlando. I would hold on to dwight. I would never let a player run my organization and make us look silly. I would hold him until the end of the season and let him walk..lol. Hoping that Brooklyn makes the deal for Joe. just so Dwight cant go there..lol. BUt thats just me. You want try to strong arm my organization im going to get the last laugh.

• Premium Member

I have heard that the Magic GM is refusing to trade Dwight to the Nets. The owners are pissed at the clown show and are fed up with Dwight and they are in no way gonna be accomodating to him. They are trying to trade him to anybody except the Nets, and are looking for the best package from other teams. Its not like the Nets package is a good one.

But what team would give up assets to get him for just a one year rental? Other than the Warriors...

But what team would give up assets to get him for just a one year rental? Other than the Warriors...

What do the Warriors really have to offer?

I've been wondering about this for a while too. Maybe because I am too stubborn, but if somebody tries to strong arm me the way Dwight is, there is no way I am going to just let them have their way. Honestly, if any bottom dweller team had a good package, that's where I send him. Granted it would only be for a year, but just on principle. Then again, I probably would make a terrible nba gm.Dwight has made a joke of that franchise and put them through hell, I really don't want to see them just give in. It sets a bad example for superstars to just give him whatever he wants after this mess.

I've been wondering about this for a while too. Maybe because I am too stubborn, but if somebody tries to strong arm me the way Dwight is, there is no way I am going to just let them have their way. Honestly, if any bottom dweller team had a good package, that's where I send him. Granted it would only be for a year, but just on principle. Then again, I probably would make a terrible nba gm.Dwight has made a joke of that franchise and put them through hell, I really don't want to see them just give in. It sets a bad example for superstars to just give him whatever he wants after this mess.

it's lose-lose. everyone personally would feel that way, but then if they were to go through it and do it that way, then they are ridiculed by fans and media for not getting something back for the disgruntled player.mike brown with the cincinnati bengals wouldn't trade off players who would demand it, and would let them sit out. he got ridiculed publicly, but word was behind closed doors the other owners were quietly cheering for him.

I haven't heard nothing stating that orlando wouldn't trade with brooklyn. I personally don't see them wanting the deal for dwight that they offer.

For pure entertainment's sake, I'd love to see the Magic not trade Dwight and then bench him for the entire season. What a spoiled, entitled brat!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Dwight was a moron to extend his agreement last year. If he had just told the Magic he planned to look elsewhere this offseason and manned up then he would already be free. I'm not sure why in the world he would want the Nets and only the Nets but good for them.

To those making the (I'll admit, logical) argument that Dwight has only said he'll sign with Brooklyn, I have to respectfully raise one counterargument: You're basing this on the premise that Dwight Howard isn't likely to change his mind from day to day. I believe we've all seen proof of the contrary.Put him and Josh on a team together. Suddenly they're hometown heroes and kings of ATL. I'm not saying for sure that this would make them both decide to re-sign with Atlanta, but I think you have to admit there's a chance, especially if Ferry is as serious as he seems about making moves to change this team.Besides, it's worth a shot. What's the alternative? Stay put?

For pure entertainment's sake, I'd love to see the Magic not trade Dwight and then bench him for the entire season. What a spoiled, entitled brat!

That would be awesome. He's a heck of a player, but my opinion is that he pretty much sucks as a person. He puts on this facade of being such a 'Christian', but then you see all the crap he put Otis Smith and Van Gundy through, and he's just completely two-faced about it. He's the type of person who will smile in your face as his arm sneaks around you to slide the knife into your back.