• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Doubt Horford and Josh can coexist now that Joe is gone

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Now there is a huge void left as far as leadership. I'll preface that buy saying Joe was the leader by default. The other guys assumed he was the leader only because he was the highest paid. This past season exposed Josh as the best, and most vocal, player on the team, but can he assume the role with Al around?

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I am sure it will work in the regular season. Looking at the personnel. We would be dumb not to build through the post.

Horf and Smoove with lightning bug guards Jeff and Devin? If this team is not at least within the top 15 of the league in pace by December either LD will be fired or Josh really does hate handing the ball to the PG.

Even though Harris isn't much at the PnR, he can control tempo, that should change our pace a lot.

Let's see what Harris can do for team chemistry. Horford has the ability to be a leader, but Josh has to be willing to be a follower. This is the crux of the problem. Josh wants to be everything for the team, but until he places the team first, he will continue to hurt the team with his decision making.Bringing Harris might change the equation. He's a vet that has played in some really good systems and with really good players. I don't know what his leadership skills are, but he could provide the needed voice to get Josh and Horford playing together. The removal of JJ could also really help as it is obvious now that Josh and Joe didn't really get along.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Now there is a huge void left as far as leadership. I'll preface that buy saying Joe was the leader by default. The other guys assumed he was the leader only because he was the highest paid. This past season exposed Josh as the best, and most vocal, player on the team, but can he assume the role with Al around?

Josh is not a leader. That's the biggest Joke ever. Leadership is definitely what you do and not just what you say. Josh is the most vocal but nobody is following Josh's lead... because Josh's lead is that we have to not do what the coach says... How can you with a straight face say that the guy who is most rebellious is the leader. Josh is merely the loudest Hawk. He is also the most impactful. But he is not a leader unless we want to go to a ditch.
  • Like 2

I keep hearing how Horford was such a leader??? I remember him throwing the team under the bus when things were not going well and in his mind, he did do no wrong. That's not leadership to me, its a team win and a team loss. Josh has a long way to go to be a true leader of the team, especially his mistrust of Teague. The coach need to take more ownership of the team and define the roles of the players of the team. I am not sure if LD is good at that. Joe never displayed leadership on the court. He played well offensively and defended, but I never saw him directing other players, offering advice or taking someone under his wings. I always wanted Devin Harris instead of Joe anyways. I think Devin will surprise Atlanta with his play this year.

Josh is not a leader. That's the biggest Joke ever. Leadership is definitely what you do and not just what you say. Josh is the most vocal but nobody is following Josh's lead... because Josh's lead is that we have to not do what the coach says... How can you with a straight face say that the guy who is most rebellious is the leader. Josh is merely the loudest Hawk. He is also the most impactful. But he is not a leader unless we want to go to a ditch.

Coach made him a captain.

I keep hearing how Horford was such a leader??? I remember him throwing the team under the bus when things were not going well and in his mind, he did do no wrong. That's not leadership to me, its a team win and a team loss. Josh has a long way to go to be a true leader of the team, especially his mistrust of Teague. The coach need to take more ownership of the team and define the roles of the players of the team. I am not sure if LD is good at that. Joe never displayed leadership on the court. He played well offensively and defended, but I never saw him directing other players, offering advice or taking someone under his wings. I always wanted Devin Harris instead of Joe anyways. I think Devin will surprise Atlanta with his play this year.

Depends on how many games he plays. I predict 55.

• Premium Member

And I doubt Horford and D12 can coexist. Hawks are at a point where trading Horford is a must.

They should consider getting rid of Josh if he is unable to lure Howard. Long term... Is this really the guy you want being a go to guy? A guy that has been unable to score in the playoffs. A guy that has limited post game and a limited jumper? When push comes to shove players like Josh have no business taking key shots... Esp in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Only the size of Smith and Horford if they play as a PF & C combo concerns me SOMETIMES. Other than that they have good chemistry together. Leadership won't be an issue. Not worried about them offensively since we SHOULDN'T run a iso heavy offense with Joe out. What we NEED is a solid starting C.Sometimes you guys overthink things.

Edited by PureGreatness