• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MC: Josh Smith not impressed by what he is seeing right now

GameTime

I am sick of this. We are never too far but never that close. This is basically worse than a loser. A loser has no where to go but up. What about the ones in the middle. They are stuck.

Edited by Joker

His misgivings over the franchise weren't going to be alleviated over night but it is amusing to hear how close he was with Joe. Going by the convincing spin on this board you'd swear that all the guys were at each other's throats in the lockerroom and Josh was dancing on down Peachtree when he heard Joe was moved.

• Like 1

Be easy, Joker (Scout)But you have to remember sometimes, it doesnt pay to have a superstar on this team, because you have to deal with superstar problems as well (think Orlando situation, twice removed). It be nice to have a Dwight, CP3, or good superstar to coming to Phillps but its not going to happen until we change the enviroment and culture of this team and that is what Danny is doing right now. Its hard but to get to the mountaintop, you going have to deal with rockslides and rugged cliffs.

• Premium Member

What is this suppose to mean AHF. I didn't say s... to this guy and he said that. I stand by what I said.

So someone said you missed the point and the natural, common sense reaction is to threaten them with physical violence. Got it.

If we not going to get Dwight and not going to get Chris Paul then what will Ferry do to improve this team?

Nothing man. That's why I hated the Joe deal. I felt like this was an all for nothing ordeal. I hear some saying rebuild but how? The teams at the bottom are really really bad. We are actually good. Not very good anymore and we were never elite or a balanced team. We are basically now in Houston lane. They will say names like Al Jefferson but Al Jefferson is Al Jefferson. He is a good player who you need to build around and he can't win you nothing. That's one of the worse type of player to have. I really think he would only fit around Dwight Howard.

• Moderators

Half the teams in the league are one Dwight Howard away from a championship. That doesn't mean a whole lot if you have no chance of getting him. I agree with Ferry and this is his job. Players aren't good gms and they always think their buddies are great for the team. In reality, it remains to be seen how much we will miss Joe. Its not like Lebron leaving the Cavs. We are a pretty balanced attack.

If we not going to get Dwight and not going to get Chris Paul then what will Ferry do to improve this team?

Its a process. What you need to see is that now we have the flexablity to add free agents and what not. personally this team needs to get in the lottery for 2 years and start drafting good. I dont care about the playoffs if we are not going to win the whole thing or at least have a shot to win the whole thing

• Moderators

What is this suppose to mean AHF. I didn't say s... to this guy and he said that. I stand by what I said.

If you ever respond to someone saying you are off base with your argument by threatening them again I promise you will be taking a vacation from the Squawk. You have told a million people that they are missing the point or badly off base in the past. That is not something that is out of bounds. There is never going to be a justification for threats on the Squawk.

• Premium Member

I hope Josh isn't expecting the Hawks to commit to him. Never happen! Especially since we all know the dude is a max-deal type of talent.smh @ the internet-on-internet crime. I blame the heat. 100+ degree will damn near drive you insane; have you walking around mad for no reason.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

Be easy, Joker (Scout) But you have to remember sometimes, it doesnt pay to have a superstar on this team, because you have to deal with superstar problems as well (think Orlando situation, twice removed). It be nice to have a Dwight, CP3, or good superstar to coming to Phillps but its not going to happen until we change the enviroment and culture of this team and that is what Danny is doing right now. Its hard but to get to the mountaintop, you going have to deal with rockslides and rugged cliffs.

I never called you out previously, in fact I used to like you as a poster. Don't call me out my name. I never disrespected you before that. That's something I expect from a certain posters not you. I don't take kindly to disrespect especially when I never disrespected you. I really think you owe me an apology.

If you ever respond to someone saying you are off base with your argument by threatening them again I promise you will be taking a vacation from the Squawk. You have told a million people that they are missing the point or badly off base in the past. That is not something that is out of bounds. There is never going to be a justification for threats on the Squawk.

What about somebody who says Speedy Claxton was a better Hawk than Nique? I think that would justify a threat :)
  • Like 1

Neki, be quiet. This damn team has been one player away for over 5 years. Don't try to tell me otherwise either. We had the trade pieces, we could never get it done. No CP3, no Deron, no Dwight. Don't tell me they weren't available and we never called cause we did. Don't ever try to belittle either before I come to see you in Seattle and it won't be nice either.

To all, this type of behavior will not be tolerated and Joker has been banned because of it. We have a zero tolerance policy on threatening members so please let this be a lesson to you all.
  • Like 2

The Hawks are not rebuilding.....we have a solid guard(s) in Teague & Harris, we have an All Star PF/C in Horford, and we have an emotional SF/PF in Josh Smith...and promising rookie in Jenkins.Everyone wants to gravitate to wish upon a star for Dwight / and Paul b/c we want to win now..The Hawks are actually not that far away as many of you think..Sure it will take more star power to get past the Heat and the Nets....but if Danny can get a solid center that can run the floor ie (Robin Lopez), and then go after say Chris Paul in the Summer Time..then guess what. We have a team that can make it to the Eastern Conference Finals...

Nothing man. That's why I hated the Joe deal. I felt like this was an all for nothing ordeal. I hear some saying rebuild but how? The teams at the bottom are really really bad. We are actually good. Not very good anymore and we were never elite or a balanced team. We are basically now in Houston lane. They will say names like Al Jefferson but Al Jefferson is Al Jefferson. He is a good player who you need to build around and he can't win you nothing. That's one of the worse type of player to have. I really think he would only fit around Dwight Howard.

Listen Joker. Being good is not good in professional sports. You either going to win the title or not. We are not winning nothing no time soon with or without Joe. The Joe deal was perfect. It freed up alot of cap space and was just a bad contract overall. With joe we could not bring in any type of impact FA. Who says rebuild around Al Jefferson? You can rebuild around Al Horford tho. wouldnt be to hard
  • Like 1

• Moderators

To all, this type of behavior will not be tolerated and Joker has been banned because of it. We have a zero tolerance policy on threatening members so please let this be a lesson to you all.

There you go.

• Premium Member

The Hawks are not rebuilding.....we have a solid guard(s) in Teague & Harris, we have an All Star PF/C in Horford, and we have an emotional SF/PF in Josh Smith...and promising rookie in Jenkins. Everyone wants to gravitate to wish upon a star for Dwight / and Paul b/c we want to win now..The Hawks are actually not that far away as many of you think..Sure it will take more star power to get past the Heat and the Nets....but if Danny can get a solid center that can run the floor ie (Robin Lopez), and then go after say Chris Paul in the Summer Time..then guess what. We have a team that can make it to the Eastern Conference Finals...

Not rebuilding? How many players are under contract after next season? How many of those players are worth a darn? I think the Hawks are using this D12 thing as a smokescreen to stir up interest in the team. Ferry's plan is to tear this thing down and rebuild like the Spurs. We just have to be patient and let the man carry out his 6-year plan. Edited by NineOhTheRino

There you go.

Sorry I hadn't seen your response above and I was just coming across this thread after a meeting and was shocked at the post from Joker and combined with the other warnings and temporary suspension I've really had enough. Thanks for responding to him!