• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

****Dwight Howard Discussion Thread****

BusBoyIsBack

The reports say we have not offered al horford yetI think we want Dwight to say he will consider signing with us firstHis top 5 teammate list included morrow and Paul and deronNJ can't give him much now next summer but we can give him morrow and Paul and smith if he and Paul and smith want...so it seems like he would wanna come here now

• Premium Member

From what I understand the offers for Dwight are not that good. LA is not trading Bynum for Howard, you can mark that one off the chart. Houston would love to get in on a deal no matter what and they are willing to give whatever it takes to get Howard no extension. Noboby knows what the Hawks have offered, if anything. The Hawks are known to have spoke with Orlando but who knows what the discussion was. From what I hear, and this is hearsay, if the Hawks offered a deal of Horford, etc., the deal would have already been done.My gut feeling is DF would like to get D12, but he is not going to give up the farm with no commitment. He is not going to bring a player into the organization that is going to sulk and not want to be here. The ball is in Dwights court and he is not going to Brooklyn so he can forget about that. In addition I dont think Orlando was going to trade Dwight to Brooklyn period.The media in NY got all caught up in this like it was a done deal, because that is what the national sports media wanted. Brooklyn has a new arena and the NBA wants them to be competitive now because it is NYC and the Knicks cant get anything done right. The Carmelo deal was a bust for the Knicks.

Edited by Vol4ever

The reports say we have not offered al horford yet I think we want Dwight to say he will consider signing with us first His top 5 teammate list included morrow and Paul and deron NJ can't give him much now next summer but we can give him morrow and Paul and smith if he and Paul and smith want...so it seems like he would wanna come here now

I don't know if I would want a guy who basically pledges his allegiance to another team anyway....I don't care how good he is.

Rinse and repeat,Dwight Howard doesn't want to be hereHe told the Lakers, NO!!He told Houston, NO!!He told Atlanta, NO!!He's even said his second option is Dallas. Would you trade Teague, Horford, a wealth of draft picks, and take on bad contracts for that? Rinse and repeat,Dwight Howard DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE.He grew up here, he has kids in Atlanta but he wants NO PART OF US. If it were me, I'd BEG to move back to Atlanta, but he, for whatever reason, truly dislikes or Hates ATLANTA. Josh is his friend, and he still won't come. Morrow is his friend, and he's not coming. Chris Paul says he wants to come, Josh Smith says he loves Atlanta (and not the former management), Horford loves the ATL. GO AFTER THOSE GUYS. You know the ones who WANT TO BE IN ATLANTA.really???REALLY????Rinse and repeat,Dwight Howard doesn't want to be here. PERIOD.

• Like 1

From what I understand the offers for Dwight are not that good. LA is not trading Bynum for Howard, you can mark that one off the chart. Houston would love to get in on a deal no matter what and they are willing to give whatever it takes to get Howard no extension. Noboby knows what the Hawks have offered, if anything. The Hawks are known to have spoke with Orlando but who knows what the discussion was. From what I hear, and this is hearsay, if the Hawks offered a deal of Horford, etc., the deal would have already been done.

My gut feeling is DF would like to get D12, but he is not going to give up the farm with no commitment. He is not going to bring a player into the organization that is going to sulk and not want to be here. The ball is in Dwights court and he is not going to Brooklyn so he can forget about that. In addition I dont think Orlando was going to trade Dwight to Brooklyn period.

The media in NY got all caught up in this like it was a done deal, because that is what the national sports media wanted. Brooklyn has a new arena and the NBA wants them to be competitive now because it is NYC and the Knicks cant get anything done right. The Carmelo deal was a bust for the Knicks.

Exactly, we do not need a Lamar Odom situation here, that would completely suck. Edited by CODHAWKSFAN

Rinse and repeat, Dwight Howard doesn't want to be here He told the Lakers, NO!! He told Houston, NO!! He told Atlanta, NO!! He's even said his second option is Dallas. Would you trade Teague, Horford, a wealth of draft picks, and take on bad contracts for that? Rinse and repeat, Dwight Howard DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE. He grew up here, he has kids in Atlanta but he wants NO PART OF US. If it were me, I'd BEG to move back to Atlanta, but he, for whatever reason, truly dislikes or Hates ATLANTA. Josh is his friend, and he still won't come. Morrow is his friend, and he's not coming. Chris Paul says he wants to come, Josh Smith says he loves Atlanta (and not the former management), Horford loves the ATL. GO AFTER THOSE GUYS. You know the ones who WANT TO BE IN ATLANTA. really??? REALLY???? Rinse and repeat, Dwight Howard doesn't want to be here. PERIOD.

^^^Preach

Even after this latest failed attempt, and Lopez' subsequent re-upping with the Nets, Hennigan is still insisting his dealings with them aren't dead, just in 'stationary' mode. I know, that could just be a public leverage ploy, but the fact is he keeps going back to that well. The question is 'why'? He just rejected 4 first round picks, Lopez, Humph and freedom from several burdensome contracts. What is he holding out for - especially when it seems that Houston and our Hawks offer comparable if not better potential deals.

Orlando doesn't want Humphries and wants to unload salaries (J Rich or Hedo). They needed a third team to help re-direct Humphries.

Actually, I look for the Hawks to make a serious push for him in the off-season. Also wouldnt be surprise that OKC goes all in to trade for Dwight and rent him for one year just to get over the hump next season. OKC financially will not be able to keep everyone together past next year as Ibaka, Harden, and company will all command contracts over 10mill annually...Westbrook will also be maxed out by OKC..

Actually, I look for the Hawks to make a serious push for him in the off-season. Also wouldnt be surprise that OKC goes all in to trade for Dwight and rent him for one year just to get over the hump next season. OKC financially will not be able to keep everyone together past next year as Ibaka, Harden, and company will all command contracts over 10mill annually...Westbrook will also be maxed out by OKC..

I am expecting Howard to give the media another list of teams he would like to sign an extension to because the nets made it clear that they are moving on by giving the max deal to Lopez. Im not sure if Howard understands CAP rules or the CBA but if he does he clearly knows that ending up in a Nets Jersey just isnt possible until maybe next summer!....even then it still seems impossible because the Magic just dont like the nets offer of Lopez even if they try it again on Jan.15 when they are able to, I can nearly gurantee the Magic still wont trade with the nets!

Now can the Nets get Howard Next Summer? I dont see how when they now have 4 Maxed players on their roster! I believe they can only trade for Howard and that wont Happen!

And since the Nets and D12 are screwed due to bad contracts of Joe Johnson and stupidity of D12 opting in when he didnt want to.........

I expect Howard to pick a different team soon. One he will extend his contract with and hopefully we are on that list! Im sure the media will have something in the next couple of days of different teams D12 wants to play for.

*by the way he will likely not be a magic because they recently tried to keep D12 and again he shot them down. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8159324/dwight-howard-nixes-orlando-magic-gm-rob-hennigan-new-plea-source-says

• Moderators

Ask opposing offenses if he is a difference maker on defense.

Now the Dwight comparison is way off but to say a guy who protects the rim, as well as any human being walking this earth, is not a difference maker is simply inaccurate.

You see the point I am making, right? Ibaka is a standout defensive player. So is Tony Allen. Neither of them are more than impact role players as far as championship aspirations. They are important pieces of the puzzle but not the engine that drives a championship team. That said, Ibaka is a higher impact player with more of an all-around game than Allen so he is a legit starter while Allen is questionable. That doesn't make him a foundation piece on a championship team, though.

Rinse and repeat,

Dwight Howard doesn't want to be here

He told the Lakers, NO!!

He told Houston, NO!!

He told Atlanta, NO!!

He's even said his second option is Dallas. Would you trade Teague, Horford, a wealth of draft picks, and take on bad contracts for that?

Rinse and repeat,

Dwight Howard DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE.

He grew up here, he has kids in Atlanta but he wants NO PART OF US. If it were me, I'd BEG to move back to Atlanta, but he, for whatever reason, truly dislikes or Hates ATLANTA. Josh is his friend, and he still won't come. Morrow is his friend, and he's not coming. Chris Paul says he wants to come, Josh Smith says he loves Atlanta (and not the former management), Horford loves the ATL. GO AFTER THOSE GUYS. You know the ones who WANT TO BE IN ATLANTA.

really???

REALLY????

Rinse and repeat,

Dwight Howard doesn't want to be here. PERIOD.

Not sure what this has to do with the OP.

If the issue is whether Ibaka or Dwight would have a greater impact on our team, the answer is easily and unequivocally Dwight. Just because Dwight doesn't want to come here doesn't change that. Just because Derrick Rose isn't coming here doesn't make Teague better and just because Dwight doesn't want to come doesn't make him a better player than an Ibaka who does want to come.

If the issue is whether we should sign an Ibaka who wants to come here for a max contract (I assume anyone who thinks Ibaka > Dwight sees both as max players) when Dwight doesn't want to come here, then that is a totally separate and much more nuanced discussion.

Edited by AHF

There is a rumor out there Ferry will not offer Horford unless Howard agrees to a long term deal. Ferry probably doesn't want to give up Horford to begin with. Just let this season play out then go hard after Howard or Bynum in FA if both are there.C-Bynum or HowardPF-HorfordSF-Smoovethat look a lot better thanC-Howard or BynumPF-SmooveSF-JRich?

Edited by ThunderHawks

Russ resigned last offseason

• Moderators

The only way Dwight goes to the Nets is on a mid level or the league allows it. Bottom line

Or if they wait until during the season and make the trade once the trade restrictions on Lopez, etc. are lifted. The deal won't be as good then as it is today, though.

• Admin

Serge is an average pf with leaping abilityHe is not a great rebounder and he can't guard players on the perimeter or players that are bigger then him. He is basically josh smith without the passing or the offense. He is a weak side blocker.He was really exposed in the playoffs too