• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks 2012-13 Roster (Tentative)

NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

Keith Benson is looking really good in SL, granted it is SL but still. He has appeared to have improved a lot since last SL.

It's really his first SL, since last year's was cancelled due to The Lockout. Expect strong improvements from the 2011 class this season with a full rookie/free agent camp, summer league, and training camp under their belts before the season starts. ~lw3

I think people are forgetting this is our "step back" year. That being said, I think this roster has a lot of depth. We got rid of 2 of the worst contracts in the NBA. This is only step one to building this organization right.

Edited by AHawks89

We are kinda like Philly were last year in that we'll share the scoring between at least 6 guys and we'll run the floor like crazy. I don't see us dropping off much, if at all, and suspect we will be back in the playoffs.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Exactly, this roster is a step back year. Rome wasn't built in a day. We got rid of two of our four core. We are in a flexible position, and if we have to play small ball for a year so be it.

don't think it's a far enough step back to warrant taking a step back. Now if Josh is traded then we're cooking with grease. Should be a more entertaining / watchable product for the casual fan though. Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

we should keep both Benson and Scott. Benson is just a beast now. I think a season in the d-league and that one game the warriors helped him a lot. He would have made the team last year if we had summer league last year. Scott seems pretty good to me. He's been off on his shot but he has great form. He looks pretty good off the dribble as well. He even got rebounds over Sullinger and Melo. The only thing I don't like are the fouls he picks up and I think that is because the summer league refs aren't that good. Scott might be a real steal for us in this draft.

We were what, about 6th in scoring defense and 22-24th in scoring offense? As currently constructed, I'm guessing we up the pace a little, take a couple more FTs a game, hit a couple more threes. 18th in scoring maybe? Defensively, I just hope this isn't the team we field. All three of the players out the door (Kirkland, Joseph, Duck) gave us great flexibility and versatility defensively with the ability to guard 2 positions each. 6th to 16th if we're lucky.

Lou Williams will have a good year coming back to Atlanta a city he's once terrorized, I'm anxious to see how Al Horford plays does he continue the all star play or does he make himself expendable should be fun

As presently constructed we obviously still need a SF. Hopefully one that can at least play some semblance of D out at the wing. But as for the bigs, I think it's coming from within. Four guys will fight for Three spots in camp:Mike ScottKeith BensonJordan WilliamsIvan Johnson

and I hate being Mr. Negativity but.... I hope this isn't the roster for long. This is the same deal as before. This time around they equal out offensively but are worse defensively. At the end of the day your not bad enough for a good draft pick and your not good enough to do any real damage in the playoffs. Maybe the plan is to get D12. Why else would Ferry be hoarding all these shooters? Hell even that model didn't work out all that well in Orlando.

The hell it didn't. It got them in the Finals.

We aren't going to the lottery for a high pickWe are taking a small step back so we can be much better next yearWe couldn't go forward without a minor speed bump bc we had to get rid of the contracts to move forward and nobody was giving us better pieces than jj for him and his contractOnly in a fantasy world do we get much better without having a year of being similar or slightly worse firstTanking completely would mean ridding our team of its talent and would start us on a 5 year plan to relevance