• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks 2012-13 Roster (Tentative)

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Atlanta Hawks Roster - 2012-13

Edited by Dolfan23

• Premium Member

darko an

So we have only a couple of spots open. Need a sf and a big?

Darko and Childress perhaps?

• Premium Member

At least we won't be the oldest team in the league anymore. Plus I didn't know that Zaza was that big. He needs to be going up and dunkin people.

That drives me crazy about Zaza. He has a bad habit of putting the ball on the floor when he's close to the rim. If he would just stop doing that, and go straight up, I bet 90% of of his ugly lay ins would turn into easy dunks.
  • Like 1

Every year, we hear what part of their game our players are working on.Zaza, with his 3" jump, should really be working on this. We know thathe can dunk the ball. We've saw it, if only occasionally.Our present roster ain't that bad. Ability to score could be down right scary.Defense will be a work in progress but may not be as bad as some have feared.Josh is now high man on the totum poll as far as payroll is concerned.Right now, we may not be the greatest, but we're far from the worst NBA team.

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Every year, we hear what part of their game our players are working on. Zaza, with his 3" jump, should really be working on this. We know that he can dunk the ball. We've saw it, if only occasionally. Our present roster ain't that bad. Ability to score could be down right scary. Defense will be a work in progress but may not be as bad as some have feared. Josh is now high man on the totum poll as far as payroll is concerned. Right now, we may not be the greatest, but we're far from the worst NBA team.

and I hate being Mr. Negativity but.... I hope this isn't the roster for long. This is the same deal as before. This time around they equal out offensively but are worse defensively. At the end of the day your not bad enough for a good draft pick and your not good enough to do any real damage in the playoffs. Maybe the plan is to get D12. Why else would Ferry be hoarding all these shooters? Hell even that model didn't work out all that well in Orlando. Edited by NineOhTheRino

I'd be shocked if Scott doesn't make the roster. Just hard to imagine Ferry not keeping his 1st 2 picks on the roster this year. The D-League would probably be good for him but I fully expect he'll make the roster if he can even remotely prove able to play some SF.

I'm sure Ferry is looking for full-time wing defender with all his might. I know I would. Stevenson is good, but he's no Joe and probably on par with Kirkland with better size. I'm not a Petro fan, of course, so I've really never seen him: Can he do anything with his height?

I can't help but think Ferry is building around Dwight and being forced to take back J-Rich or Turk's contract which would be our starting SF as well.

What do we give up is the $1,000,000 question. Al, Teague, and a pick? I can dig it. I don't hate Rich or Turk at the 3. Get some steals, hit some threes.

Atlanta Hawks Roster - 2012-13

Team Roster NO. NAME POS AGE HT WT COLLEGE 2012-2013 SALARY 0 Devin Harris PG 29 6-3 192 Wisconsin $8,500,000 15 Al Horford C 26 6-10 250 Florida $12,008,000 0 John Jenkins SG 21 6-4 220 Vanderbilt $1,204,560 0 Kyle Korver SF 31 6-7 212 Creighton $5,000,000 0 Anthony Morrow SG 26 6-5 210 Georgia Tech $4,000,000 27 Zaza Pachulia C 28 6-11 275 $5,248,750 0 Johan Petro C 26 7-0 247 $3,500,000 0 Mike Scott PF 24 6-8 237 Virginia 5 Josh Smith PF 26 6-9 225 $13,200,000 0 DeShawn Stevenson SG 31 6-5 218 $2,240,450 0 Jeff Teague PG 24 6-2 181 Wake Forest $2,433,077 0 Jordan Williams F 21 6-10 260 Maryland $762,195 0 Lou Williams PG 25 6-1 175 $5,000,000 Coach: Larry Drew

Let's be honest, this roster as currently constructed has mediocrity written all over it.

I like that Ferry has done what Sund should have done years ago, but I don't see how this roster functions properly. There is no go to scorer and there is no true point guard to facilitate a motion offense to get the shooters clean looks (though this is a moot point as long as Larry Drew is the coach). Guys like Korver, Morrow and Jenkins are not going to break people down on the dribble. They need to be fed the ball on swing passes or kickouts. Josh Smith is probably the best passer on the roster which is a scary thought.

I could understand trying to tank for a season but if that was the case why get someone like Korver or even Williams?