• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Current Free Agent G/F options for SF

thecampster

• Moderators

On the Gee front, last Friday there was news that the Cavs made him a 3-year offer which he has yet to sign. On the same day, though, the Cavs sent out, either errantly or über-confidently, a Tweet featuring one of his highlights to entice partial-season ticket holders (paraphrasing, but along the lines of, "Here's a memorable dunk by Alonzo Gee... want to see more of that this season? Click here to buy tickets..." here it go... "(Alonzo Gee) posterizes the Pacers (video link) Imagine seeing that live! Now's your chance. (ticket package link)" https://twitter.com/cavs/status/233926745819062273 ~lw3

• Moderators

Thinking back on the Rockets post-Delfino, Terrence Jones is not a free agent, but seems to be an odd-man-out option if the Hawks go the trade route.Jones looks to be in an odd spot. He's a tweener SF/PF (6'9", 250#) but is logjammed behind Chandler Parsons and now Carlos Delfino at SF, plus Patrick Patterson and lottery pick Royce White at PF. He needs to develop a midrange jumper to be effective, and overcompensates for that flaw with three-point shots, but as of now he's a decent slasher and offensive rebounder who can defend either position, SF a little better than PF.The Rockets will be at 19 guaranteed-contract players after tomorrow (assuming Josh Harrellson gets waived) so some bodies have gotta go. Kevin McHale bellyached in June about the prospect of having so many rookies on the roster and was eager to make a deal with somebody on draft night. Now, he faces the prospect of splitting minutes for not only the 2012 draftees (Jeremy Lamb, White, Jones) but Donatas Motiejunas. Like several of his Rocket teammates Jones performed consistently well in Summer League, averaging 18.2 and 8.6 over the course of five games.On the Hawks, Jones would be a better defensive option at SF than Korver or Morrow. Plus, he could serve as Josh Smith Insurance by sliding to the 4 spot in 2013, either as a starter or backup depending on what they do with Horford at the center spot.~lw3

• Admin

I think Ferry is going to swap out some of those Nets guys for a wing defender that can start or at least play significant minutes for us.

Yes, I think we will get our SF when Sept 11th comes around and trades can be made with players on our roster
  • Like 1

• Moderators

As for the Kentucky guys, I am a bit skeptical that Terrence Jones ends up as a SF in the NBA. He does shoot some 3's but really is a post player to date on both ends of the floor.On a "make good", non-guaranteed minimum deal I would enjoy seeing DeAndre Liggins get a shot at our 15th roster spot. He is a long defender with the potential to be a solid role player in the league if he develops. We could use a minimum salary defensive role player with some length.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Any FA guys overseas who we might snag?

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-08-09/olympics-2012-team-usa-australia-joe-ingles-patty-mills-david-andersen-spurs I forget if I mentioned him earlier (and too lazy to check), but Joe Ingles (6'8, 200#) from the Boomers raised some NBA scouts' eyebrows of late in that Olympic tourney. Not sure, but it seems he might have an out clause with Regal FC Barcelona... but I'm sure the price has to be right, and he's not going to sign a test-drive short-term contract. The two-degrees-of-separation thing comes via the Australia National Team coach, Brett Brown, who is an assistant coach with Danny Ferry's prior employer, the Spurs. Strategically, for whatever it would be worth down the road, he remains close friends with Ricky Rubio from their time playing together w/ Barcelona. ~lw3

An interestin option not on my list but on Mace's is Donte Greene from Sacramento. Former 1st rounder, only given bench minutes. okay stats. He is very long and still quite young. He might be an option. 6'11" SF. 226lbs.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

I still think one of the more interesting Trade Partners out there could be Detroit. They are loaded with SF talent:Tayshaun Price - the vet, but still under contractAustin Daye - on last year of rookie dealCorey Magette - 10 million expiring this yearKyle Singler - draftee from last year, detroit really wants to get him minutes this yearKhris Middleton - their 2nd round rookieObviously, I don't think we'd mess with our cap flexibility so it only really leaves Magette (ugh) and Daye. Daye being the most interesting fit, because he's really talented and on the end of his rookie deal. So we can restrict him, renounce him or whatever we want depending on the moves we want to make.. I just think we'd have to give up more than just expiring back to gain him.

• Like 2

• Moderators

On the Gee front, last Friday there was news that the Cavs made him a 3-year offer which he has yet to sign. On the same day, though, the Cavs sent out, either errantly or über-confidently, a Tweet featuring one of his highlights to entice partial-season ticket holders (paraphrasing, but along the lines of, "Here's a memorable dunk by Alonzo Gee... want to see more of that this season? Click here to buy tickets..." here it go... "(Alonzo Gee) posterizes the Pacers (video link) Imagine seeing that live! Now's your chance. (ticket package link)" https://twitter.com/...926745819062273 ~lw3

Signing by Cleveland allegedly close, 3 years $9.8 million according to their local Fox affiliates. ~lw3

• Moderators

Signing by Cleveland allegedly close, 3 years $9.8 million according to their local Fox affiliates.

~lw3

Emphasis on "allegedly":

Source close to situation says Cavs are NOT looking to buy out contract of SF Omri Casspi, reiterating what a source told Plain Dealer. Source also said Cavs and SF Alonzo Gee are not "especially close" to reaching "any sort" of deal. If a deal is reached with Gee, source says, it will likely be closer to training camp in late September. But, it appears, Cavs will keep Casspi. Much of that depends on Casspi, and whether or not he wants to return overseas. Otherwise, "he's not available" for other NBA teams.

~lw3 Edited by lethalweapon3