• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN proposes a Hawk/Celtic trade.and I threw up in my mouth a little bit

HawkItus

If Ferry is in "win now" idiotic pull the trigger mode then this deal has a shot at happening. We could win the East with that lineup, not even kidding.

Explain to me what would be idiotic if that was the case? If we could sacrifice say the next 2 seasons (the length of KG's contract beyond this year) for a good shot at the Finals as your post would indicate we'd have, you wouldn't do that?

Not to mention, we'd still have some solid youthful contributors on the team unlike the C's who count on Pierce and Garnett for so much. They have Rondo, but that's the only consistent contributor they have beyond Pierce and KG. Trust me, I cannot stand those 2 guys. They're right up there with DWade and LeBra in my opinion, but I wouldn't turn KG, Pierce, Wade, or LeBron away from the Hawks at this point! I want us to win something meaningful in the playoffs.

Rondo-Terry-Pierce-Bass-Garnett = 8th seed

Teague-Korver-Pierce-Horford-Garnett = NBA Finals?

I'm not buying it. Bass has a nicer offensive game than Horford especially his mid range game.

It would solve our main problem of Horford at Center which he will be able to play PF finally. We would have a legitimate SF in Pierce ( even though I don't like him ). We are looking at teams that can compete with us in the East with this lineup... Not many will be able to. Plus Smoove will finally be gone which will make a ton of people happy.

Explain to me what would be idiotic if that was the case? If we could sacrifice say the next 2 seasons (the length of KG's contract beyond this year) for a good shot at the Finals as your post would indicate we'd have, you wouldn't do that?

Not to mention, we'd still have some solid youthful contributors on the team unlike the C's who count on Pierce and Garnett for so much. They have Rondo, but that's the only consistent contributor they have beyond Pierce and KG. Trust me, I cannot stand those 2 guys. They're right up there with DWade and LeBra in my opinion, but I wouldn't turn KG, Pierce, Wade, or LeBron away from the Hawks at this point! I want us to win something meaningful in the playoffs.

I'd do it, I just think the deal is dumb "IF" Ferry wants flexibility.

Edited by ATLscrubLove

While I do think this trade would make us a better team in the short run, IT DEFINITELY HAS ITS FLAWS.

I think people are forgetting we are a run and gun team. Thats what has gotten us to where we are now. By trading all of our speed and athleticism, WE WILL BE SO SLOW!

On the other hand, I wouldnt mind seeing that group put together for just the rest of the season. But I feel like it may cause problems internally, cause we all know these two teams have bad blood for each other. Remember Pierce giving Horford the "blood" gang sign when Horf hit the game winner in the playoffs?

It would be interesting to say the least. And this trade would definitely put us in the spotlight for once with veterans like KG and Pierce. Nobody is going to turn their backs on those guys and maybe we would actually get calls to go our way?

If Smoove is walking or wont sign for nothing but the max, you have to make this trade!

I think the amount of fastbreak points would stay about the same, seeing as how this hypothetical squad would actually commit to outlet passes.

While I do think this trade would make us a better team in the short run, IT DEFINITELY HAS ITS FLAWS.

I think people are forgetting we are a run and gun team. Thats what has gotten us to where we are now. By trading all of our speed and athleticism, WE WILL BE SO SLOW!

On the other hand, I wouldnt mind seeing that group put together for just the rest of the season. But I feel like it may cause problems internally, cause we all know these two teams have bad blood for each other. Remember Pierce giving Horford the "blood" gang sign when Horf hit the game winner in the playoffs?

It would be interesting to say the least. And this trade would definitely put us in the spotlight for once with veterans like KG and Pierce. Nobody is going to turn their backs on those guys and maybe we would actually get calls to go our way?

If Smoove is walking or wont sign for nothing but the max, you have to make this trade!

Pierce, KG, AND Terry? If we're looking to trade for every player in the NBA who hate the Hawks then that's a good start!

Damn I would be absolutely DONE until those 3 are gone if we did that deal.

Might as well have Tommy H come down and replace Nique and then let Belkin back into the ASG and then have DJLaysItUp be a moderator here on Hawksquawk with all those Celtic lovers involved!

• Moderators

That deal minus Terry/Zaza would be pretty interesting to me IF Ferry is convinced we aren't getting Paul (I am convinced of this) or Howard (up in the air).

I might condition it on a Doc / Drew trade as well, though. Doc should be in Atlanta rather than Boston and a lineup minus KG/PP and adding Josh would be in the lottery anyway so why not for the Celtics?

• Like 1

That deal minus Terry/Zaza would be pretty interesting to me IF Ferry is convinced we aren't getting Paul (I am convinced of this) or Howard (up in the air).

I might condition it on a Doc / Drew trade as well, though. Doc should be in Atlanta rather than Boston and a lineup minus KG/PP and adding Josh would be in the lottery anyway so why not for the Celtics?

I think the theory was for the Celts to throw in the towel for this season and build for the future. Next year, they could have some flexibility doing this move and build around Rondo and Smith.

• Moderators

I think the theory was for the Celts to throw in the towel for this season and build for the future. Next year, they could have some flexibility doing this move and build around Rondo and Smith.

Yeah - my bit about acquiring Doc by trade was tongue in cheek. The Terry/Zaza bit of the trade doesn't really mean much for building around the future but we would still need a big like Zaza.

Yeah - my bit about acquiring Doc by trade was tongue in cheek. The Terry/Zaza bit of the trade doesn't really mean much for building around the future but we would still need a big like Zaza.

The big benefit of not including Terry in the trade is that you don't have to pay Terry for 3 more years.