• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If You Are Wondering What Happened in the Ferry and Smoove's Agent Meeting

yungsta

http://spacecityscoop.com/2013/02/07/nba-trade-rumors-josh-smith-interested-in-joining-houston-rockets/

According to Ken Burger of CBS Sports, on January 16th Josh Smith’s agent and the Atlanta Hawks general manager Danny Ferry had a meeting together. During that meeting Smith’s agent listed the Houston Rockets as one team that he was interested in. “Among the teams that would appeal to Smith are Dallas, Houston and Memphis.”

Well, If I'm Ferry I would not trade them to any of those teams as they don't have good talent we can get back. I would trade him to teams like the Kings, or Pistons that actually have something we need, plus they have draft picks..

The Rockets have more young talent than any team in the league. They also have a plethora of draft picks they can trade.

• Like 2

If that's the case, do a Josh for Z-Bo trade straight up. That would essentially solve our offensive rebounding issues, as well as our low post scoring issue.

PG - Teague

G - Harris ( when healthy )

F - Korver

PF - Randolph

C - Horford

Randolph would represent a big chunk of the cap gone, but we'd still be far enough under it to add one more significant player.

LOL . . if the Griz traded Z-Bo for Smith, they'd have a heart attack. It would give them something that they say they want though . . . a player who is willing to run. And Smith's efforts on defense would be appreciated there. They just wouldn't like him jacking up those jumpers.

PG - Conley

G - Allen

F- Prince

PF - Smith

C - Gasol

They may would want Morrow in that trade as well, so give them Morrow.

The Atlanta Hawks are entertaining trade offers around the league for forward Josh Smith, but have yet to decide whether they will deal the ninth-year forward, according to league sources.

The Hawks met with Smith's representatives this week, at which point the team indicated it was not willing to give Smith a max contract after this season, according to a source.

Smith, who will be an unrestricted free agent this summer, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution late last month that he believes he's a max player, which would mean he'd be in line for a five-year deal worth around $94 million from Atlanta.

But the Hawks, which expect to be major players next summer in free agency or through trades, do not want to tie up that kind of money going forward.

Smith, according to a source, is prepared to move on. He has been one of the most enigmatic players in the Hawks' history, capable of incredible feats at both ends of the floor—as evidenced by his 23-point, 16-rebound performance against the Bulls in the 2011 playoffs—but also capable of driving coaches and fans crazy with his decision-making. Last month he was suspended by the team for a game for "conduct detrimental to the team," after a run-in at practice with Coach Larry Drew.

Yet the Hawks have not formally decided to trade the 27-year-old Smith, who leads Atlanta in scoring and blocked shots, and is second in rebounds and assists. Team president of basketball operations and general manager Danny Ferry is in fact-finding mode now, seeing what the market is for Smith.

The website Hoopsworld reported earlier this week that the Suns had had exploratory talks with Atlanta about Smith.

If the Hawks hold onto Smith for the rest of this season, they could still trade him this summer in a sign-and-trade deal. However, the market for such trades will begin to narrow; teams $4 million or more above the luxury tax threshold, or that would become $4 million or more above the threshold by making a trade, will be prohibited from doing sign and trade deals.

The Hawks traded for signed for eight players on the last year of their contracts this summer. Five of those players came from the Nets in the deal that sent Joe Johnson to Brooklyn last July. They can clear more than $30 million in cap room by just letting those deals expire; only Al Horford and guards Lou Williams and John Jenkins are under contract for next season.

If the Hawks let Smith walk without taking any salary back, they'd be able to clear more than $40 million off their cap.

The Hawks could be a player for free agents like Dwight Howard, who is from Atlanta, or guard Chris Paul, who famously was skipped over by the Hawks in the 2005 Draft in favor of forward Marvin Williams, taken with the second pick overall that year. But if they find they can't attract a premier free agent, they might still be able to deal Smith in a sign-and-trade for an impact player under contract similar to that which they might find in free agency.

Josh Smith for Royce White straight up. Kidding of course. I honestly have a tough time gauging what his trade value is because I really do feel he is an extremely valuable player to our team but too stuck in his ways for other teams to really appreciate his talent

Edited by Mutombolievable

Well, If I'm Ferry I would not trade them to any of those teams as they don't have good talent we can get back. I would trade him to teams like the Kings, or Pistons that actually have something we need, plus they have draft picks..

and why would the Pistons or Kings trade for Josh knowing he has no intention of resigning with them ?

There are 2 sides to every trade my friend.

I am no UK fan.........but I would like to get the 2 UK boys playing for Houston (Patterson and Jones). Jones will be a much better player then Parsons in time. Douglas or Morris would also be good role players.

It would be have to be a 3 way trade with Houston though as they have no one with a enough salary to make it work..........that is unless you want Jeremy Lin, which I do not want. I'd much rather resign Jeff Teague for $8 mill then pay that to Linsanity.

If a push came to shove..........I'd take Mayo + Kaman's expiring contract from the Mavs. Not sure how much I would pay to resign Mayo though. That would be a last resort trade and Dallas would have to throw in a 1st rounder. It doen't makes sense for Dallas since they have the cap space to resign him in free agency and keep their 1st round pick.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

and why would the Pistons or Kings trade for Josh knowing he has no intention of resigning with them ?

There are 2 sides to every trade my friend.

I am no UK fan.........but I would like to get the 2 UK rookies from Houston (Patterson and Jones). Jones will be a much better player then Parsons in time. Douglas or Morris would also be good role players.

It would be have to be a 3 way trade with Houston though as they have no one with a enough salary to make it work..........that is unless you want Jeremy Lin, which I do not want. I'd much rather resign Jeff Teague for $8 mill then pay that to Linsanity.

If a push came to shove..........I'd take Mayo + Kaman's expiring contract from the Mavs. Not sure how much I would pay to resign Mayo though. That would be a last resort trade and Dallas would have to throw in a 1st rounder. It doen't makes sense for Dallas since they have the cap space to resign him in free agency and keep their 1st round pick.

Yeah, I think some fans are envisioning us getting Greg Monroe or lottery picks for him or something.

Looking at the title to this thread, it really should be a thread with Diesel giving us the transcript of the meeting.

Looking at the title to this thread, it really should be a thread with Diesel giving us the transcript of the meeting.

Don't give him any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Premium Member

It's times like these when I love how much the national media (and the basketball world in general) doesn't pay attention to us. Listening to Zeke and Alvin Gentry, I'm like, "C'mon...sell it to 'em! Yeah man! Sell it! Sell it! Damn I hope they buy it..."