• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brooklyn after josh seems unreasonable

bruincoach

They try to center stuff around humphries. How does that make sense for hawks. 12 million next year? Have to be a 3rd team involved I would imagineBrooks/Evans(Ivan Johnson's clone)/Blache/telotovic/1st round pick is the only reasonable pieces of interest with the first round pick AND brooks being highest priorityHowever the 3rd team needed would probably want a first for being involved

not a good deal...i know ferry is smarter than that as he knows there are better deals from the mavs and suns who have reportedly are going just as hard for smith.....

but this deal with the nets make no sense what so ever. there isnt a good deal out of this any where not even for wallace...10 m a year for wallace is too much....however because smith holds value I am only trading smith for this deal.....

blatche/humphries/brooks/pick for smith and morrow

see what it is, is that I know ferry can demand alot out of dumb ass billy king...im just saying rip him off! add wallace to that list and done deal.

so because i think billy king is dumb and he is.

blatche/humphries/brooks/wallace/pick for smith and morrow

and to be honest I still wouldnt pull the trigger getting all of that! LOL...of course some of our other players would have to be let go to pull that deal off but you guys get me.

They dont have a 1st round pick this year, and we have theirs next season

They do have their pick this year and we have the right to SWAP picks with them next year AND the year after. I believe we also have their second in 2017 or something.

And a deal centered around Humphries is pretty sorry. It would have to start with Brooks/Teletovic/Pick, and I'm not a huge fan of that.

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 1

I just think the team needs something to excite them AND the fan baseI believe horford And Teague would be fit immensely and get a couple of picksGives us 3-5 youn players next yearHopefully Teague/horford/korver/Ivan/ free agent/free agent

jus give me brooks ,wallace and a 1st round pick

It's funny . . . that's all I was asking for Joe Johnson at the time he was traded.

Brooks is their version of Jeff Teague in his first 2 years in Atlanta. The guy has great offensive talent, but can't play a lick of defense. Because of that, neither Avery nor PJ will play the kid. With Deron not right, and Gerald Wallace not being used to the best of his ability as a transition scorer, the Nets desperately need to obtain a guy who can be a 6th man type of scorer. LOL . . Brooks could be that, but they won't unleash him for some reason.

People are scared of Wallace's 10 million for the next 3 years, but contracts like that can always be traded in that final year, or the year before. Wallace is still a very good on the ball defender and he would be useful on a team that played a lot faster.

I would drop over IF we took on Wallace and 30 million of non flexibility

Non flexibility?

What about signing Josh to a Max contract?

30 mill for 3 years > 5 years for 94 million

And when you want to get out from under a contract, the 3 - 30 is a lot easier to get out from under, than the 5 - 94

While the Nets certainly want Gordon, sources said acquiring Smith is their higher priority. A trade for Smith would seemingly kill a deal for Gordon, because Humphries is one of the players being discussed with Atlanta. The Nets are willing to give up Humphries and second-year shooting guard MarShon Brooks for Smith. But it almost certainly will take more than a Humphries-Brooks combination to pry Smith away from Atlanta, and one source said the Hawks want Brooklyn's first-round pick. Some scenarios that have been discussed include the Hawks' Anthony Morrow, who played the past two seasons with the Nets, returning to the club. ESPN.com

The Brooklyn Nets are aggressively pursuing a trade for Atlanta Hawks star forward Josh Smith, league sources told ESPN. The two teams are engaged in discussions.

But one source said while "there has been lots of talk, nothing is close yet." As the NBA's Feb. 21 trade deadline nears, Brooklyn is proving to be one of the most active teams in the league. As reported by ESPN.com on Friday, sources said the Nets also are talking with the Charlotte Bobcats about a Kris Humphries-for-Ben Gordon trade.

• Moderators

If we trade Smith for Humphries, I will donate all of my Hawks gear and become a full time Pistons fan. SMH at this 5% possibility. Lopez would be a different story, but I want nothing to do with f'ing Humphries. I'm thinking this is just dumbass Broussard trying to get shit started. First he reports that Dwight has no interest in Atlanta and Dwight Sr. comes out and says otherwise and now this... I hate ESPN.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

Hopefully I smell a three team trade. Brooks could fill Lou's role, only making a million. The Nets are morons for not giving him experience. He's a sixth man candidate in he making. JJ Hickson can fill Josh's role because he shoots and rebounds a lot better, only making 5 mil, from the A. I don't know how it would/ could happen, but I damn sure would love it. Jefferson too pricey and finnesseful for my tastes, Cousins is just as boneheaded as Josh, if not more.

Edited by benhillboy