• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade with Bucks heating up involving Smith and Monta Ellis

wolvetigers

Ellis is better then Lou and is a little bigger......and he is healthy.

You have to wonder if Ellis will opt into the last year of his contract next year or become a free agent. Hopefully he would be easier to resign, then Smith, and would hold some trade value in a follow up deal next year after Lou proves he is healthy.

At least Ellis has value.........it would be nice to have the right to "swap" 1st round picks with the Bucks in case we finish with a better record then them. Of course getting their 1st round pick straight up is better.

Not my favorite deal but could live with it...........it would look a lot better if they included in Henson.

Edited by coachx

So you guys call Josh a chucker, yet are OK with Monta Ellis?

Dude is hoisting up 4 three's a game at 23%

Good point.

The only counter point, to play Devils Advocate, is that Ellis is a proven 1st option scorer who has averaged 25 ppg / 45FG% / 36% 3 pt FG% in the recent past.

He is having the worst season of his career from a shooting % standpoint........no arguement there.

IF, the Hawks do trade Josh Smith to the Bucks is there any information on who/what else would be included in the deal? I am assuming (hoping!) this would not be a one on one deal!)? I would like to think that the Hawks would get another player and the Bucks 2013 1st round draft pick! Am I dreaming???

I'm more interested in the SF Ersan and the Draft pick. We can always trade Ellis in the off season for Value

What's wrong w/ y'all?! Esan is not a SF!! He's PF who can play as SF in worst case scenario. Just like Anthony Tolliver or Mike Scott. Even in Europe Ersan played as a power forward.

• Like 3

Ferry's a smart guy. He'd never have a player like Ellis anywhere around his franchise. I'm sure the mere mention of it is embarrassing.

His game is not that different from Ginobli or Lou.

You need some 1 on 1 players to survive in this league. That is what the Spurs have / had Ginobli for and that is why Ferry signed Lou.

Monta is 0 for his last 14 and is 3 - 25 ( 12% ) from 3 point range in February.

Since the beginning of the year, he's 15 - 77 ( 19.5% ) from 3

Josh has made almost as many 3s this month alone ( 12 ) than Monta has made in all of 2013.

Damn Monta. You may want to stop gunning at some point. No way in hell will people let you get away with playing like that in ATL.

I'm not going to be too thrilled with this trade unless we can grab Milwaukee #1 round pick this year..Still not sure why Ferry would make this move though.

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
On Bucks/Josh Smith talk: Hawks' interest believed to start w/Monta Ellis, since Monta could play next to Jeff Teague, whom Hawks still like

So... we trade Joe just to trade for Monte Ellis a half of season later?

Monta is 0 for his last 14 and is 3 - 25 ( 12% ) from 3 point range in February.

Since the beginning of the year, he's 15 - 77 ( 19.5% ) from 3

Josh has made almost as many 3s this month alone ( 12 ) than Monta has made in all of 2013.

Damn Monta. You may want to stop gunning at some point. No way in hell will people let you get away with playing like that in ATL.

Wow, what a disaster!! Stay away, Danny!!