• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry Speaks.

Diesel

its better to make no move than the wrong move. Taking back that milwuakee garbage was gift wrapping smoove for them and if he walks we gave them more cap space and flexibility. So it was a win win for them and a lost in every way imaginable for us.

Edited by yungsta
  • Like 2

Think he is tougher behind the scenes. He held his ground when he didn't get what he wanted. Something to be said for that.

Agreed 100% what people don't realize is the NBA is changing the luxury tax has completely redefined the way a team will be built. Ferry knows that cap space is more valuable than what he would have gotten in return. The days of taking on bad contracts and being over the cap is over
  • Like 1

http://www.nba.com/hawks/video/2013/02/21/DANNYFERRYTRAXEmov-2393001

Is it me or is Danny Ferry morphing into Rick Sund.

It's you.

Ferry made the right calls here. We took a chance that JS would up his value without JJ and either we'd get our money's worth by resigning him or we'd get good return in trading him. It hasn't happened yet and may not, but it's hard to get upset that Ferry couldn't trade away one of the worst contracts in NBA history, one of the worst #2 picks in history, AND get top dollar for JS in the same, first week of his tenure.

Ferry seems to be thinking a deal or two ahead of most of us. We found out months later we traded for the additional right to exchange picks with NJ in 2015! Many get up in arms about Morrow being traded only to see that it allows us to get a maturing, athletic, uber-long center prospect for nothing. Ferry doesn't just make most GMs look foolish, he makes his detractors look so, most of whom have had to back-track. We'll see in the future, but I like his chances and not trading and expiring Josh doesn't change that.

W

• Like 4

Great pointless moves today. Who wants Jones over Morrow? Jones is worthless. At least Morrow can shoot if guys get hurt again.

Dahntay is a much more complete player than Morrow. Just needed some new scenery. Played/shot well in Indiana.

Elite defender and attacks the rim ferociously and gets to the line (80% FT shooter). Like Ferry said we needed some more toughness/aggressiveness. Morrow is redundant with Jenkins and Korver.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

It's you.

Ferry made the right calls here. We took a chance that JS would up his value without JJ and either we'd get our money's worth by resigning him or we'd get good return in trading him. It hasn't happened yet and may not, but it's hard to get upset that Ferry couldn't trade away one of the worst contracts in NBA history, one of the worst #2 picks in history, AND get top dollar for JS in the same, first week of his tenure.

Ferry seems to be thinking a deal or two ahead of most of us. We found out months later we traded for the additional right to exchange picks with NJ in 2015! Many get up in arms about Morrow being traded only to see that it allows us to get a maturing, athletic, uber-long center prospect for nothing. Ferry doesn't just make most GMs look foolish, he makes his detractors look so, most of whom have had to back-track. We'll see in the future, but I like his chances and not trading and expiring Josh doesn't change that.

W

I have said before, I will say again. Ferry probably will resign Josh at 5 years 70 Million before it's all over.

• Like 1

I have said before, I will say again. Ferry probably will resign Josh at 5 years 70 Million before it's all over.

With the right other move(s) that might even be good. I'm admittedly at a loss as to how quickly JS will decline and that is my major concern when it comes to resigning him. He's athletic and that goes early but he also works very hard and wants it very much and that doesn't go away. Man I wish we had changed coaches to better evaluate him this year.

Frankly, I'm not sure which is more ideal, JS for say $65 mil over 5 years (new CBA is a tough pill to swallow JS.) and another top tier FA or 2 OR something of value for JS that may be more in line with a rebuild.

W

• Like 1

we also have to realise that josh shot himself in the leg & complicated the trade scenario when he cried MAX. from this he should realise hey, peoplelove my hipe & potential but im not max status.if hes smart he should grab 5yrs at 75 million & run.to sign with us.

• Like 1

Diesel . . . the "newness" of Ferry hasn't worn off yet. He still has to get credit for flipping your boy Marvin into Devin Harris and basically using the JJ trade in order to sign Lou Williams and Kyle Korver. Now granted, those moves haven't made us better on the floor, but it does set us up better financially for the future. And for fans, that's about all we have to hold onto.

But we'll see what people think of him once he hits free agency this summer. The REAL legacy of Ferry will probably come in what to do with Josh Smith, and with the coach next year.

Will he re-sign Josh Smith to a long term deal that basically keeps him the face of the franchise? Will he think that Drew deserves another 3 years, or will he go out and get his own guy? And if he goes out and gets his own guy, will that coach be able to take whatever team Ferry constructs to the next level?

He's not Rick Sund, but he's no Daryl Morey either.

• Like 1

Think he is tougher behind the scenes. He held his ground when he didn't get what he wanted. Something to be said for that.

It doesn't take a genius to keep a player on your team because you didn't like what the other teams offer. A bad deal is just that. You don't give someone props for doing their job.