• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al turning into a poor man's Karl Malone?

TheNorthCydeRises

I think that was Diesel's prediction of Al about 2 years ago. That he had the potential to be a Karl Malone type player. Dude is looking like a monster recently. Not quite on Karl's level, but highly efficient nonetheless.

On the verge of a 20 point - 20 rebound game as I type this . . and the 3rd quarter isn't even over yet.

Pistons have absoluely no answer for Al, Josh, and Teague tonight. And now even Korver is heating up.

• Like 1

Pau Gasol type player? I no im prolly gonna get a ton of hate for saying that but its true.

Can play both outside and inside. Has the pick and pop on lock. Can pass the ball great for a center. If you look at the statline its pretty much the same across the board for them besides the fact that Pau ppg for career is a bit higher. But given the touches, AL has proven he can put up those type of numbers.

I'm sorry, I had to do a double take on who started this thread. I was wondering how Nbasuperstar40 got unbanned.

I'm pretty sure that dude had manifested somewhere on the board, can't put a finger on which poster it is...

Horford is playing like a grown man but it's only a week. If he's putting up 20 and 10 for the season he's officially in the discussion for a franchise player. Josh had a 24 - 10 - 4.5 month last season.

Al has to develop a reliable down low move, just one. And oh yeah, he recorded 23 and 22 playing center last game. If he could do better than that as a PF, I'm sure Ferry would have pulled the trigger on a serviceable center. The main reason he can score well at C is because no center can guard him out on the perimeter especially on the hot streak he's on. Other 4s are much better perimeter defenders thus limiting his production.

• Like 2

Pau Gasol type player? I no im prolly gonna get a ton of hate for saying that but its true.

Can play both outside and inside. Has the pick and pop on lock. Can pass the ball great for a center. If you look at the statline its pretty much the same across the board for them besides the fact that Pau ppg for career is a bit higher. But given the touches, AL has proven he can put up those type of numbers.

I think Pau is much more finesse than Al. Al can get physical and bang inside. I think Gasol shies away from physical play a lot. The comparison is pretty good though.

I think that was Diesel's prediction of Al about 2 years ago. That he had the potential to be a Karl Malone type player. Dude is looking like a monster recently. Not quite on Karl's level, but highly efficient nonetheless.

On the verge of a 20 point - 20 rebound game as I type this . . and the 3rd quarter isn't even over yet.

Pistons have absoluely no answer for Al, Josh, and Teague tonight. And now even Korver is heating up.

Probably just having a hot streak.

• Premium Member

I've seen Josh have these spectacular weeks before... And he is still the same old bad Josh.

I hope LD realizes the offense HAS to go through Al, because Josh is most likely a goner in the offseason and al needs to get a grasp of what is like to be the focus of the opponent's defense. He's our only All-star now, and we need him to keep playing at this level.

Run the offense through Al and Teague and we'll be OK.

GO RO-BOSS!

• Premium Member

Al could be a #1 option if we just fed the guy. I've always said he could be a 20/10 guy at PF. Get rid of Chucker McChucker in the offseason and get a real center to move Al to PF and we're moving up in the world.

Lol @ Chucker McChucker. Good one. Sounds like a new nickname has been found for when he gets out of line.
  • Like 1