• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can we get a "cease-fire" on Josh negativity please? . . .

TheNorthCydeRises

. . . at least until he does something extremely negative this series.

If these are his last days as a Hawk, he's playing at a high enough level as to not get much criticism from me. I honestly wish he'd play like this all the time. People would be much more tolerant of him.

So until he does something really horrible in this series that leads him to having a bad game, or the Hawks losing, we need a temporary "cease-fire" on Josh.

• Like 1

I started a thread years and years back about Al Harrington being addition versus subtraction. It sparked quite a debate and the same thread about Smith will draw some controversy. It is what it is stats be damned championship teams have players like Smith as their 3rd best player. Good luck to Houston giving him a max contract and running out Jeremy Lin, James harden (who has been exposed in the playoffs) to win a title. They would have about as much a chance As the scrub team we have rolled out there this season as we ferry has tried to avoid long term deals on favor of cap space.

• Premium Member

. . . at least until he does something extremely negative this series.

If these are his last days as a Hawk, he's playing at a high enough level as to not get much criticism from me. I honestly wish he'd play like this all the time. People would be much more tolerant of him.

So until he does something really horrible in this series that leads him to having a bad game, or the Hawks losing, we need a temporary "cease-fire" on Josh.

Your bar is way too low!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I am up for it. He is doing better than expected so far in the playoffs and we are at the end. Plus, we've all said it a million times before. For now, it can simply be:

Go Hawks!

• Like 1

Josh's numbers in this series so far

18.5 ppg

7.8 rebs

4.5 asst

1.5 stls

0.3 blks ( only 1 block in this entire series )

50% FG

29% 3FG

48% FT

Plus he has been instrumental in slowing down Paul George.

He gets a pass from me if he keeps playing like that. Of course the 3 point attempts ( and some of the long 2's ) need to stop . . . especially when the Hawks need a critical basket. But I'm not going to dog him just to be dogging him. If I dog him, it's going to be for a reason.

Well Im 50-50 with this....

First off Josh Smith is suppose to be our star player so automatically he's already depended on. Second Josh Smith though he had an awesome game it could have easily went the other way in game 4, remember Smith helped the pacers come back in the 3rd quarter with the bad shot selection but a awesome 4th quarter kept Josh on our good side.

A long time hawks fan is going to look at that last game and say "Josh played like Josh always does except this time his shots actually dropped in critical times of the game....was it luck? probably so"

Thats no disrespect to Josh because he is trying but EVERYBODY knows that Josh takes bad shots and his shots on a normal bases usually never go in! his teammates know it, hawks fans know it, nba players know it, nba coaches know it, the pacers know it, etc. Just because those shots went in last game dont mean he need to bring that same dumb shot selection in game 5 hoping for a miracle again.

So no Josh will continue to be blamed for his play because he is suppose to be our star, he takes dumb shots, and most know he got lucky in game 4. Stupid play just cant be rewarded....even if it turns out good every once in a while...sorry.

So if Josh misses that last 3-pointer and we end up losing that game (very possible scenario if that 3 didn't fall like it usually doesn't), then would you still be hailing Josh like this. Too short sighted for my taste. Gotta see the big picture. I'll reconsider my views of Brick if he leads us to the Finals. Nothing less at this point will change my 9-year built perception.

• Premium Member

Yeah....no. For two reasons. Two valid reasons, North:

Reason #1) Josh is a threat to screw us over on any given critical play. This is the playoffs. This is where every single play is precious. And this is the guy that continues to "practice" jumpshots. This is the equivalent of doctor trying to stitch someone up, and a nurse walking in and turning the lights out every 20 seconds or so. It's counterproductive, not smart, and at the very least...annoying.

Reason #2) If I jump off of a roof because I believe I can fly...and I fall and bust my leg...I expect you to call me a dumbass. Josh has put in work over the past 3 or 4 years to earn his criticism. I'm not going to deny him of it during the most critical games of the season.

• Like 2

I cannot. My familiarity has bred too much contempt. All-Star size and skills, 12th man awareness. Let Josh tell it, all the negativity fuels him anyway so we're just doing our jobs as Hawk Fans.

Edited by benhillboy

Last night, instead of ISO JJ, who is no longer here, Hawks tried

ISO Josh and we know the results.

Come heck or high water, Josh will be Josh. When he's good, he's

very, very good and when he's bad, he's awful. He started this way

and when he ends his career here, whether it be this playoff series

or when he finally retires from the NBA as an old man, he will not

change who he is.

• Premium Member

Last night, instead of ISO JJ, who is no longer here, Hawks tried

ISO Josh and we know the results.

Come heck or high water, Josh will be Josh. When he's good, he's