• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2013 Summer Dynasty Draft

AHF

By the rules its your pick. He had eight hours from 7:00 am to make his selection and was PMd last night around 2:00 am or earlier. If I miss my pick, I miss it. Everyone here knows the rules, so I don't think Cap is going to think we did anything underhanded.

8. Time Limits: We'll start off with an 8 hour time limit for each pick (see note on nighttime shutdown). So when the person before you picks, you have 8 hours from then to make your selection or you are skipped. If you are skipped, the next person's clock starts and they have 8 hours. You may make up skipped picks at any time. Just post who you want when you get back to the thread. We may decrease time limit if the draft drags to a crawl and people aren’t expected to take that long if they are available. Draft moving smoothly, but we'll decide that as a group.

One Caveat: The clock does not run from 10pm-7am EST. So if team 5 makes a selection at 9pm then team 6 has until 2pm the next day (1 hour until 10pm then 7 hours after 7am.)

Edited by Buzzard

Mr capstone21 didn't get PMed at the time I made my selection late last night. However, I did PM him this morning @ 7:08 am.Maybe the rule should be that people should get 10 hours during weekend hours. Unless you live out west or along the gulf coast, it's a great day outside. I say give cap an extension to make his pick. We do have all summer to do this.

• Like 1

Mr capstone21 didn't get PMed at the time I made my selection late last night. However, I did PM him this morning @ 7:08 am.

Maybe the rule should be that people should get 10 hours during weekend hours. Unless you live out west or along the gulf coast, it's a great day outside. I say give cap an extension to make his pick. We do have all summer to do this.

Maybe you should be skipped once for not PMing him Posted Image

It does not matter to me. By the rules its MrNique's pick. If he wants to wait his whole eight hours that is a option he can definitely apply.

I am at my parents place with my girlfriend this weekend. She is meeting my family and all that so I have been focused elsewhere. There are some nice teams forming out there for sure though.

Maybe you should be skipped once for not PMing him :devil: It does not matter to me. By the rules its MrNique's pick. If he wants to wait his whole eight hours that is a option he can definitely apply.

Pming him at 7:08 am still gives him 8 hours. The clock doesn't run from the time he made his pick, 2:07AM to 7:00 AM any way.I don't get what you have to be upset about........unless your being sarcastic. It's hard to tell the difference on a message board. Edited by coachx

• Moderators

Pming him at 7:08 am still gives him 8 hours. The clock doesn't run from the time he made his pick, 2:07AM to 7:00 AM any way.I don't get what you have to be upset about........unless your being sarcastic. It's hard to tell the difference on a message board.

Buzz was just j#shing around. (As in kidding around, not lofting errant long-range jumpers.)

And I agree, if it's 7:08 a.m. EST as the PM marking time, then 3:08 p.m. was adequate time.

~lw3

• Like 3

Pming him at 7:08 am still gives him 8 hours. The clock doesn't run from the time he made his pick, 2:07AM to 7:00 AM any way.I don't get what you have to be upset about........unless your being sarcastic. It's hard to tell the difference on a message board.

Being sarcastic. The rule is from the time you make your pick not when you get PMd. I am 20 some odd picks away and have no thoughts of getting in a pick at all today.

Point is Cap has had his eight hours and if MrNique holds the draft up for him, he is doing it at the expense of others who may not be able to get their pick in tonight; but might be able to today.

Its not all about Cap or our feelings. There are 17 other GMs who are playing by the rules also to take into consideration.

• Like 1

It's my first year drafting so I didn't want to be a d**k. I was running errands so he got some extra time. Finishing late lunch and then I'll go ahead and make my pick at 5 EST.

You are not a d*ck man. You are just worried about what others ( old timers ) will think of you. I am way to thick skinned for that.

Edited by Buzzard

You are not a dork man. You are just worried about what others ( old timers ) will think of you. I am way to thick skinned for that.

I don't think he meant dork lol

I agree that Cap has had plenty of time and I'm sure he wouldn't want us waiting around for him. He's probably busy and will come back and make his pick when he has time. I say go ahead and make your pick Nique.

Maybe you should be skipped once for not PMing him Posted Image

It does not matter to me. By the rules its MrNique's pick. If he wants to wait his whole eight hours that is a option he can definitely apply.

Right.

Skip me for not PM'ing a guy at 2 am, but turned around and still did it at 7 am ( when his time on the clock would've started anyway ).

Get a grip man. This isn't some life or death situation, or even something in which we're all going to win some money. We're simply doing this for fun. Most of us have lives outside of Hawksquawk and don't have time to watch this forum every 4 hours or so.

I'm simply giving Cap the benefit of the doubt for it being the weekend. And maybe he had something else FAR MORE IMPORTANT to do, than to make some fantasy pick that isn't even a legit fantasy pick.

If my turn comes up again, and it's the overnight, I'll make SURE to not only PM him when I make my selection, but I'll also make sure to not make an "after hours" pick at all, and use up most of my time before making my pick. That way, someone wouldn't have to be forced to make a pick at 3 in the afternoon, if they have something to do.

Hell, even I could've waited until 3PM to make my pick. I might just do that next time, since you want to have a fit about it.

• Like 1

I don't think he meant dork lol

I agree that Cap has had plenty of time and I'm sure he wouldn't want us waiting around for him. He's probably busy and will come back and make his pick when he has time. I say go ahead and make your pick Nique.

I fixed it but yea, he did not mean dork lmao.

Hell, even I could've waited until 3PM to make my pick. I might just do that next time, since you want to have a fit about it.

What ever floats your boat man. You do get eight hours lmao