• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks may look to make a splash on draft night by trading up or for veteran player

Admin

My whole worry is that Ferry might be scrambling to get something done just in case Paul and Howard don't want to come here. I'm scared to death he's going mess with our cap flexibility just so we can "compete". Heck, he might bring in a veteran but still fail to attract Howard and Paul.

Which guy would that be?

Whatever guy this rumor is saying we might trade our first round picks for. If him being on this roster doesn't help us compete against the Pacers,Bulls,Heat,etc, I don't want this move being made.

Edited by Zone

My whole worry is that Ferry might be scrambling to get something done just in case Paul and Howard don't want to come here. I'm scared to death he's going mess with our cap flexibility just so we can "compete". Heck, he might bring in a veteran but still fail to attract Howard and Paul.

Whatever guy this rumor is saying we might trade our first round picks for. If him being on this roster doesn't help us compete against Pacers,Bulls,Heat,etc, I don't want this move being made.

That would be extremely odd for Ferry to do something like that after he worked so hard to get us this flexibility. I don't see him throwing it away on anyone who's not worth it.

• Moderators

Danny Granger, come on down!

Big fan of Danny Granger but I wonder who we sign to go with Horford/Granger and how healthy Granger is. That's $26 mil in salary right there + Lou and Jenkins + holds and other mess. Dwight/CP3 would be out of the question and I doubt either of them are interested to play with Horford/Granger on their own.

TEAGUE S&T for Kidd-GilchrestTrade up pick BurkeJosh for the gaurd from celtics (cant remember his name but, he played for Texas) and money fillerTank and hope for WigginsThat leaves us with:HorfordKidd-GilchrestWiggins/ LouBurke/ dude from Celts who plays d and s a spurs type playerand we still have enough money to sign a max player next summer.

I would walk to the Hawks front office and strangle Ferry myself if he were to trade for Granger. Drastically overpaid and coming off of a serious injury. No thank you!

Yeah - it would be like taking on another "Speedy" contract - only after Speedy was already injured.

• Like 1

Big fan of Danny Granger but I wonder who we sign to go with Horford/Granger and how healthy Granger is. That's $26 mil in salary right there + Lou and Jenkins + holds and other mess. Dwight/CP3 would be out of the question and I doubt either of them are interested to play with Horford/Granger on their own.

Face it, Paul and Dwight is dead. We were already doing the cap mambo to fit them but now Paul has the coach he wanted and the Clippers are already entertaining moving Bledsoe....That means that they are pretty confident in keeping Paul.

Dwight never wanted to come here. He would have considered it with Paul but if he's not coming then neither is Dwight. Ferry has to move on, Granger is a shooting wing on only a one year deal. Great leader, work ethic and maintains future flexibility. I could see both our picks moved for Danny and Indy's #23. One of the C's or Franklin may still be there to develop behind Granger or battling out with Jenks.

• Like 1

TEAGUE S&T for Kidd-GilchrestTrade up pick BurkeJosh for the gaurd from celtics (cant remember his name but, he played for Texas) and money fillerTank and hope for WigginsThat leaves us with:HorfordKidd-GilchrestWiggins/ LouBurke/ dude from Celts who plays d and s a spurs type playerand we still have enough money to sign a max player next summer.

C'mon, man... Be realistic.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Face it, Paul and Dwight is dead. We were already doing the cap mambo to fit them but now Paul has the coach he wanted and the Clippers are already entertaining moving Bledsoe....That means that they are pretty confident in keeping Paul. Dwight never wanted to come here. He would have considered it with Paul but if he's not coming then neither is Dwight. Ferry has to move on, Granger is a shooting wing on only a one year deal. Great leader, work ethic and maintains future flexibility. I could see both our picks moved for Danny and Indy's #23. One of the C's or Franklin may still be there to develop behind Granger or battling out with Jenks.

I suppose your right but I'd hate to go ahead and throw in the towel two weeks before free agency starts after waiting all year. I think Horford/Granger would mesh well but they would still need a center. Maybe we do to Minne what Houston did to Chicago over Asik and steal Peks away. Peks/Horford/Granger wouldn't be bad or maybe we call up Sactown about Cousins. Cousins is cheap and is worth the firsts to me. IDK...

Teague being sign and traded to a team that already has Kemba, Sessions and Gordon for last year's #2 pick.

Magically trading nobody for Burke.

Sending Josh to Boston for a player making only 2.5 million.

Automatically being guaranteed Wiggins.

Pretty much the whole thing.

Thanks.

Not to mention we'd be the one of the worst shooting teams in the league starting both Bradley and MKG.

Teague being sign and traded to a team that already has Kemba, Sessions and Gordon for last year's #2 pick.Magically trading nobody for Burke.Sending Josh to Boston for a player making only 2.5 million.Automatically being guaranteed Wiggins.Pretty much the whole thingI'll concede the Teague thing although Charlotte is rumored to have MKG on the market and we are one of,the teams looking at him.We trade 17,18 and 47 to move up for Burke.Where did I say it automatically guarantees Wiggins?And I said Josh for Bradley and fillers.