• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks may look to make a splash on draft night by trading up or for veteran player

Admin

Dolfan where did you hear the Wolves turned down that trade with Cleveland?

The Cleveland Cavaliers offered the No. 1 overall pick, Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Kevin Love, according to a source.

The Wolves rejected the trade offer and hope to build around Love under Flip Saunders.

The thinking from the Cavaliers' perspective would be to pair Kyrie Irving with a legitimate All-Star in Love.

The Cavaliers have reportedly not decided on who to select first overall and also continue to look for a trade of the selection.

• Like 1

It was all over the Twitterverse yesterday afternoon / evening

What do you think of it? I think Minnesota should have done that deal. They aren't challenging anyone in the west any time soon.

Rubio, Waiters, AK, DWill, Pek

Plus three first round picks. 1,9, and 26 I think.

What do you think of it? I think Minnesota should have done that deal. They aren't challenging anyone in the west any time soon. Rubio, Waiters, AK, DWill, Pek Plus three first round picks. 1,9, and 26 I think.

As much as I am not a Waiters fan I think they should have taken it and then re-signed Pek. Thompson is a nice player and they could get Noel to groom slowly. Williams / Thompson is a nice pair at PF and they'd have 2 more picks to get players too.

The Cleveland Cavaliers offered the No. 1 overall pick, Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Kevin Love, according to a source.

The Wolves rejected the trade offer and hope to build around Love under Flip Saunders.

The thinking from the Cavaliers' perspective would be to pair Kyrie Irving with a legitimate All-Star in Love.

The Cavaliers have reportedly not decided on who to select first overall and also continue to look for a trade of the selection.

This begs the question.

Would Ferry (you) trade Al Horford for the #1 pick ?

Then trade 17 / 18 for the highest draft pick possible ?

Perhaps you end up with either Lin or Noel at #1 and then take the best wing available with your pick 4-9 ? Maybe Porter, Oladipo, McLemore, or KCP. Maybe look at MCW or Burk ?

We would then probably be in the lottery again next year with a good chance at another top 5 pick.

If your going to blow it up this is how its done.

Hmmmmmmmm

This begs the question.

Would Ferry (you) trade Al Horford for the #1 pick ?

Then trade 17 / 18 for the highest draft pick possible ?

Perhaps you end up with either Lin or Noel at #1 and then take the best wing available with your pick 4-9 ? Maybe Porter, Oladipo, McLemore, or KCP. Maybe look at MCW or Burk ?

We would then probably be in the lottery again next year with a good chance at another top 5 pick.

If your going to blow it up this is how its done.

Hmmmmmmmm

I would trade Horf for last year's #1 pick Anthony Davis. Not anyone in this year's class.

Would Ferry (you) trade Al Horford for the #1 pick ? was his question.

No offense to Anthony Davis or Noel but I never saw the star potential in these guys and I doubt they become stars. ......I just don't see it...block shots in college don't impress me! Just sayin However to answer the question if wiggins was in this draft then hell yeah you make that trade without thinking twice.

No offense to Anthony Davis or Noel but I never saw the star potential in these guys and I doubt they become stars.......I just don't see it...block shots in college don't impress me! Just sayinHowever to answer the question if wiggins was in this draft then hell yeah you make that trade without thinking twice.

Anthony is going to be a top 5 player in the NBA in two to three years. Hell yeah I'll take Davis. Noel? nope! He will be a good player, nothing special.

As far as the big splash for a proven veteran player....I think ferry should grab a guy that had all star potential but won't hurt our chances at getting Paul and Howard.But I will say this if Ferry can get his hands on getting Lamarcus Alridge here...that deal will be made and him and horford will be great together not good but great!And for the record just to let you guys know...if we landed LA he would play center not pf or him and horford will just be versatile and switching depending on match ups! But LA is 7 foot with shoes on he is a perfect fit with horford and they are both around the same age at 27 I believe....so yeah I'm for LA or cousins! That would solve the big man search! We should then pick up granger for a year or get Lou dieng! These are moves that put us in contention with the pacers!So my dream scenario is this:Trade for LA or CousinsSign granger to a 1 year deal or take on Diengs contract. Draft Muhammad or Ewing jr.Point guad position I don't know....sign Teague or try the kid out from overseas that rumors are saying we are looking into

Any interest in any of these guys?

Andrew Perna: #Pelicans are making Eric Gordon "very available," according to source. Demps wouldn't promise he'd be back after season. Twitter @Andrew_Perna

While attention in Philadelphia is focused on the future of free-agent center Andrew Bynum, none of his rivals would be surprised if Hinkie used this week to begin a shakeup. Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, Thaddeus Young and Spencer Hawes would be the Philadelphia veterans who would draw the most interest, depending on Hinkie's yet-to-be-defined preferences. SI.com

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#tiiaxBU2SAOQkUJc.99

Agree with JTB. Davis looks like his ceiling is the old version of Marcus Camby. Never got the hype for him on the NBA level. Was certainly special in college, just don't see skinny post players translating well to the NBA.

No, this is flat out wrong. Davis as a 19 year old rookie just had a better year than Camby compared to every season Camby has played with the only exception being 2000-01. Davis can be one the best players in the NBA in two years. I think he could be right below of Lebron and ahead of Durant.

• Like 2

No, this is flat out wrong. Davis as a 19 year old rookie just had a better year than Camby compared to every season Camby has played with the only exception being 2000-01. Davis can be one the best players in the NBA in two years. I think he could be right below of Lebron and ahead of Durant.

You are absolutely right, Anthony Davis will be BEAST.

You are absolutely right, Anthony Davis will be BEAST.

It's funny, someone texted me and said, Davis is a bust. I was like how. I actually watch NO games, he's pretty good. Offensively, he is no where near as impactful as he can be but defensively, I would say he is already one of the best in the NBA. Top 20-25 at worst. You know, people think he should be killing everyone as a rookie and being an All Star as a rookie. He was hurt too much and his mins where somewhat limited. With that said, he has the ability to be a great offensive and defensive player in a couple of years.

• Like 1

Any interest in any of these guys?

Andrew Perna: #Pelicans are making Eric Gordon "very available," according to source. Demps wouldn't promise he'd be back after season. Twitter @Andrew_Perna

While attention in Philadelphia is focused on the future of free-agent center Andrew Bynum, none of his rivals would be surprised if Hinkie used this week to begin a shakeup. Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, Thaddeus Young and Spencer Hawes would be the Philadelphia veterans who would draw the most interest, depending on Hinkie's yet-to-be-defined preferences. SI.com

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#tiiaxBU2SAOQkUJc.99

I would take Jrue in a heartbeat. For whatever....