• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks may look to make a splash on draft night by trading up or for veteran player

Admin

Maybe defensively Dieng will be better but LA has one of the best offensive games among the PFs in the league and I can't ever imagine Dieng being anywhere near that skilled on that side of the ball... Though he may end up better defensively.

We shall see. I like Aldridge but don't view him as the elite player you guys do. Def not someone that CP3 would go out of his way to play with. There are going to be some steals in this draft and that's a fact.

Edited by Ruckus
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I'm a big fan of Aldridge and would love having him as our starting center, but the Cavs have already taken a stab at him and the Blazers turned it down. They dangled the first pick in the draft, Waiters, and a future. We have nothing to offer them and a trade exception does nothing for Portland.

yea 30 with knee problems. If we wanted him so bad we could just go after him next offseason. Giving up assets for him on a 1 year deal does nothing for us.

It fills the cap and gets us to next season. Who knows, maybe we resign Granger cheap in 2014 and bring in one of the marquee guys next offseason.

We'd still have a max slot though so a free agent C is still in the mix.

There are only two guys in this free agency that is worth a max deal and I doubt any of them would be excited to play with Horford/Granger on their own. Bynum isn't worth a max with his history. Peks is possible but how do we know he didn't just have one good year. A trade for Cousins would be the only thing I'd go for... Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

I'm a big fan of Aldridge and would love having him as our starting center, but the Cavs have already taken a stab at him and the Blazers turned it down. They dangled the first pick in the draft, Waiters, and a future. We have nothing to offer them and a trade exception does nothing for Portland.

You sure about that? I know Cleveland offered that to Minnesota for Love and got rejected but I didn't hear they offered that for LA as well.

Cousins would be my first and second plan of attack if I'm making moves. Btw anyone else picture Dave Chappelle when someone says "making moves"? That's from one of his stand up acts where he talks about crackheads making moves. Off topic I know but that's what I do!

• Like 1

Last year I thought the Celtics had 2 steals in Sullinger and Melo and so far they've been complete disappointments. You never know how prospects that deep into the 1st will turn out.

Shit, you never know how lotto picks are gonna turn out either. I'm a firm believer in the power of the system and opportunity. There is alot of wasted talent out there. Of course, some picks are just plain bad. And the Hawks have had quite a few of them.

Was that the Chappelle DC stand up?

Yep I think that was the one. Still my favorite stand up show ever. "I didn't know I could do that officer. You didn't know you could do that? That was pretty good wasn't it, because I did know I couldn't do that!""White guys hanging out with black guys are the scariest mf'ers in them groups cause you never know what they did to earn them black dudes respect!"

• Moderators
You sure about that? I know Cleveland offered that to Minnesota for Love and got rejected but I didn't hear they offered that for LA as well.
I admit I got the two stories twisted a little but the Blazers did turn down the Cavs:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/228359/Blazers-Reject-Trade-Of-LaMarcus-Aldridge-For-Nos-1-19-PicksSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think our two picks could get us LA or Deng. Both guys are all-star level players and I think most here are severely underrating Luol Deng. He can get to the basket, hit the outside shot, and give you hell on defense. You want an awesome SF - Deng would be the guy...not Danny Granger.

How does LA make any sense for this team? We have been yapping for how many years now that Al needs to move to the PF position? C'mon now.

If we could get Deng somehow and then sign Splitter, I think that's a good start. A Deng, Horford, Splitter front line...

Edited by AHF

There are only two guys in this free agency that is worth a max deal and I doubt any of them would be excited to play with Horford/Granger on their own. Bynum isn't worth a max with his history. Peks is possible but how do we know he didn't just have one good year. A trade for Cousins would be the only thing I'd go for...

I should clarify by saying we would still have a max amount of cap space to do whatever we like with including take a bad contract back with Cousins rather than we just have a slot specifically reserved for a single max player

I should also clarify before Fanatic raps my fingers with a ruler like sister Judith commonly did many years ago that this article may be bunk. Trading for a veteran means trading salary, the article states that we have only have 18 mil in guaranteed salary but that is after July 1st, we can't absorb a large amount of salary on draft night which means for this to go down we need to be sending back close to equal salary.

• Like 2

We need just about every position but PF and 6th man. Jenkins might be a very good role player but that depends in his development and the personnel. Some of the others are leaving Smoove and Harris and some are just greatly overrated (Teague).