• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks may look to make a splash on draft night by trading up or for veteran player

Admin

• Admin

Whew there is a lot of stink flying around here regarding Anthony Davis! You guys comparing him to Durant or thinking he will be the best PF in the game are on some good stuff!

Maybe this will be a nominee one day for the 'classic' forum

• Like 2

Maybe this will be a nominee one day for the 'classic' forum

He just put up 13.5 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.8 bpg and 1.2 spg in 28.8 minutes...

His true shooting is virtually identical to Horford's (.559 vs. .56). He hit his free throws. He's 20. On a per minute basis, he was better than Lilliard this year.

I apologize for things getting off topic, but the dude is a baller. A 2-way big man in the mold of Kevin Garnett. I guess we'll see for sure in three years or so, but I'd place money on it barring injury.

• Like 1

He just put up 13.5 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.8 bpg and 1.2 spg in 28.8 minutes...

His true shooting is virtually identical to Horford's (.559 vs. .56). He hit his free throws. He's 20. On a per minute basis, he was better than Lilliard this year.

I apologize for things getting off topic, but the dude is a baller. A 2-way big man in the mold of Kevin Garnett. I guess we'll see for sure in three years or so, but I'd place money on it barring injury.

He's good but he's got a long way to go to be in Kevin Love's class as the best PF in the game.

• Premium Member

Remember when Ferry came on board and what he said? He wants a veteran star player to anchor this team. As we discussed then, I believe it will be by trade. I personally do not see more than a 10% chance of Howard and CP3 coming here, they just don't want to be in Atlanta. As a matter of fact besides Iggy I don't see any major free agent coming our way, we have space and the ability to make trades with draft picks and bring in veteran talent.Just my .02

What superstar is out there that we can trade for though? Kevin Love is the only name I see being thrown out there and the TWolves are shooting those rumors down as fast as they show up.

I don't even see Love as a superstar.

We can only get a superstar via the draft if CP3/D12 aren't coming to Atlanta.

Superstar no, but he's the best PF in the game. He wouldn't be a good fit to Al anyway unless we're planning on keeping him at C. Plus Minnesota are unlikely to trade him for anything we could offer.

Pretty much.

Love is a good player, but I'm not sure about a Love/Al front court I like it better than a Jefferson/Al front court though.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Superstar no, but he's the best PF in the game. He wouldn't be a good fit to Al anyway unless we're planning on keeping him at C. Plus Minnesota are unlikely to trade him for anything we could offer.

I still think the best PF is Tim Duncan. Everyone else like Horf, LMA, Love, Griffin, and Z-Bo are interchangable.

• Like 1

• Moderators

What superstar is out there that we can trade for though? Kevin Love is the only name I see being thrown out there and the TWolves are shooting those rumors down as fast as they show up.

I wouldn't mind trading for D-Cuz and Granger and then signing Iggy (not saying they are superstars).

C - Cousins ($4.9 mil expiring RFA)

PF - Horford ($12 mil)

SF - Granger ($14 mil expiring)

SG - Iguodala ($12 mil)

PG - Teague ($6 mil)

Total: $49 mil for starters, vet mins and one year deals to get us to the 2014 offseason.

That is the 3rd best team in the East behind the dying Miami Heat and the Pacers. That team is also a good mixture of scoring and defense, meshes well, and fits under the cap. Bud's type of team that matches up well vs. Miami. Then in 2014, we either let Granger walk or resign him to a team-friendly deal and for Iggy, he has about the length of that contract left in him. Plus, I'd give us rights over Cousins due to him being a RFA in 2014.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind trading for D-Cuz and Granger and then signing Iggy (not saying they are superstars).

PF - Horford ($12 mil)

SG - Iguodala ($12 mil)

PG - Teague ($6 mil)

Total: $49 mil for starters, vet mins and one year deals to get us to the 2014 offseason.

That is the 3rd best team in the East behind the dying Miami Heat and the Pacers. That team is also a good mixture of scoring and defense, meshes well, and fits under the cap. Bud's type of team that matches up well vs. Miami. Then in 2014, we either let Granger walk or resign him to a team-friendly deal and for Iggy, he has about the length of that contract left in him. Plus, I'd give us rights over Cousins due to him being a RFA in 2014.

I don't think that team is all that great and once Cousins is a FA, he will want max money. This looks like the Joe Johnson era Hawks team in terms of peak.

Also, you think Sac will trade Cousins?

PF - Horford ($12 mil)

SG - Iguodala ($12 mil)

PG - Teague ($6 mil)

That team beats the Pacers, but the Pacers would be able to take their Granger TPE that they'd get for trading him to us for cap space and they'd be able to get a real nice player with it.

the kings arent trading cousins and we dont even have enough assets to get him if hes available.

There in lies our delima - we just don't have any assest to trades. Al, Lou and Jenks, that's all folks. We have our picks this year and future picks.

There in lies our delima - we just don't have any assest to trades. Al, Lou and Jenks, that's all folks. We have our picks this year and future picks.

We really only have one asset right now. That's why rebuilding is likely the best option unless we want to go through the spin cycle of being in the middle. It doesn't even look likely we will get that top 5 pick after all.

Duncan is still terrific but he's not going to be putting up any 30/30 games anytime soon. Love was hurt last year so his perception is down but I still think he's the best PF in the game. Duncan probably affects the game in more ways but the ways that Love impacts the game are by a wider margin.