• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have extended a Q/O to Teague

ATLscrubLove

We may be getting ahead of ourselves with Dennis. He seems really talented, but this is the NBA we are talking about and he will be a 19yr old Rookie. Teague has performed well as the starting PG and has only improved from season to season. He will be awesome next season as the starting PG for the Hawks and everyone will be glad that we retained him.

with a real scheme oriented coach also.. could work well 4 a change..

We need to be more concerned with signing Bynum to move Al to the 4

So I guess that answers the question about if we are tanking next season or not. If Teague does return and we add any mediocre SF FA we will make the playoffs next year in the awful East. I'm ok with staying competitive. Guys like Pek and Evans I could see as pieces to a rebuild also. Iggy and Jefferson not so much. I've been on the Pek bandwagon all season. I'd honestly rather have him than Dwight from a specifically bball standpoint. But I do understand all of the other perks landing a Dwight would have as well. But Pek for 12 vs. Dwight for 18 is def not an easy decision from a bball standpoint.

• Like 1

So I guess that answers the question about if we are tanking next season or not. If Teague does return and we add any mediocre SF FA we will make the playoffs next year in the awful East. I'm ok with staying competitive. Guys like Pek and Evans I could see as pieces to a rebuild also. Iggy and Jefferson not so much. I've been on the Pek bandwagon all season. I'd honestly rather have him than Dwight from a specifically bball standpoint. But I do understand all of the other perks landing a Dwight would have as well. But Pek for 12 vs. Dwight for 18 is def not an easy decision from a bball standpoint.

this answer doesnt anything. Ferry wasnt just going to let a young asset walk away for nothing regardless if we are tanking or not.

This is likely only so we will have the right to match a deal or to SnT him. I highly doubt he will be our PG next year.

Are you kidding me....Teague will absolutely be our point guard next year....depending how well Schröder comes along. In fact he would make a great trade chip in Feb at the very least

• Like 3

this answer doesnt anything. Ferry wasnt just going to let a young asset walk away for nothing regardless if we are tanking or not.
A QO means he is prepared to bring him back even if no one else offers him anything.

This is likely only so we will have the right to match a deal or to SnT him. I highly doubt he will be our PG next year.

I would be shocked if we don't match a reasonable offer for Teague.I can't see Ferry depending on a 19 year old to be our starting PG. Teague is a nice poker chip to have. Edited by coachx
  • Like 2

A qualifying offer also means we've given up on having enough cap space to sign two max players. In other words, Ferry's throwing in the towel on CP3 (as he should, obviously).

QOs can be rescinded. He is not bound by the QO.

Edited by GameTime