• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chernoff wants us to take BOTH Asik and Lin

Admin

6'9 200 lbs, highly athletic, on a very cheap rookie contract at 900k each of the next 2 years. Had 7 win shares last year, which would have been better than anyone on the Hawks except for Al. Oh yeah he's a former Gator so Al probably likes him.

Last year averaged 15 points, 5 boards, 3.5 assists while shooting 49% overall, 39% from 3 and he also averaged 1 steal per game.

My mind might be more open if he was in the deal, but I bet they will not do that even though he will want a bigger pay day sooner or later.

because he wasnt a superstar overnight. That what these fans want. Unless u come as an already built star the ship em out. They're as bad as our previous vet happy non developing coaches. Loser mentality I always talk about. They will make excuses all day for Marvin and Josh but the guy that's actually seriously developing his game and getting better gets the hate smh ...oh yeah these are the same fans ready to tab a 19 year old rookie french fry built german PG as the future of the team without seeing him play a minute on an NBA court lmao

While I agree with most of your points..... I believe you told everyone Acie Law was going to be a star in this league... Dude can't sniff China now... "Probably Woodsons fault"That aside Teague should be resigned and Chernoff knows nothing about the NBA, NFL, or MLB. So there's that

• Premium Member

I swear Lin had me fooled boy. I thought he was a 200 pound Nash with decent D. Turns out he's a pretty good backup PG and off guard when playing with a great guard. Wouldn't want any part of him while Schröder projects better in a few years. How amazing is it that both Lin and Tebow had miraculous 2 month runs in the same year? That was crazy and probably won't be seen again in our lifetime: fringe players getting All-Pro or All-Star results for a third of the season. Something tells me Yasiel Puig is here to stay.

I think Lin's run was far more impressive, the guy was playing amazing. Tebow was winning games in the flukiest ways possible, and while fun to watch, I think most objective observers still understood that the guy was sort of a joke at QB.After his sensational breakout months, Lin was a pretty big disappointment last year, but in his defense he did improve as the year went on and showed some upside. If he had a reasonable contract, I'd be on board. At his current price tag, I'd stick with Schröder and Teague all day every day and twice on sunday.

Exactly Dolfan. Could care less if we help make Houston a good team. Although, does anyone think Howard and Josh combo will translate to greatness? Me neither.Asik would help us fill up cap, and we can trade him at the trade deadline for more assets.

• Like 1

6'9 200 lbs, highly athletic, on a very cheap rookie contract at 900k each of the next 2 years. Had 7 win shares last year, which would have been better than anyone on the Hawks except for Al. Oh yeah he's a former Gator so Al probably likes him.

Last year averaged 15 points, 5 boards, 3.5 assists while shooting 49% overall, 39% from 3 and he also averaged 1 steal per game.

Parsons is a stud. Top 10 SF, right there with Gallinari and Batum except making about a tenth of what they do.

• Like 1

My mind might be more open if he was in the deal, but I bet they will not do that even though he will want a bigger pay day sooner or later.

I highly doubt they trade Parsons, but if they want us to bend over by taking Lin with Asik then they're going to give us some lube or they can kick rocks.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Tebow still got Denver to the playoffs and that counts for something. They looked dead before he took over.

Defense, the running game, and special teams also played a role. IMO Tebow was at the right place at the right time and got a lot of credit for putting Denver where they were, while he didn't necessarily earn all of it. I will say that It definitely would have been interesting if they had given him a shot at being Jets starter. We would have seen if he really did have the magic touch.

Defense, the running game, and special teams also played a role. IMO Tebow was at the right place at the right time and got a lot of credit for putting Denver where they were, while he didn't necessarily earn all of it. I will say that It definitely would have been interesting if they had given him a shot at being Jets starter. We would have seen if he really did have the magic touch.

He seemed to inspire the team overall.

So you'd rather we get nothing and just let Josh go vs getting assets to build OUR team? This is a business and I understand you feel sentimental towards Josh but we need to worry about Atlanta first and foremost.

??? This has nothing to do with Josh.

It has all to do with power and balance. Why help another team build another big 3? If we don't help... Josh will have to sign with someone else or us making the league more balance. The NBA is made up of about 8 strong teams. The rest of the league have no chance. So why help that trend continue?

Asik PER sucks for a big. If we do get him I hope I'm wrong...

I am pretty sure Danny will get the better deal if we do trade. He knows we have the leverage.

But I still think Dwight will pick us. :-)

1. Chernoff isn't nearly as knowledgable as he acts, and he's a jerk on the radio. He is why I almost never listen to 680 in the afternoon. 2. The tweets repping Hawksquawk were very well done! Logic and stats crushed the weak arguments that Chuck brought.3. Asik has a poison pill as well. We don't want TWO poison pills on the books.4. I would take Asik and something else. It's very possible a third team would need to be involved to send us a protected 1st-round pick, something like that.

• Like 1

It has all to do with power and balance. Why help another team build another big 3? If we don't help... Josh will have to sign with someone else or us making the league more balance. The NBA is made up of about 8 strong teams. The rest of the league have no chance. So why help that trend continue?

A couple of points:

[*]I think they can get Josh without our help. They could create cap space by unloading Asik/Lin elsewhere. (I could be wrong here, but I don't think so. Somebody will correct me if I am.)

[*]If we want to be one of the strong teams you mentioned, then we should jump at the opportunity to turn an unrestricted free agent into assets.

[*]I can understand not wanting to help build a big 3 in your own division, but this team isn't even in our conference.

If Dwight goes to Houston and if I'm correct in assuming DF and Bud do not plan on tanking, then it makes sense to send Josh to Houston in a S&T.

I think Lin's run was far more impressive, the guy was playing amazing. Tebow was winning games in the flukiest ways possible, and while fun to watch, I think most objective observers still understood that the guy was sort of a joke at

Oh, I'm well aware Bailey, Dawkins, Miller, Dumerville, Fox, and his staff had exponentially more to do with their run than Tebow. Winning in spite of him for 2 months was the miracle. I'll give McGahee and Moreno (can you stay healthy, guy!) some propers as well.I don't have a problem with Chernoff. I'm sure he realizes he comes off as a jerk, but I can't knock his knowledge of sports or controversial opinions. He isn't dumb by any stretch.And at 6'9, I'd like to see some more beef on Parsons than 200 lbs. Edited by benhillboy