• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ASIK You are Welcome Here in Atlanta.

Diesel

Not lazy players. Bring in young players that need to learn. 6 potential franchise players in this draft. No luck needed. We should get one of those picks.

Touche Atlanta.

Bynum mentality gets overblown. He is a tough player on the court.

Like Marvin?

• Like 2

Maybe Howard to Houston was contingent upon them getting Smith? And if they threaten to renege on that, they risk blowing up the whole Howard deal?

Not lazy players. Bring in young players that need to learn. 6 potential franchise players in this draft. No luck needed. We should get one of those picks.

Touche Atlanta.

Bynum mentality gets overblown. He is a tough player on the court.

We should? It's a chance, right? With quite a few teams that will definitely tank, it makes it more a risk. Houston didn't get Dwight by tanking. They got assets and traded for Harden, were outside the lottery, and this year landed the big fish. How many so-called can't miss guys do end up missing?It will take a couple of years, but the sounder plan is add assets and stay competitive, rather than hoping to be the one team that is lucky enough to land the superstar in the draft. JMO.

• Like 3

We should? It's a chance, right? With quite a few teams that will definitely tank, it makes it more a risk. Houston didn't get Dwight by tanking. They got assets and traded for Harden, were outside the lottery, and this year landed the big fish. How many so-called can't miss guys do end up missing?It will take a couple of years, but the sounder plan is add assets and stay competitive, rather than hoping to be the one team that is lucky enough to land the superstar in the draft. JMO.

You know what I thought of something. Get young players; run and gun and attempt to tank; Pad stats and increase their value; If we suck we suck; If make an 8th seed who cares. Horford (26-12); Teague (23-10) are NOW "Superstars'" and are worth more.

I don't think Ferry knew how tough of a sell Atlanta would be.

After sucking for so long I'm not sure how Ferry is expected to change it in one offseason. It's a start and something to build on, because like I said before the Hawks wouldn't have sniffed a D12 interview without Ferry.

After sucking for so long I'm not sure how Ferry is expected to change it in one offseason. It's a start and something to build on, because like I said before the Hawks wouldn't have sniffed a D12 interview without Ferry.

The Hawks were literally last out of like 6 teams though. GS jumped out of nowhere because they took a chance on Mark Jackson and tanked for Curry.

The league has changed. Stars want to play with stars. I like Horford but he is no star. If we they could somehow pair him with another start great but no one will come to team up with him. It is what it is.

The Hawks were literally last out of like 6 teams though. GS jumped out of nowhere because they took a chance on Mark Jackson and tanked for Curry. The league has changed. Stars want to play with stars. I like Horford but he is no star. If we they could somehow pair him with another start great but no one will come to team up with him. It is what it is.

Horford not being a star isn't his fault! He could be a star but the recent hawks management not including ferry was too damn stupid to realize we should have been building around him this whole time! Smith aint no damn star either but for some odd reason he gets more recognition than horford weather he's a free agent or not!Now at 27 years old horford is now being the focal point for a offense when that should have started 2 or 3 years ago!Lesson learned when you keep bad management for several years its going to take several years to fix I feel terrible for horford! He's extremely efficient, he's not a punk but a BEAST, he is a smaller guy playing center and holding his own, he is grabbing 10 Rebs at the least!Horford deserves better and I hope ferry can make that happen sooner than later even if we have to ship him off...we are wasting horfords time he's 28 and I know he wants to win a ring.He has been the best hawks player for 5 years but he gets no props and has been used wrong since we signed him. DAMN SHAME on the hawks! Smh

Dwight's positives over Asik - Dwight sells more tickets, is still a stronger physical force, rebounds a little more and scores about 8-10 more points a game, blocked shots

Asik's positives over Dwight - Youth, maturity(ironically), energy, almost as good a rebounder, salary, good teammate, room for more growth.

Overall, I'm with Diesel. Asik is a young guy who can play the position and would be the most competent center we have had in a long time. Factor in his salary, and we still have room to make other moves this offseason or in the future. Asik all the way.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Yep. I had those same memories. I didn't know he had damn near 12 rpg this season. And he blocks shots. And thursday was his birthday! He and Zaza!!

He is not a shot blocker. 1.1 a game this past season

I like players who have a natural position, a specialty skill, and play with in themselves. Asik does that.We would be a much smarter, more effiicient, obviously better rebounding, and in my mind, a better team with Asik at C and Horford at PF then with Smith and Horford starting in the front court. Players would actually play to their defined roles.Bring back Teague and get one of these wings on the phone. A verbal yes is not the same as signing on the dotted line. I don't want Ellis but Evans or Mayo would make us a better team then last season.We have 2 1st round picks with upside too.I could also live with the gamble of throwing a 4 year $50 mill deal at Pekovic to see if the T'Wolves match. If they match then we have little choice but to tank b/c all the free agents will be gone after 3 days / July 13th.

Edited by coachx