• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Andrew Bynum MEGA Thread - post all discussion here

WillBarrow

• Premium Member

Ok, we have the cap room to go higher than that for a two year deal I assume? If we can get him on a reasonable deal like that then go for it. Yes, he's a gigantic injury risk but if he could stay healthy in the playoffs there's no one in the East that can even guard him.

• Like 1

Ok, we have the cap room to go higher than that for a two year deal I assume? If we can get him on a reasonable deal like that then go for it. Yes, he's a gigantic injury risk but if he could stay healthy in the playoffs there's no one in the East that can even guard him.

The risk is bigger than the reward if his price tag is over 6 million. I would be interest in giving him 3/24 million. He gets 24 million but instead of 1 year, he gets 3 years of security. That gives us some cap flexibility as well.

Seriously almost anyone is better. Bynum wont even see the court. Whats the point?

Because if we don't get him we're just going to be fighting for a 6th seed next year and be a 1st/2nd round exit. With him while it's a risk we could be a very deep and talented team next year.

Edited by GThawks3

I rather save the money, get a better pick, and try our luck again next year. Right now this market is on the scraps, the leftovers that no one wanted when everyone had their first dibs. All the high-dollar guys left have baggage of some kind.Even if you look past Bynum's terrible health, his lousy attitude is still there. He didn't act motivated at all last year, it's all a big joke to him, and EVEN THEN it still works out for the guy because people are offering him tens of millions. We don't want this slacker near our young guys, we don't need to replace Josh's bad attitude with one of a diva.

I match Cleveland and here's why. We all should realize that when it comes to free agency, we can't seem to get the big names. That is not to say I don't think we should continue to try but facts are facts. So if we sign Bynum, even if he doesn't play, Ferry has the grounds to say that he thought it was worth the risk all the while knowing that it could mean lottery in the coming draft which has some rare game changing talent. If Bynum plays well and resumes his form, we have a great center, get to see how Horford does at the 4 or have an extremely valuable trade piece. I think it is a shot worth taking from both angles.

• Like 1