• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Al Horford be the best or second best player on a title team?

Mutombolievable

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?828802-Can-Al-Horford-be-the-best-or-2nd-best-player-on-a-title-contender

Came across this thread in another forum I look at from time to time. I'm sure a lot of you do the same. I thought that y'all would find this interesting as one poster has said he thinks that Al would be the best PF in the NBA if he got to move there. Thought some of y'all might like to follow this.

He can be the best if everything is built around him like the PG is an All Star level playmaker, the SG is a very good scorer, the SF is a great defender with 3pt skills, the center can protect the rim with NBA true center size.

As for 2nd best, it depends who the best is. If you use Horford right, he can generally be your best player.

So I am in on the Al Horford can be a superstar talk.

Posted Image

Atlanta biggest issues is playing him at C. Never having a playmaking PG, that's why I am extremely adamant about getting rid of Jeff at ALL cost. Even if it's for free.

If Atlanta could somehow get a true center, start Jennings or Schröder at PG and build the team around Horford. He could have an astronomical statistical improvement. He is an elite mid range, finisher, and movement player. He is a very good defender.

I've seen Horford disappear too much for me to think he could be the best player on a championship team. Unless it's the fantasy scenario mentioned above where you have the perfect 5-man unit. I also don't think Horford would be any better at PF unless our new center was a legit offensive threat like Bynum would have been. Those guys are as rare as they come, though.

• Premium Member

I've seen Horford disappear too much for me to think he could be the best player on a championship team. Unless it's the fantasy scenario mentioned above where you have the perfect 5-man unit. I also don't think Horford would be any better at PF unless our new center was a legit offensive threat like Bynum would have been. Those guys are as rare as they come, though.

I have to agree here. Too many people are saying Horf needs this and that. However, Horf doesn't really have a consistent goto move. He doesn't take games over, etc. He's more Chris Bosh like than Tim Duncan Like.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Al is not good enough defensively and not consistent enough offensively to be the best or 2nd best player on a title contender.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?828802-Can-Al-Horford-be-the-best-or-2nd-best-player-on-a-title-contender

Came across this thread in another forum I look at from time to time. I'm sure a lot of you do the same. I thought that y'all would find this interesting as one poster has said he thinks that Al would be the best PF in the NBA if he got to move there. Thought some of y'all might like to follow this.

No. He is at his best as a Horace Grant 3rd option (think his Chicago Bulls days)

If Horace was good at off the ball movement, had elite BBIQ for position, top notch passing ability, and was an elite mid range shooter or finisher, that would be accurate Hots. The biggest problem with Al's impact in Atlanta has been related to the PG position and the Center position. Give Al a playmaking PG, this nonsense like Horace Grant would never be said.

Al is one of the most underrated NBA players in the NBA. It used to be Mike Conley but he's starting to get his respect and people in the game see him as a top 3-5 PG. Al is a top 15-20 player who can be a top 5 player in the NBA if we had a freaking PG who can create for others. We have that in Schröder but I am not sure how ready he is but if he is, Horford would be much better even if he has to play center during the regular season. Horford avg 20/10 during the 2nd half of the NBA season with no true PG whatsoever. His best passer and player with best court vision was Smoove.

If Horace was good at off the ball movement, had elite BBIQ for position, top notch passing ability, and was an elite mid range shooter or finisher, that would be accurate Hots. The biggest problem with Al's impact in Atlanta has been related to the PG position and the Center position. Give Al a playmaking PG, this nonsense like Horace Grant would never be said.

Al is one of the most underrated NBA players in the NBA. It used to be Mike Conley but he's starting to get his respect and people in the game see him as a top 3-5 PG. Al is a top 15-20 player who can be a top 5 player in the NBA if we had a freaking PG who can create for others. We have that in Schröder but I am not sure how ready he is but if he is, Horford would be much better even if he has to play center during the regular season. Horford avg 20/10 during the 2nd half of the NBA season with no true PG whatsoever. His best passer and player with best court vision was Smoove.

But we are talking title contender here. Al Horford will NEVER be the best player on a championship contender. There are no signs that Horford is getting that kind of respect. He didn't even make the all star team. On top of that, Chris Paul and Howard could have came here and played with him, but they didn't. If they thought Al was that type of player they would have probably have signed here and I don't think Doc Rivers coaching the Clippers would have stopped them.

Josh averaged 21.6 PPG the second half of last season in 11-12 and so you can only put so much stock into what someone does post all star break. So, maybe Horf will build on what he did in the second half of the season and maybe not. But putting up 20/10 on 40 win teams is different than being a superstar on a championship tender. I don't think Al has it in him to carry the load on a championship team where his play matters the most.

I have to see to believe in most cases.

Edited by Hotlanta1981