• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks have matched Teague offer sheet

yungsta

I wish we have Billy Knight to make roster decisions like signing free agents and trading for players and then we have Danny Ferry doing scouting and drafting players. Because Danny Ferry is awful at free agency and making trades but he is the best we have ever had at scouting and drafting players.

Another pointless season that will lead top nothing.

• Like 2

My ranks (not in perfect order):

Tier 1

Chris Paul

Tier 2

Russell Westbrook

Stephen Curry

Deron Williams

Tony Parker

Derrick Rose

Kyrie Irving

Rajon Rondo

Not sure what's more debatable. Rose being tier 2 or CP3 being better than Rose at all.

Didn't CP3 just get knocked out in the 1st round? They even got eliminated in game 6 with Barnes going off for 30pts 10rebs on 11/14 shooting and 6/7 from 3. He has a supporting cast of Blake Griffin, Deandre Jordan, Chauncey Billups, Jamaal Crawford, Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe. Still gets eliminated from the playoffs when like the 8th best player on the team puts up 30-10 while shooting 80%.

Derrick Rose led the Bulls to the NBA's best record back to back seasons prior to this season. He was also the league MVP at the age of 22.

Second tier? I don't know about that. I do think CP3 is overrated though if a 22 year old MVP is put in a lower tier. After watching the playoffs this year, I'm not even sure it's clear CP3 is better than Tony Parker, Steph Curry or Russel Westbrook. Parker and Curry were absolute studs in carrying their teams and the Thunder looked terrible without Westbrook. There's just no way CP3 should be in another tier than Rose though imo

He's ours, like him or hate him. 4 years for 32 million Bucks. I wouldn't expect him to be the Hawks PG for more than 2 years though unless he just absolutely starts to dominate... and quite honestly I'm not sure that he can't become a top 10 PG with the right coaching. Luckily I think we have that coaching and I think we have the right teammates around him now so that he'll get a chance to blossom.

I agree. Teague is gone in a few years, if not by the deadline. DF and the Hawks aren't interested in taking. They want to compete and give Bud some pieces to coach. Who knows, maybe Bud can turn Teague around. Nobody thought Steph Curry would be a top 5 PG when he was drafted. Good coaching and good pieces around him have made him elite.

Plus Teague is a great trading piece. His contract is market value. Package him and some picks and you could get a PG like Rajon Rondo.

• Moderators

Not sure what's more debatable. Rose being tier 2 or CP3 being better than Rose at all.

Didn't CP3 just get knocked out in the 1st round? They even got eliminated in game 6 with Barnes going off for 30pts 10rebs on 11/14 shooting and 6/7 from 3. He has a supporting cast of Blake Griffin, Deandre Jordan, Chauncey Billups, Jamaal Crawford, Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe. Still gets eliminated from the playoffs when like the 8th best player on the team puts up 30-10 while shooting 80%.

Derrick Rose led the Bulls to the NBA's best record back to back seasons prior to this season. He was also the league MVP at the age of 22.

Second tier? I don't know about that. I do think CP3 is overrated though if a 22 year old MVP is put in a lower tier. After watching the playoffs this year, I'm not even sure it's clear CP3 is better than Tony Parker, Steph Curry or Russel Westbrook. Parker and Curry were absolute studs in carrying their teams and the Thunder looked terrible without Westbrook. There's just no way CP3 should be in another tier than Rose though imo

Rose just missed an entire season and didn't return months after doctors said he was fully cleared even though his team was competitive in the playoffs even without him. He needs to come back healthy before he can return to the top tier, IMO.