• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks have matched Teague offer sheet

yungsta

C'mon guys let's not get butthurt now. We all have our opinions on the matter. Teague is not a FLOOR GENERAL. Can he be if he progresses on the same slate as the past couple years? Sure. But even at 19 years old and even with all his flaws, I see a FLOOR GENERAL in Dennis Schröder. Bud's mainstay: player development and defense. Schröder at age 25 is going to be SCARY.

C'mon guys let's not get butthurt now. We all have our opinions on the matter. Teague is not a FLOOR GENERAL. Can he be if he progresses on the same slate as the past couple years? Sure. But even at 19 years old and even with all his flaws, I see a FLOOR GENERAL in Dennis Schröder. Bud's mainstay: player development and defense. Schröder at age 25 is going to be SCARY.

throwing up a few lobs in summer league means nothing if u can't score or defend against the big boys. Nobody in the NBA is gonna just let u throw all those alley oops like that. The guy hasn't even played a second in the NBA, wasn't even a high pick, u didn't even know who the hell he was a few weeks ago, yet you're all over his sack? Let the kid learn damn, you're gonna be the main one ready to trade him away if he doesn't put up all star numbers from jump. I've seen it all before, and frankly it's retarded

If Teague had the natural PG ability of Schröder he'd be insanely good. But he's a far better player at this point than Schröder.

Natural ability was the words I was looking for. Once Dennis get's used to the NBA it's going to be SCARY. Yes, I'm going on the YouTube videos and the first Summer League game. You see it in this man's eyes, he was born to be a point guard. As I've said before I like Teague, he's progressed every year. The simple fact that he DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE makes me worry.

Natural ability was the words I was looking for. Once Dennis get's used to the NBA it's going to be SCARY. Yes, I'm going on the YouTube videos and the first Summer League game. You see it in this man's eyes, he was born to be a point guard. As I've said before I like Teague, he's progressed every year. The simple fact that he DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE makes me worry.

He doesn't want to be here because the coach couldn't be bothered making an offer... Couldn't be stuffed negotiating with your teams number 1 PG... If I were Teague I would be acting exactly the same way.

• Like 1

• Moderators

When was the last time a rookie PG was benched ("groomed" or developed, whatever) and then became a top player at his position when he saw court time finally? It seems teams that push the rookie PG to start, ends up winning RotY and went on to become a top 10 PG. We never get that excitement with our team. It's always "hold back the rookie" and then he becomes no more than a average player.

That PG in LA with more MVPs than Paul, Deron, Stockton and Westbrook combined fits that description. Most are thrown in but I wouldn't say it is the only way by any means.

Well let me just say this I agree Teague doesn't have the natural pg ability but Teague has shown that when he is confident and aggressive he can be a deadly scorer! I'm not so caught up on traditional PGs which is the same thing as saying he has nautral pg skills....I'm just not so caught up on that if Teague can give me 7 or 8 assists and live up to his potential of being a deadly scorer mainly due to his extreme speed I'm cool with that!We have had this argument many times...traditional or what we are calling it natural point guards don't win titles!!!! Sorry I mean I know the star sheet looks good but when Paul, Nash comes close to a title let me know. I much rather Teague take the d rose way and drop points while dishing out 7 or 8 assist which he's capable of.Teague like Jennings has the skills to be a star but there are a few things working against him! Let me go through the list.....Again!1. Confidence (bud may be able to fix this and if he can watch out!)2.aggressiveness (biggest issue right here! You can't teach that you can only build it up if you know what I mean and bud can possibly do that as well....the build up comes with confidence bring gained)3.shys away from contact on purpose ( Teague fears getting hit but he can grow out of that...it's like going out there on your first football team and being nervous about getting hit eventually he will get use to it!...I met Marshall Faulk once and he told me that he was actually nervous about getting hit every game and this was around the time when he was the best RB in the NFL and he use to truck cats he said when you're in the moment you stop worrying about it....I feel Teague having more to do on the court now that smith is gon he will eventually stop shying away from contact when he goes to the goal.I will put it like this.....if Teague had josh smiths confidence man you guys would be on his sack right now cause he would show our nearly every game....the damn kid can play guys! Be happy we have a player who's actually developing! Sheeeesh

• Premium Member

Well let me just say this I agree Teague doesn't have the natural pg ability but Teague has shown that when he is confident and aggressive he can be a deadly scorer! I'm not so caught up on traditional PGs which is the same thing as saying he has nautral pg skills....I'm just not so caught up on that if Teague can give me 7 or 8 assists and live up to his potential of being a deadly scorer mainly due to his extreme speed I'm cool with that!We have had this argument many times...traditional or what we are calling it natural point guards don't win titles!!!! Sorry I mean I know the star sheet looks good but when Paul, Nash comes close to a title let me know.I much rather Teague take the d rose way and drop points while dishing out 7 or 8 assist which he's capable of.Teague like Jennings has the skills to be a star but there are a few things working against him! Let me go through the list.....Again!1. Confidence (bud may be able to fix this and if he can watch out!)2.aggressiveness (biggest issue right here! You can't teach that you can only build it up if you know what I mean and bud can possibly do that as well....the build up comes with confidence bring gained)3.shys away from contact on purpose ( Teague fears getting hit but he can grow out of that...it's like going out there on your first football team and being nervous about getting hit eventually he will get use to it!...I met Marshall Faulk once and he told me that he was actually nervous about getting hit every game and this was around the time when he was the best RB in the NFL and he use to truck cats he said when you're in the moment you stop worrying about it....I feel Teague having more to do on the court now that smith is gon he will eventually stop shying away from contact when he goes to the goal.I will put it like this.....if Teague had josh smiths confidence man you guys would be on his sack right now cause he would show our nearly every game....the damn kid can play guys! Be happy we have a player who's actually developing! Sheeeesh

If Teague could pass like Paul, be defensively as good as Rubio, score like Deron and rebound like Rondo he'd be...oh wait. He's none of that. Never will be. He's 25 already. He's peaked as a player. The dude is mediocre. His PER last year was 20th best out of point guards. Yawn.

Using this flawed thinking any player would be great if they just had this or that. Here's the problem: they don't. Jeff isn't going to magically become a 20/10 All NBA point guard because you want him to be.

Well let me just say this I agree Teague doesn't have the natural pg ability but Teague has shown that when he is confident and aggressive he can be a deadly scorer! I'm not so caught up on traditional PGs which is the same thing as saying he has nautral pg skills....I'm just not so caught up on that if Teague can give me 7 or 8 assists and live up to his potential of being a deadly scorer mainly due to his extreme speed I'm cool with that!We have had this argument many times...traditional or what we are calling it natural point guards don't win titles!!!! Sorry I mean I know the star sheet looks good but when Paul, Nash comes close to a title let me know.I much rather Teague take the d rose way and drop points while dishing out 7 or 8 assist which he's capable of.Teague like Jennings has the skills to be a star but there are a few things working against him! Let me go through the list.....Again!1. Confidence (bud may be able to fix this and if he can watch out!)2.aggressiveness (biggest issue right here! You can't teach that you can only build it up if you know what I mean and bud can possibly do that as well....the build up comes with confidence bring gained)3.shys away from contact on purpose ( Teague fears getting hit but he can grow out of that...it's like going out there on your first football team and being nervous about getting hit eventually he will get use to it!...I met Marshall Faulk once and he told me that he was actually nervous about getting hit every game and this was around the time when he was the best RB in the NFL and he use to truck cats he said when you're in the moment you stop worrying about it....I feel Teague having more to do on the court now that smith is gon he will eventually stop shying away from contact when he goes to the goal.I will put it like this.....if Teague had josh smiths confidence man you guys would be on his sack right now cause he would show our nearly every game....the damn kid can play guys! Be happy we have a player who's actually developing! Sheeeesh

lol I would shy away from contact too if I got hacked everytime I go to the basket and never got a call, especially if a have a very capable floater. I agree with everything though. Jeff needs some core strengthening so he can take contact inside and get through screens better

Teague is a middle of the pack PG on a middle of the pack team. His price isn't bad. The question is more franchise direction.

this. I dont have anything against teague. its the lack of direction of the franchise. not getting any better to reach a contender status and not willing to take a step back. we are just sitting on the same ole 40ish win team but with just a few new faces.

We have been a playoff team for 5 years and havent been able to break pretender status. Its just frustrating during those 5 years watching other teams we use to be better than make progress and surpass us while we stayed the same with very little/no progress.

Edited by yungsta

this. I dont have anything against teague. its the lack of direction of the franchise.

Seriously yungsta...now let's think about this...Teague as much as said he was glad to be out of here. Is Ferry just messing with him? It makes no sense when a guy has basically said he is happy to be gone to expect him to come back and be happy.

P.S. - is it a thing that there can only be ONE offer to a RFA? Can another team make an offer now since the 3-day thing is over?

confused.

Seriously yungsta...now let's think about this...Teague as much as said he was glad to be out of here. Is Ferry just messing with him? It makes no sense when a guy has basically said he is happy to be gone to expect him to come back and be happy.

P.S. - is it a thing that there can only be ONE offer to a RFA? Can another team make an offer now since the 3-day thing is over?

confused.

Im not a CBA expert but Im pretty sure once we match the offer hes officially ours and no1 else can make a higher offer and try to screw us.

Edited by yungsta

He's ours, like him or hate him. 4 years for 32 million Bucks. I wouldn't expect him to be the Hawks PG for more than 2 years though unless he just absolutely starts to dominate... and quite honestly I'm not sure that he can't become a top 10 PG with the right coaching. Luckily I think we have that coaching and I think we have the right teammates around him now so that he'll get a chance to blossom.

• Like 1

I wish we have Billy Knight to make roster decisions like signing free agents and trading for players and then we have Danny Ferry doing scouting and drafting players. Because Danny Ferry is awful at free agency and making trades but he is the best we have ever had at scouting and drafting players.

He's ours, like him or hate him. 4 years for 32 million Bucks. I wouldn't expect him to be the Hawks PG for more than 2 years though unless he just absolutely starts to dominate... and quite honestly I'm not sure that he can't become a top 10 PG with the right coaching. Luckily I think we have that coaching and I think we have the right teammates around him now so that he'll get a chance to blossom.

I can see it now, in 2014-15 season the Atlanta Hawks Jeff Teague for Gerald Wallace and the rights to Boston's European player to be named later...

#gohawks

I swear you can't made this BS up man. This organization has been horrible.

Sund is like a happy medium of bad. He is below average at free agency, scouting, trades, and the draft.

BK is all time awful at the draft if not the worst of all time, terrible at scouting, good at free agency, and pretty good at trades.

Ferry is great at the draft and scouting but all time awful at free agency and trades.

If we can platoon BK/Ferry, we would be on to something serious.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think this is a problem for Hawks fans. Squawkers.

I believe that Squawkers are afraid of Jeff Teague's success? They have bought a bill of Goods about the draft and will take all the way. They believe that Dennis must be the future of Hawks basketball because we drafted him with the 17th pick. SO, instead of watching Teague develop into a "top 10" PG they would rather see him fail or with another team.

It's terrible right? To see fans so caught up in a draft pick that they would rather see the failure of their own player for the sake of watching this draft pick come to fruition.

But let's understand this idea of top 10 PG?

Jeff Teague ranked #11 among PGs in assists per game last year. Ahead of guys like Lillard, Jennings, Calderon, Curry, and Conley.

Jeff Teague ranked #9 among PGs in Double Doubles Last year. Tied with Curry, ahead of guys like Wall, Rubio, and Calderon.

Jeff Teague ranked #12 among PGs in PPG last year. Tied with Conley, ahead of guys like Lin and HIll.

Jeff Teague tied for #13 among PGs in Steals per game last year. Ahead of guys like Collison, Bledsoe, and Hill.

Jeff Teague tied for #6 among PGs in Blocks per game last year.

Jeff Teague was #12 amoung PGs in FG% last year. Ahead of guys like Deron Williams and Westbrook.

Now, there's a lot of people who are trying to make it seem like Jeff Teague is a long way away from being a top 10 PG. But by the numbers, he's closer to top 10 than he is middle of the pack as has been said.. He definitely has places to work, mainly turnovers and rebounding. However, I think with a new offense, that will change a bit. His assists will improve as well.

• Like 2

Diesel, we can do that for Marvin with SF's into his contract year as well while being younger, better, and more important to the team than Jeffery. Sorry bro but we seen him play every game. He is an average ass PG with limited potential who is now overpaid.

The way you feel about Marvin is the way I feel about Jeffery.

• Like 1