• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Schröder is better right now than Jeff Teague

NBASupes

Teague is a better overall player right now. But Schröder is the better point guard right now. I think it will take Schröder a year or so to be completely comfortable. Schröder is a better playmaker and defender than Teague right now. It's a luxury for us to have such a great backup prospect in Schröder.As far as jrue Holiday vs Teague, I think the league sees jrue as the better player. I personally like Teague better, maybe because I'm biased. I don't think Teague will get us a return in trade as the Sixers got for Holiday. I agree that Sixers really did well with that trade. Dell got kinda dumped on. Lol.

I don't think that is the case. Philly overpaid to resign him this past season, and one of the first moves their new GM makes is to get out from under that contract.

Holiday has hovered right around average as a player for his entire career to this point. He has not shown the year to year improvement that Jeff Teague has shown, and this is a player that started and played more as a rookie than Jeff. His inefficient shooting is what kills him.

I think this is a perfect case of a GM in Dell Demps who is tired of being in the lottery year after year that has overreacted to that fatigue, and a GM in Sam Hinkie who looks at the numbers and realizes that Jrue Holiday is not as good as he is portrayed by the media.

• Premium Member

You guys have my attention. It's true. It doesn't take long to figure out what you have in a PG. I found the games online and will be giving my evaluation soon, Stay tuned.

• Premium Member

Jrue Holiday is not a perfect player or point guard, but let's stop acting like the guy isn't an immensely talented YOUNG player who will have an opportunity to keep getting better. The guy is coming off an All-Star year. As a young player, he has things to work on, but so does Teague.

Edited by Jody23

• Moderators

I has to confess i am here on this board because of Schröder, and would be excited and happy when he gets the chanche to start.

BUT i like Teague game, and i think he is much better then DS at the moment so i don't think it would be start to bench him for Schröder. I can imagine maybe some games where Schröder and Teague play together, with teague acting like a creative SG since after Teague the Hawks Guards ain't the best.

Maybe you've already been welcomed but if not welcome! Glad you are following the Hawks and Schröder. As you can tell we are pretty excited to have him.

Posted Image

Jrue Holiday is not a perfect player or point guard, but let's stop acting like the guy isn't an immensely talented YOUNG player who will have an opportunity to keep getting better. The guy is coming off an All-Star year. As a young player, he has things to work on, but so does Teague.

Talent means nothing if it doesn't equal production. Jrue's production is completely average, and this idea that there is some mystical impact that certain players have on teams that can't be measured is pure bunk. Jrue is bigger, but he is no more talented than Jeff Teague.

Neither player is in Ty Lawson's category as a point guard, but Jeff is a lot closer after this past season than Jrue is.

Do I think Dennis will be an integral part of our team and an elite PG one day? Yes.

Is he better than Teague right now? I think to say that would be super premature. I would reserve my judgement till I see Dennis on the court against NBA players. I expect him to have an adjustment period so he can at least get used to the NBA style of play and the calibur (both in size and athletic ability) of players in the league.

• Premium Member

I has to confess i am here on this board because of Schröder, and would be excited and happy when he gets the chanche to start.

BUT i like Teague game, and i think he is much better then DS at the moment so i don't think it would be start to bench him for Schröder. I can imagine maybe some games where Schröder and Teague play together, with teague acting like a creative SG since after Teague the Hawks Guards ain't the best.

There was a time not so long ago that Teague would have been the prototypical SG. And remember that we began enjoying some exceptional success last season when Lou Williams was starting alongside Teague. There is something to be said for the possibility that Schröder and Teague could eventually get a lot of minutes.

But.

I don't see that happening for a couple of years.

While Josh does hurt any offense he is in at times due to his bad shot selection and decision making skills on offense Jeff was no angel as well. Jeff struggled even more than Hinrich to get us into our sets. Most of our motion offense was scraped from what it was at the beginning of the season. Just because LD wanted Teague didn't make him good at running that offense. He could just want him for other reasons like his ability to attack, he is versatile, you can spot him at SG, he is fast as a missile and quick as a squirrel. Jeff is a talented player and potentially a top 50 NBA player in the right spot of his abilities. That might be a lot more of the reason LD wanted Jeff instead of his lack there of ability to run an offense. You lack of common sense if you think Smoove is the reason way our offense looked completely stagnant when Jeff had a usage rate higher than CP3 and he over-dribbling more than Mack in SL. You also lack common sense if you think a player who struggled quite a bit with a more basic offense will just instantly pick up a more complex offense having even more responsibility to distribute now that Smoove is gone. I think you and many others love to blame Josh but Josh is also a major factor why Al got good looks. More so than Jeff. If you feel you are wasting your time, why come and post on this subject then? You didn't have to reply. It is not like I think what you are saying is all that important. I am not at the edge of my seat waiting to see what JTB thinks about my opinion on Jeff Teague. I think you and the Hawks fans who view things like you are dead wrong. I don't think Joe or Josh got in the way. We never said Joe or Josh got in the way of Bibby. Not once, it's funny that when players fail, we have a tendency to blame other players for it. Why can't you just expect maybe Jeff doesn't have a PG skill-set. The difference between your opinion on LAC and others is you dislike is because of bitterness. I don't dislike Jeff because of his game. I dislike him because he is our starting PG and he can't play to our personnel strengths at all. There is a reason Josh never respected him from Day 1.

Oh my you think josh is a NOT reason for poor offense the hawks had at many times?.....WOW and you say I don't have common sense! I should be done with you....please re retire lol.....not really sure why dolf allows somebody to post completely negativeness throughout the boards on their every post. Your not a positive poster not even a truthful poster all you see is your opinion and act as if its facts. I never stated that your opinions aren't true but they have to come to life first! Teague has to mess up first! Your not getting anywhere guy! I said to you let Teague screw up this season and then maybe your opinions won't be taken with a grain of salt but you tell me " I'm not going to just sit back like JTB and wait!" As if you have the power to change the starting lineup! <---your making me laugh!When Teague messes up I will be the first to congratulate you on your prediction of him having a failed season. Until we see Teague officially mess up because he's going to start anyways then I'm sure dozens of hawk fans will adjust their thoughts and think like you. But again your opinion of Dennis vs Teague isn't going to get anywhere until Teague really messes up.Don't get so defensive I'm not calling you wrong here I'm just saying let Teague mess up first! Again he's going to start anyways! I rather you make post on why Teague doesn't fit this spurs like offense we are trying to bring here than compare a rookie to a four year vet!If you tell posters why Teague isn't a good fit maybe we will all listen but if continue to just tell us Dennis is better but we all know he isn't playing against top level nba players we are going to have doubt! That's common sense! We have seen plenty of players dominate in summer league games before...unlike you I don't crown anybody until they can do it in the NBA and really not until the playoffs for that matter.

• Premium Member

Talent means nothing if it doesn't equal production. Jrue's production is completely average, and this idea that there is some mystical impact that certain players have on teams that can't be measured is pure bunk. Jrue is bigger, but he is no more talented than Jeff Teague. Neither player is in Ty Lawson's category as a point guard, but Jeff is a lot closer after this past season than Jrue is.

Huh? Holiday posted 17.7ppg, 4rebs and 8 assists for the season. All better numbers than Teague while being selected to the All-Star team. In what world is that just "average"? I'm not saying he's worlds better than Teague, but if Teague is better than average, so is he. Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

He is better overall. He is more impactful in terms of running an offense, passing, getting others open shots, flair passing, controlling the tempo, defensive intensity, offensive BBIQ, and he is elite at running the PnR which is Horf's game.

We need not to waste time starting Bobby Jackson 2.0. Start Schröder now.

Um, no.

• Premium Member

Doug Gottlieb was a gifted passer coming out of college. He's now a commentator because the rest of his game was lacking. Give Schröder the chance to become a more complete player before we say he's better than someone who's been doing it for a while.

• Like 1

Hell naw, Teague is not as good as Jrue Holiday.

I guess if u stuck Teague on a shtty lotto team where he had to take shots he could avr more points than Holiday. I mean Philly had no problem sending him off with no real pg replacement.

• Premium Member

Doug Gottlieb was a gifted passer coming out of college. He's now a commentator because the rest of his game was lacking. Give Schröder the chance to become a more complete player before we say he's better than someone who's been doing it for a while.

This exactly. I really like what I see in Dennis, but we have to remember he's 19 yrs. old and has a lot to learn about the NBA game and alot of developing to do.

He is better overall. He is more impactful in terms of running an offense, passing, getting others open shots, flair passing, controlling the tempo, defensive intensity, offensive BBIQ, and he is elite at running the PnR which is Horf's game.

We need not to waste time starting Bobby Jackson 2.0. Start Schröder now.

Well he shot 12-39 overall and 4-18 from 3 vs vaunted summer league d. What do you think that will transalte to vs nba d if he were to start right now? LMFAO even Morlon Wiley could walk out there today and shoot better. The kid aint ready and your just a proven Teague hater.

• Premium Member

I guess if u stuck Teague on a shtty lotto team where he had to take shots he could avr more points than Holiday. I mean Philly had no problem sending him off with no real pg replacement.

The guy they drafted, Michael Carter Williams, has a chance to be a really good point guard. I think the trade they made was more about tanking to get a potential star in 2014 than it was about moving Holiday. They knew there team as constructed was a middle of the pack team at best.