• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So... Could Pero be our starting center?

ATLscrubLove

He is the closest thing we have to a center on this team (as it is now). I really like his game and love his nickname. Plus this top comment under "Hawks signs Pero interview" reads... These foreign guys are gonna make us the the most loved/known NBA team overseas eventually.

Top Comments
    [*]Posted ImagePosted Image

gomadzevik 3 days ago

YEEEAH! Greetings from Macedonia! Atlanta Hawks just won 2 million more fans Posted Image

Reply · 22 Posted ImagePosted Image
    [*]Posted ImagePosted Image

Martin Kokolanski 3 days ago

GO PERO YOU ARE ONE OF MANY BIG PLAYERS FROM MACEDONIA, BUT YOU ARE DEFINITELY THE BIGGEST

Reply · 9 Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by ATLscrubLove

• Moderators

We need someone other than Horford at center to really be successful... Maybe Ferry isn't done yet, we shall see.

If you don't consider the last few seasons when Horford was starting at center to have been 'really successful', you won't find this season to be 'really successful' either.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think ATL means to be a contender as if that status is the only bar for success. This opinion is held by manySent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

• Premium Member

I'd like to see another center added to further reduce the time Horford has to spend there. Perhaps Ferry feels the same as he seems to still be pursuing Oden with two guys in Brand and Ayón that he considers centers already on the roster.

I think ATL means to be a contender as if that status is the only bar for success. This opinion is held by manySent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The only thing is there is no center currently available that would make it so. These are all stop gap measures.

To get a big, tall guy just to get one is pointless unless he fits Coach Bud's philosophy (whatever that is). During SL - Ferry did say that he wants a center but has to be the right one that fits with the personnel and coaching style.

I think Boban Marjonavic has a better shot at being our starting center.

Truth is, at this point in roster formation, if it's not Horf, then it's probably falling on Brand. And if that happens, it'll likely be a center by committee scenario since Brand isn't likely to give us a ton of MPG.

• Like 2

Seriously?? Do you think Vladimir Radmanovic would be able to be starting center? Pero Antić is the same type player like VladRad. The difference is that Radmanovic was able to knock down 3-pointers. Pero Antić hasn't played as a center in Euroleague neither for National Team. And he averaged just 2.4 points, 2.1 attempts at the rim per 28 minutes in the Euroleague.So, do you think he should be our starting center?