• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud arrested for Dui

macdaddy

• Premium Member

kg, if you haven't been drinking, you take the test so that you don't fail it. if you have had one drink, you take the test so that you don't fail it. that said, bud was probably pretty sober but just made a mistake after having dinner and drinks with friends. the mistake was driving. i learned my lesson 20 years ago about driving drunk. You should never do it. (he may be on medication that interacts with alcohol as well, who knows?)

And I think that the dwi laws in this country are too harsh, but they are what they are. It just isn't rational to try to go around them.

The officer said his eyes were bloodshot and he could smell alcohol. Bud was likely drunk at this point. The laws are too harsh until there's a person killed by a drunk driver. 50% of the people killed in automobiles were killed from drinking and driving.

Adults drank too much and got behind the wheel about 112 million times in 2010 - that is almost 300,000 incidents of drinking and driving each day - See more at: http://www.madd.org/statistics/#sthash.XA0nbnT5.dpuf
Edited by Diesel
  • Like 1

All these people excusing drunk driving must have never been affected by it. My father was hit by a drunk driver. I stand by my earlier statement, people who drink and then get behind the wheel are basically attempting murder on the public. It is hard enough to account for the suddeness of driving while completely sober. Why on earth would you knowingly put others at risk? No one accidently gets drunk. You knew you were going to drink before hand so you should have some plan to get home that doesn't involve getting behind the wheel of a car.

• Like 1

All these people excusing drunk driving must have never been affected by it. My father was hit by a drunk driver. I stand by my earlier statement, people who drink and then get behind the wheel are basically attempting murder on the public. It is hard enough to account for the suddeness of driving while completely sober. Why on earth would you knowingly put others at risk? No one accidently gets drunk. You knew you were going to drink before hand so you should have some plan to get home that doesn't involve getting behind the wheel of a car.

Agreed, if you have the funds to take a cab if you even feel the least bit tipsy, do it. Somebody with Mike's stature and financial success should of known better.

• Premium Member

So here's the matter.

Bud was smart enough to not get caught. Evidence is gone unless there is a witness.

If said witness comes fourth and say that there's no way that he wasn't drunk...

Do the Hawks Fire him?

Nobody has excused drunk driving. You are making that up. But if you or anyone else is going to demonize every instance of a driver who has had any amount of alcohol even if it is just touching the legal limit as attempting murder, then you must also call ANY action willingly undertaken by any driver that could result in injury to as another driver as attempted murder. Under this scenario that you have created, we basically need to make illegal any human operated driving of vehicles and plead for Google to hurry up with their automated driving vehicles. Not very logical or realistic is it?
  • Like 1

Please apply some logic. Even if a drunk driver has an accident, that does not logically imply that they would not have had the accident had they not drunk. Eliminating drunken driving will not eliminate vehicle accidents that kill people. So does that mean that a non alcohol accident is OK? No. I say keep alcohol and get rid of the cars.

Nobody has excused drunk driving. You are making that up. But if you or anyone else is going to demonize every instance of a driver who has had any amount of alcohol even if it is just touching the legal limit as attempting murder, then you must also call ANY action willingly undertaken by any driver that could result in injury to as another driver as attempted murder. Under this scenario that you have created, we basically need to make illegal any human operated driving of vehicles and plead for Google to hurry up with their automated driving vehicles. Not very logical or realistic is it?

I disagree and would gladly debate further if you would like in the Politics forum.

So here's the matter.

Bud was smart enough to not get caught. Evidence is gone unless there is a witness.

If said witness comes fourth and say that there's no way that he wasn't drunk...

Do the Hawks Fire him?

It depends. is Integrity a component of this "change the culture"?

• Moderators

I'm guessing I'm the only one that doesn't care about this... I mean we also hired Snyder who has a history with cocaine and hookers. Sure, drunk driver's are dangerous, but don't act like just because he is the head coach of Hawks that he has a different level of standards from any one else. Bud got pulled over and given a DUI, a crime that 100's commit every single night. I mean most of the poster's in this thread are getting pissed over could've's and if's. I don't care about what could have happened. Vick fought dogs, got arrested, and got a jail sentence that affected the Falcon's win/loss record, so I hate him for it. As long as it doesn't affect us winning games, I don't care what he does in his personal time. I only care about wins.

I'm guessing I'm the only one that doesn't care about this... I mean we also hired Snyder who has a history with cocaine and hookers. Sure, drunk driver's are dangerous, but don't act like just because he is the head coach of Hawks that he has a different level of standards from any one else. Bud got pulled over and given a DUI, a crime that 100's commit every single night. I mean most of the poster's in this thread are getting pissed over could've's and if's. I don't care about what could have happened. Vick fought dogs, got arrested, and got a jail sentence that affected the Falcon's win/loss record, so I hate him for it. As long as it doesn't affect us winning games, I don't care what he does in his personal time. I only care about wins.

You get a DUI working for my company and you'll be out of a job the following day. I'd guess most big companies are that way so I would certainly understand if the Hawks fired him, although I doubt it will happen. I don't want him to be fired either, just to be clear.

I imagine this is why lawyers always say decline to take the breath test. Why give the police evidence they wouldn't otherwise have to build a case against you?

Once again from what I've read previously, in most states if you refuse the test you are considered guilty but the sentence and fine is less than if they test you and you're over the limit. Maybe by half the jail time and fine. So lawyers were saying you could not lose if you refused and telling all their clients to refuse. States figured this out and then many began implementing the laws that allow them to forcibly take blood for a test if you decline.