• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud arrested for Dui

macdaddy

I imagine this is why lawyers always say decline to take the breath test. Why give the police evidence they wouldn't otherwise have to build a case against you?

since you quoted me on german right, making the breath test is making things easier for you and don't make evidence on you. If the police ask you for a breath test and you decline, they get an blood test for you. If you pass the breath test, you can continue driving if you fail it they get an blood test for you which give exact results.

• Premium Member

I'm guessing I'm the only one that doesn't care about this... I mean we also hired Snyder who has a history with cocaine and hookers. Sure, drunk driver's are dangerous, but don't act like just because he is the head coach of Hawks that he has a different level of standards from any one else. Bud got pulled over and given a DUI, a crime that 100's commit every single night. I mean most of the poster's in this thread are getting pissed over could've's and if's. I don't care about what could have happened. Vick fought dogs, got arrested, and got a jail sentence that affected the Falcon's win/loss record, so I hate him for it. As long as it doesn't affect us winning games, I don't care what he does in his personal time. I only care about wins.

If it were just us in the backyard, that's one thing. However, we're talking about an international organization who have fans worldwide.

As a role model, I'm sure that Bud's new contract has a behavior clause that protects the Hawks from being embarrassed as an organization.

What if Bud was the Otis of Basketball coaches?

What if Bud was the Ike Turner of Basketball coaches?

What if Bud was the Jerry Sandusky of Basketball coaches?

Where exactly do you draw the line?

• Premium Member

Once again from what I've read previously, in most states if you refuse the test you are considered guilty but the sentence and fine is less than if they test you and you're over the limit. Maybe by half the jail time and fine. So lawyers were saying you could not lose if you refused and telling all their clients to refuse. States figured this out and then many began implementing the laws that allow them to forcibly take blood for a test if you decline.

This works against your 4th amendment rights as a citizen. Without a warrant, the police have no right to take anything from a citizen forcably. It seems as though the conditions that used to be applied to probable... are being relaxed farther and farther.

From who's perspective? Certainly not women or minorities

Not a debate for here and I'm not disputing that it wasn't bad for women and especially minorities but there's no disputing that America was far better off before the 80's and so on. We continue to move away from the constitution and closer and closer towards collapse. But anyway, not a debate for here so I'll just end my piece with that.

I don't condone drinking and driving at ALL but Bud was very smart and followed good process for this. He could've been under the limit but they refused him the chance to prove himself innocent but they also now can't prove him guilty. Bud did well at being very careful as to what he said/did and knowing his rights and I think this will blow over.

That said, I agree with the notion of can we stop crucifying this guy? Were we there? Do we know the whole situation? No, so stop judging as none of us are perfect.

I can't stand drunk driving too, but I'd have to put texting and driving at the top of my list. It's found to be just as (if not more) dangerous and there are way too many culprits out there on the road. I feel like this gets too much of a pass.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I am not sure that I agree that they refused him the right to take the breathalyzer test. That isn't what the report says. We'll see how it plays out. Hopefully this has been overblown but he was clearly concerned about blowing a positive.

Hopefully he isn't looking at the roster and regretting his decision to come here. In all seriousness I have zero tolerance for this type of bull. DUI's are attempted murder in my book, everybody knows the risk.

This and these girls and some guys who read text and send text while driving. They may as well be shooting bullets into a crowd blindfolded cause eventually they are going to get somebody killed. Texting while driving should be punished like dui cuz it causes more deaths.

Edited by NJHAWK

This and these girls and some guys who read text and send text while driving. They may as well be shooting bullets into a crowd blindfolded cause eventually they are going to get somebody killed. Texting while driving should be punished like dui cuz it causes more deaths.

What about changing CD's (changing radio stations)?