• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud arrested for Dui

macdaddy

Why do you want a man to lose his job? Even if guilty, serve or pay the sentence, get your $hit together, go to work and try to avoid making the same mistake...or any other because the intolerance level is off the charts with some people and seemingly authority. The laws are more than enough, we don't need public lynchings

• Like 1

As long as he was just above the legal limit for BAC, then I don't think he should be considered a terrible person. If he was extremely drunk, then I can say he deserves the book be thrown at him. Yes, he needs to be held accountable and sure it's stupid and shows a lack of good judgement. But a person driving just above the legal limit of alcohol does not in any way represent attempted murder or any of the ludicrous statements being made in this thread. By that same measure, you can come up with any multitude of mental deficiencies that I see people completely sober demonstrating on the road every day of my life that could be considered dangerous and life threatening to other drivers! I'd rather take my chances with a person who had two beers with his dinner on the road than the tailgaters, aggressive speeders, texting/talking and driving, applying make-up while driving, eating while driving crowd that scares the living crap out of me everyday!

• Like 2

Also, the mumbled and slow speech is just something common to a Hawks coach. Woody, LD, and Spuds MacKenzie all talk like that. It is the A$G's #1 quality in a coach they like.

That's something I wonder all the time. if a cop is just meeting this person, how do they know what this persons speech should be like to determine it is "slurred"? If you read the story, he was really arrested because he refused to take the breath test. He asked to speak to his lawyer(his legal right)and the cop got ticked and arrested him. He then volunteered to take it at the jail after talking to his lawyer and they denied him. I think he will end up getting off because the only real "proof" is subjective opinions of the police officer that he "appeared" drunk. His blood test at the hospital showed him well below the legal limit. The cops simply denied him the right to prove it at the jail. That's why he plead not guilty. He wasn't drunk.I'm not defending drunk driving by any means, but this story is being blown way out of proportion by the media.Gotta sell papers I guess.
  • Like 1

Let's let this play out before we start crucifyin' the guy... smh @ some of you guys sayin' he should be fired for makin' one mistake.

Locking the keys in your car is a mistake.... Risking other peoples lives by drinking and driving is something else.

My dad tended to drink and drive and I hate that. Drunk drivers piss me off.

• Moderators

He didn't refuse the testHe said he wanted to call lawyer before taking test and they immediately arrested him and then refused him a test after he spoke to lawyerYou people are convicting him based on hearsay and speculation

To be fair to the GSP (mark the date!!! only time I'm ever doing this), on Page 2 of the Incident Report (link on Page 4 of the thread), "Poncherello" (not his real name, I just like calling them that) the arresting officer wrote, "Mr. Budenholzer took three of the four tests that I requested, refusing the preliminary breath test."

In explaining the arrest, "Ponch" asserts: "I requested a breath test and Mr. Budenholzer refused the breath test under implied consent by giving a verbal 'No'." The report doesn't suggest Bud expressed conditional consent, specifically any request to consult legal counsel before taking the breath test.

Now, that doesn't mean Bud's attorney's statement wasn't true... just that it can't be verified on the basis of the GSP arrest report. Likely motivated by arrests per stop or some performance measure (see earlier post about the GSP "Nighthawks"), "Ponch" can write pretty much whatever he pleases in the Narrative to justify the arrest. He can ignore Bud's pleas once the magic word, "no," escapes the coach's lips, and he's probably trained to do just that. So it all comes down to He Said, He Said, unless the police video reveals anything more.

If forced to choose between two shaky stories, I'm inclined to believe Bud myself, as the only "GSP" I've come to admire is an MMA champ. But I am trying not to look at this thing with Hawk-feathered glasses.

~lw3

• Moderators

One more question of ignorance on my part. Do 2013 Audi A8 Quattros come with faulty tail lights or something? Seems fishy to me that a tail light would be out on a car that new. Unless it was recently damaged, the odds seem awfully low.

~lw3

• Moderators

Michael Vincent Budenholzer. Can he hire My Cousin Vinny to defend him? And at least his behavior was described as "polite".

Also, the mumbled and slow speech is just something common to a Hawks coach. Woody, LD, and Spuds MacKenzie all talk like that. It is the A$G's #1 quality in a coach they like.

Would-be DUI Officer Reports:

"Mr. Woodson exhibited Nystagmus, as he exhibited a distinct inability to lower his eyebrows throughout the Gaze test. Also claimed he had little use for A. Law."

"Mr. Drew exhibited slurred speech by 'Ummmmmmmmmmmm'ing through every response to my queries. Also proved hopelessly incapable of stopping himself from chewing gum."

~lw3

• Moderators

One more question of ignorance on my part. Do 2013 Audi A8 Quattros come with faulty tail lights or something? Seems fishy to me that a tail light would be out on a car that new. Unless it was recently damaged, the odds seem awfully low.

~lw3

Actually the Audi A8's come with LED taillights, so outside of the taillight being busted out or disconnected, there should have been no reason that the taillight should have been out. My guess is the cop was probably outside the bar waiting for drunks and saw Bud walk out of the bar and get his car. Then used the lie that his taillight was out to pull him over...

• Like 3

good now we can stop that culture bullshit and start getting the best talent we can. Oops that culture bullshit was always a front to hide the fact that we are not currently a destination for the best talent.

weird that this happens without a bloodtest, in germany you can refuse the breath test but if you do so you will get a blood test pretty soon. if the breath test positiv you also need to make a bloodtest, without testing the blood you can not get charged in germany(no proofe no case).

When he make the test 6 hours later, it is pretty useless a healthy male can reduce his alcohol level alot in this time.

kg, if you haven't been drinking, you take the test so that you don't fail it. if you have had one drink, you take the test so that you don't fail it. that said, bud was probably pretty sober but just made a mistake after having dinner and drinks with friends. the mistake was driving. i learned my lesson 20 years ago about driving drunk. You should never do it. (he may be on medication that interacts with alcohol as well, who knows?)

And I think that the dwi laws in this country are too harsh, but they are what they are. It just isn't rational to try to go around them.

His blood alcohol level was well below a few hours after the arrest. It doesn't take "just a few hours" to get your levels down that much. This will be dropped in court. I think this will all blow over fast although I'm super surprised this happened. Something smells fishy here though, Bud looks like he always has red eyes. Obviously if this never happened 19 years in San Antonio but it happens here within months? Cops here are corrupted more so than a lot of other states. I just don't know what to think.

Edited by IllestPamfilis